80 members have voted

1. 1. Grade our draft

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I didn't really want JSN at 13. That being said, I couldn't care less about college football players choosing to skip postseason games UNLESS they're in the CFP (which OSU was). So I agree there's an concern there. 

But man, Seattle CRUSHED their first 3 picks. They did really really well IMO. 

If Geno is actually decent, Seattle will challenge for the 2nd best NFC team.

Thought the same thing.  Seattle.  Dang.  Usually I could count on them to fail in the draft, but not this time.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I didn't really want JSN at 13. That being said, I couldn't care less about college football players choosing to skip postseason games UNLESS they're in the CFP (which OSU was). So I agree there's an concern there. 

But man, Seattle CRUSHED their first 3 picks. They did really really well IMO. 

If Geno is actually decent, Seattle will challenge for the 2nd best NFC team.

100% agree with this. In fact, I think kids should skip the bowl games if they are entering the draft. AT this point they are just money grabs for the schools. Meaningless exhibition games. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

100% agree with this. In fact, I think kids should skip the bowl games if they are entering the draft. AT this point they are just money grabs for the schools. Meaningless exhibition games. 

Yeah I always think about Jaylon Smith (Notre Dame LB, considered a top 5 pick) playing in the Fiesta Bowl. Freak knee injury derails his whole career.

Joey Bosa immediately commits a targeting penalty the next play and gets himself thrown out. He realized just how much he was risking to make Ohio State another $50M and figured it was time to get his career started.

I'm completely ok with a guy like JSN skipping the whole season. He already put together first round WR tape. He probably wouldn't be able to put together top 10 tape, so he sat out the season got ready to start his professional career.

4 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Yeah I always think about Jaylon Smith (Notre Dame LB, considered a top 5 pick) playing in the Fiesta Bowl. Freak knee injury derails his whole career.

Joey Bosa immediately commits a targeting penalty the next play and gets himself thrown out. He realized just how much he was risking to make Ohio State another $50M and figured it was time to get his career started.

I'm completely ok with a guy like JSN skipping the whole season. He already put together first round WR tape. He probably wouldn't be able to put together top 10 tape, so he sat out the season got ready to start his professional career.

But he didn't sit out the whole season. He also was telling his teammates he was trying to get back. He played in 2 or 3 games. They bailed when allegedly healthy for the playoffs. 

55 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Nijman can earn the most money of any packer not named love this season

Rashan Gary begs to differ. Unless you are already counting on him getting 20 a year with upside to 25 a year. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

But he didn't sit out the whole season. He also was telling his teammates he was trying to get back. He played in 2 or 3 games. They bailed when allegedly healthy for the playoffs. 

Yeah, but I guess that stuff still doesn't bother me.

If I were to compare this to my own life: I was an civil engineering student. I hated most of my classes and generally screwed off through the ones I didn't care for. I put together a resume that had an internship, i had good grades in my soil mechanics classes. 

Should my employer care about me mailing it in my senior year? No, they just hired me to do things I'd already shown I could do. If JSN things he's done enough to prove he can play in the NFL, I don't fault him for leaving his team high and dry. 

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I dunno. I like Doubs a lot too but I can't see him beating out Watson for the #2 (in targets) role.

I'd really like to have five to six guys catch between 50 - 60 balls. Watson, Doubs, Reed, Musgrave, Jones and Deguara. 

IF that happens the offense is really clicking on all cylinders and the defense doesn't know who to take away. They have to cover every inch of grass. 

11 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Yeah, but I guess that stuff still doesn't bother me.

If I were to compare this to my own life: I was an civil engineering student. I hated most of my classes and generally screwed off through the ones I didn't care for. I put together a resume that had an internship, i had good grades in my soil mechanics classes. 

Should my employer care about me mailing it in my senior year? No, they just hired me to do things I'd already shown I could do. If JSN things he's done enough to prove he can play in the NFL, I don't fault him for leaving his team high and dry. 

You don't play a team sport where 80 other students are depending on you to show up. Big difference. 

Also, you bailing on schoolwork hardly reflects you may bail on your actual job. On the other hand, a guy bailing on his 80 teammates trying to win a championship that would be forever remembered, does possibly show evidence they could do that in their professional career. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

Nijman can earn the most money of any packer not named love this season

Come on now.  He is a capable swing tackle and that's about it.  Really shouldn't be a preferred starter he's not good enough.  Don't get me wrong he still has value but he's not going to get paid like a top tier OT.