> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

16 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Kamren Kinchens running a 4.65 is kinda disappointing. Thought he would at least be in the 4.5 range.

Kam Chancellor ran a 4.69.  With Kinchens size, and he plays fast, not worried about that time.

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Kam Chancellor ran a 4.69.  With Kinchens size, and he plays fast, not worried about that time.

40x is the most overrated statistic in sports. 

Never understood the obsession over it. Run these drills specifically the 40 "in pads" and put up these times then I'll be impressed.

This isn't the current Pro Bowl format, we're  not playing 7-7 flag football. So running a 4.3 in underwear means very little to me. Sorry.

If Kitchens "on the field" in pads is that fast, that's all that matters. On tape he looks plenty fast to me. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

40x is the most overrated statistic in sports. 

Never understood the obsession over it. Run these drills specifically the 40 "in pads" and put up these times then I'll be impressed.

This isn't the current Pro Bowl format, we're  not playing 7-7 flag football. So running a 4.3 in underwear means very little to me. Sorry.

If Kitchens "on the field" in pads is that fast, that's all that matters. On tape he looks plenty fast to me. 🤷‍♂️

I'm in agreement with this. Dude can ball. But hey if that means he slips and we can snag him at the bottom of the 3rd then I'm all for that.  Assuming we didn't draft one by then. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm in agreement with this. Dude can ball. But hey if that means he slips and we can snag him at the bottom of the 3rd then I'm all for that.  Assuming we didn't draft one by then. 

He's not making anywhere close to pick 50 IMO. If he did, I'd hope Howie pounced and took him.

21 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He's not making anywhere close to pick 50 IMO. If he did, I'd hope Howie pounced and took him.

Hard to say where he'll go. Depends on how the league values his 40 time. I think the league as a whole will let these guys fall. Nubin will be the first one gone IMO in the 2nd before we pick. We're gonna have guys there for us at 50 though in Bullard, Bullock, Bishop, Brade, Hicks. And I think Kinchens will be there too honestly.

4 hours ago, downundermike said:
21 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Kamren Kinchens running a 4.65 is kinda disappointing. Thought he would at least be in the 4.5 range.

Are you confusing Kinchens for his teammate James Williams who is 231 lbs (same as Chancellor)?

Kinchens only weighed in at 203 lbs.

I agree he plays faster than what he tested at, but that is a bad time and should affect his stock some.

He also had a 9'2" broad jump which is absolutely terrible.

I've been targetting Kinchens in a lot of my mocks at our 3rd round pick and maybe he could still go 3rd round, but I think he isn't going top 40-60 anymore like where some had him going.

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:
6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm 99% sure that Kinchens will be at both of our 2nd round selections.

Hope you're correct. 

I'm pretty sure I will be and I highly doubt we take him at either spot even if he was.

Howie/Eagles value athleticism very highly.

Edit: Here is Kinchens

Eagles haven't drafted anyone below a 5.66 RAS (Tarron Jackson in the 6th round) in the past 4 years.

So, yeah... just telling you not to get your hopes up.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

I think we're going to land a quality starter at safety in free agency, so I'm not sure how high we'll draft a safety. If we have McKinney-Blankenship-Brown idk how pressing a need the Eagles will find it. I'd be cool with taking another guy but I don't think the Eagles will if they add a significant name in FA. Really depends on who they sign.

19 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think we're going to land a quality starter at safety in free agency, so I'm not sure how high we'll draft a safety. If we have McKinney-Blankenship-Brown idk how pressing a need the Eagles will find it. I'd be cool with taking another guy but I don't think the Eagles will if they add a significant name in FA. Really depends on who they sign.

I don't know if its cause the last game (maybe his most impressive of the year?) of the season where McKinney picked off Hurts twice is sticking in my head, but I want him bad. Seems like the perfect fit role wise, age wise, relationship with Hurts, etc. He's gonna get paid a good amount, but I don't think its gonna be a number we can't do. Spotrac has his market value at 5 years / 52.4 million (10.4 million per year). PFF has him down for 4 years / 54 million (13.5 average). I'd probably guess he goes for closer to PFF's #, especially with how much the cap rose this year. Might seem like a lot, but Marcus Williams who we made a similar offer to Baltimore 2 years ago went for 5 years / 70 million (14 average). 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't know if its cause the last game (maybe his most impressive of the year?) of the season where McKinney picked off Hurts twice is sticking in my head, but I want him bad. Seems like the perfect fit role wise, age wise, relationship with Hurts, etc. He's gonna get paid a good amount, but I don't think its gonna be a number we can't do. Spotrac has his market value at 5 years / 52.4 million (10.4 million per year). PFF has him down for 4 years / 54 million (13.5 average). I'd probably guess he goes for closer to PFF's #, especially with how much the cap rose this year.

Yeah I think him and Kurl are my top guys, outside of Winfield of course. If we come away with one of those elite guys, I'm fine with kicking safety down the want-list. Maybe throw one of our 5ths at it. If we sign a guy like Stone, Elliot, Blackmon, Whitehead, CGJ, Gilman, Savage then I'd like to take a guy day 2, early day 3. Jordan Fuller might be my #3 guy I'd choose. I'd probably still hope to draft another pretty early even with him though. Chinn and Dugger I'll be honest I'm not real interested in the S/LB hybrid type. We need a coverage guy back there. And coverage is neither of those guys calling cards.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah I think him and Kurl are my top guys, outside of Winfield of course.

I just can't imagine Winfield being available and if he does hit the market then I think someone outbids us for him. I'd absolutely love him in midnight green though.

Curl's skillset isn't as much that deep safety type to me as McKinney is. Not that he can't play on the roof and in the box, but I think he's better up in the box. Not saying I don't want him, but Xavier might be the better fit alongside Reed and/or Sydney. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I just can't imagine Winfield being available and if he does hit the market then I think someone outbids us for him. I'd absolutely love him in midnight green though.

Curl's skillset isn't as much that deep safety type to me as McKinney is. Not that he can't play on the roof and in the box, but I think he's better up in the box. Not saying I don't want him, but Xavier might be the better fit alongside Reed and/or Sydney. 

I think that Curl is one of those guys who can do a lot for you and be that interchangeable kinda guy which is nice for disguise. Which mckinney can for sure be too. With Brown being more of the enforcer type, I do feel like a rooftop guy would fit better. Guys like Savage, Elliott, Stone, Whitehead, CGJ and Fuller would all fit really well with Brown and Blankenship and complement them. Blankenship is pretty solid all around.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Are you confusing Kinchens for his teammate James Williams who is 231 lbs (same as Chancellor)?

Kinchens only weighed in at 203 lbs.

I agree he plays faster than what he tested at, but that is a bad time and should affect his stock some.

He also had a 9'2" broad jump which is absolutely terrible.

I've been targetting Kinchens in a lot of my mocks at our 3rd round pick and maybe he could still go 3rd round, but I think he isn't going top 40-60 anymore like where some had him going.

No, just pointing out 40 time for a big safety means nothing.