80 members have voted

1. 1. Grade our draft

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

F for taking Sean Clifford.

But for real, a B. It was pretty good. I certainly don't give a **** about the kicker, they obviously see something they think they can tweak to turn him into something.

It's kinda hard to really complain about anything else too much.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

But for real, a B. It was pretty good. I certainly don't give a **** about the kicker, they obviously see something they think they can tweak to turn him into something.

Carlson was pretty darn good before he tore his ACL in 2021 and missed most of the year. Last year was his first year back from the injury. He'd had a pretty big leg, I think he may turn out fine. If not, cut him and find someone else. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

Pretty much my thoughts.

I know some will be disappointed that we didn't add anything to the offensive line, but as Gutey touched on this in the post-draft press conference, he felt anyone they could have added late would not have been an upgrade over who we already have.

I'm excited to see what the pass catchers add to this offense!

I really enjoyed attacking the skill positions in the later rounds and taking a number of different body types at WR to play around with. 

For the first time since Bulaga & Finley they actually drafted my favorite player in the draft which is pretty fun in Musgrave. Not a fan of LVN but I can understand why they drafted him even if I wouldn't have done it. I also like the DL depth selections. There is ALOT of picks in this draft who have extremely high upside which is always a great gamble. Could be a 2009 type of springboard of a draft IMO especially if LVN, One of Kraft/Musgrave work out, and one of the WRs/DL end up being pretty good. 

Overall pretty good=B. 

Only early pick I wasn't real happy with is Musgrave.  Hope I am wrong, but he looks soft from what I watched.  Great size but doesn't offer much toughness either blocking or in Rac.  I was hoping LaPorta would land there.

Don't really care about the QB or Kicker.  Don't think this was an overly deep draft and they needed camp bodies at both positions.

Edited by hitnhope

Seemed like a pretty strong draft overall.  I think Gute had the right philosophy to go with the premium pass rusher first and wait on weapons.  Getting Musgrave, Reed, Kraft, and Wicks should help fill the cupboards.  Did a nice job getting some bargain lineman on the final day.  Anthony Johnson Jr might be an interesting pick. 

I thought we would go safety much earlier (3rd or 4th), but it was a terrible class.  Going in I thought we'd go with an Olineman in the first four rounds, but I'm not sure it was overly necessary. We are pretty deep overall.  Wasn't a huge fan of the Clifford pick or super tall kicker, but we shall see.  Clifford must have really intrigued them with intangibles.  

All told it's a solid B that could go higher..

• Like 2

Overall probably an initial B-

Van Ness has the ability to grow in a limited role.  I am very intrigued by Karl Brooks, and he has an opportunity to log some PT as our DL was really only three deep.  The WRs will all have a chance to make the roster, and play.  And the TEs will get in almost by default.  The rest of the class will have roles as back-ups, I believe.  And the kicker will be competing for the starting job.  

I don't really care for some of the players, but I get the idea of the whole class.

I think that the safety class was not good, and also dried up pretty quickly.  I also think that we are pretty set at the OL, both with developmental and starting players, so there was no real need to force the issue there.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

I love the emphasis on the front 7, and especially the added focus on IDL pass rush.  Versatile guys that can play multiple spots and also disguise pressure packages.  No more guys who are just space eaters unless it’s a short yardage situation 

• Like 2