> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

I just want Quinyon or Terrion, DeJean would be an acceptable consolation prize.

I just don't see the Eagles trading up for a corner.  If either fell they would absolutely run to the podium, but I have a sneaking suspicion Fautanu makes it into the mid-late teens and they trade up for him.

3 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I just don't see the Eagles trading up for a corner.  If either fell they would absolutely run to the podium, but I have a sneaking suspicion Fautanu makes it into the mid-late teens and they trade up for him.

If the Eagles trade up for an OL this board is going to have a meltdown. Especially one from the state of Washington. I am here for it. 🤣

• Like 2

Say something like:

Eagles trade 22+50+161

For

Seahawks 16+81

#16 Troy Fautanu

Trade # 53

To Houston

For #59+123+188

#59 Marshawn Kneeland

#81 Andru Phillips

#120 Ainias Smith

#123 Zac Zinter

Trevin Wallace with one of the later picks.  Something along those lines, but you get the idea.  Taking Fautanu creates a domino effect of moves if they move up for him.

2 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Say something like:

Eagles trade 22+50+161

For

Seahawks 16+81

#16 Troy Fautanu

Trade # 53

To Houston

For #59+123+188

#59 Marshawn Kneeland

#81 Andru Phillips

#120 Ainias Smith

#123 Zac Zinter

Trevin Wallace with one of the later picks.  Something along those lines, but you get the idea.  Taking Fautanu creates a domino effect of moves if they move up for him.

Really not a fan of this.

Kneeland is JAG to me. I like Fautanu, at 22. Generally speaking I'm not a huge fan of the "play guard then go to tackle a couple seasons."

Have we ever seen that work out? Specifically playing on the inside and THEN trying to go to the outside? The Guard/Tackle transition feels like it's a 1 way street IMO. 

19 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

History would suggest you're correct, but it'd still be the best move IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Really not a fan of this.

Kneeland is JAG to me. I like Fautanu, at 22. Generally speaking I'm not a huge fan of the "play guard then go to tackle a couple seasons."

Have we ever seen that work out? Specifically playing on the inside and THEN trying to go to the outside? The Guard/Tackle transition feels like it's a 1 way street IMO. 

It's not my favorite scenario, but a very plausible one.  If Stoutland wants him as badly as some of the beat writers have been implying and Lane gives his stamp of approval he's going to be an Eagle.  

The reason it usually never works is because that guy doesn't have the traits that would allow them to be an above average tackle in the NFL.  Fautanu is a bit of a different case because he is so technically sound and athletic that he could probably take over for Lane from day 1.  The downside though is what is his ceiling? He's on the smaller side and very polished already which is great if you need a day 1 starter, but you can't teach size and length like Mailata for instance or Alt in this class.

I'd rather take DeJean at 22, hope Cooper or Wilson fall to 50, trade down from 53 to add an extra late day 2 or early day 3 pick, and then clean up at positions of strength in the draft like G and WR.  Then take fliers on athletically gifted developmental guys like Trevin Wallace and Travis Glover late and maybe double down at guard and sneak Zac Zinter in there if you can.

For me, the ideal situation would be DeJean, Arnold, or Quinyon somehow fall to 22 and take them.

50 - Edgerin Cooper
53 - Rickie Pearsall (I've sailed the ship on Ladd McConkey being there at 50 lol)

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

For me, the ideal situation would be DeJean, Arnold, or Quinyon somehow fall to 22 and take them.

50 - Edgerin Cooper
53 - Rickie Pearsall (I've sailed the ship on Ladd McConkey being there at 50 lol)

Would you rather have Payton Wilson but assuming he'll be gone by 50?

1 minute ago, Danger said:

History would suggest you're correct, but it'd still be the best move IMO. 

I could see the Eagles trading up for Terrion. I seriously doubt that they would trade up for Quinyon. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility they trade up for a CB though.

24 minutes ago, Danger said:

50 - Edgerin Cooper

There are a lot or receivers I like.

For what the Eagles need (slot) I feel like they could wait until after 53 for Washington, Thrash or Cowing, even tradine up 10 spots or so for one.

32 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Would you rather have Payton Wilson but assuming he'll be gone by 50?

Cooper > Wilson, but I'll take either of them in the 2nd.

10 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

There are a lot or receivers I like.

For what the Eagles need (slot) I feel like they could wait until after 53 for Washington, Thrash or Cowing, even tradine up 10 spots or so for one.

None of those 3 is worth a day 2 pick if you ask me. But to each their own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I could see the Eagles trading up for Terrion. I seriously doubt that they would trade up for Quinyon. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility they trade up for a CB though.

Terrion definitely fits the current version of Howie the most. He’s always valued CB highly, now he’s on a SEC/Proven track record streak of guys.

Corner is kinda an all or nothing position. Sharp drop off of guys that are both physically/mentally capable of it and have shown it (in a way that should translate). They bust so much, if you miss out on a top guy you’re kinda better off waiting to round 2 and taking one of those guys (Tampa, Melton).

Arnold is the only guy at corner Howie makes that move for and doesn’t blink at all.

Though honestly looking at it now, we might see him move up pre-draft again to the early teens, like 12 or 13. Basically guaranteed to get one of Dallas Turner, Jared Verse, Terrion Arnold, Brock Bowers, Olu Fashanu / Taliese Fuaga at OT or Quinyon if he’s just that high on him too. 

If Denver and the Raiders can’t move up for a QB, could see them wanting to drop back.

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Though honestly looking at it now, we might see him move up pre-draft again to the early teens, like 12 or 13. Basically guaranteed to get one of Dallas Turner, Jared Verse, Terrion Arnold, Brock Bowers, Olu Fashanu / Taliese Fuaga at OT or Quinyon if he’s just that high on him too. 

If Denver and the Raiders can’t move up for a QB, could see them wanting to drop back.

I don't see Howie making that big of a move.  16 seems like about the sweet spot.  12 would cost the Eagles either likely their 1st next year or pick 50 and a future day 2 pick to move that high.