> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

Goedert was a top 5 TE in 2020 and 2021 despite having to sit behind Zach.

The last couple years he's dipped a bit IMO. But frankly last year I have to blame on the offensive system in large part. Biggest issue I have with Goedert is his questionable hands at times. Great blocker, good YAC.

12 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Goedert is not a top 5 TE even when healthy...
22 TDS in 6 Years....
Above 750 Yards - Once....

Since being Traded....Ertz has more TDs then Goedert...

Godert Last 2 Season. 
Last season for TE's - Tied 18th in TDs / 14th in Yards / 13th in REC / 14th in Targets
Season Prior - Tied 19th in TDs / 7th in Yards / 12 in Rec / 14th in Targets

Goederts season last year his targets where almost a career high, off by like 4, And his #'s were really bad comparably. 

Now If Mitchell is Gone....and Bowers is sitting at 16-18....I'd def do the trade up...However I am not going into the draft w/ a focus on drafting him...

Goedert is absolutely a top 5 TE when healthy last year excluded bc dip**** 1 and dip**** 2 couldn't figure out how to utilize him in the gameplan.

2 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Goedert is absolutely a top 5 TE when healthy last year excluded bc dip**** 1 and dip**** 2 couldn't figure out how to utilize him in the gameplan.

Hurts also just flat out missed Goedert running wide open several times too while he was tunnel visioning AJ. At least 3 or 4 games where Goedert goes for a huge TD if Hurts just looks his direction, but Jalen never even glanced at him.

Edited by Jeezla

You also don't trade up for a luxury pick at a position of low positional value when you have greater needs.  I wouldn't hate it if for some reason Bowers fell to 22, but I'm certainly not spending additional draft capital for someone that might see the field 50% of the time and at best be the 3rd or 4th target on any given play.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Hurts also just flat out missed Goedert running wide open several times too while he was tunnel visioning AJ. At least 3 or 4 games where Goedert goes for a huge TD if Hurts just looks his direction, but Jalen never even glanced at him.

Well I was referring to Hurts as well haha.

17 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

If both seasons were identical and one was with Steichen who everyone loved and the other was with the crap OC of last year. The issue is Goedert...

Goedert is moreso name than actual stats. 

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

Goedert was a top 5 TE in 2020 and 2021 despite having to sit behind Zach.

The last couple years he's dipped a bit IMO. But frankly last year I have to blame on the offensive system in large part. Biggest issue I have with Goedert is his questionable hands at times. Great blocker, good YAC.

Yes he split w/ Ertz and was decent, but he wasn't top 5 then either statistically. Also at that time we had 0 WRs it was only Ertz/Goedert...

Since Ertz Left and Goedert has been the starter...Goedert has not been a top 5 or even top 8 TE. Sheesh hes been barely top 10. 

I think we move on from him by next season trade deadline or end of season...

7 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

If both seasons were identical and one was with Steichen who everyone loved and the other was with the crap OC of last year. The issue is Goedert...

You definitely seem to tunnel vision on the stats and seem like the box score fiend to me. Jalen Hurts doesn't suck because he only threw for 23 TD last year. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Goedert is not a top 5 TE even when healthy...
22 TDS in 6 Years....
Above 750 Yards - Once....

Since being Traded....Ertz has more TDs then Goedert...

Godert Last 2 Season. 
Last season for TE's - Tied 18th in TDs / 14th in Yards / 13th in REC / 14th in Targets
Season Prior - Tied 19th in TDs / 7th in Yards / 12 in Rec / 14th in Targets

Goederts season last year his targets where almost a career high, off by like 4, And his #'s were really bad comparably. 

Now If Mitchell is Gone....and Bowers is sitting at 16-18....I'd def do the trade up...However I am not going into the draft w/ a focus on drafting him...

I agree with everything except the last paragraph. 

• Like 1

I would also take a look at a possible Goedert for Pitts trade.

Give Goedert and a pick swap Pitts and then resign and boom. Pitts is still only 23. and is from Philly. Would be a lateral move untill Pitts shows us what he can do w/ a real QB. 

Or wait to see if PItts does hit FA next year...

I would prefer Pitts over trading up for Bowers however...

18 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

You do realize Goedert has never ranked higher than 14th among TE's in targets right? Which shouldn't come as a shock when he started his career playing behind Ertz, we have 2 #1 WR's that eat targets, and a QB that they utilize like a goalline back.  What Goedert is is efficient.  In terms of efficiency rankings he's consistently been among the top 5 TE's in the league.  Save for last year he usually makes the most of the targets he does get.  His health is a major red flag and has to be considered when it comes to giving him a 3rd contract, but yeah I'm not getting this Goedert hate.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I would also take a look at a possible Goedert for Pitts trade.

Give Goedert and a pick swap Pitts and then resign and boom. Pitts is still only 23. and is from Philly. Would be a lateral move untill Pitts shows us what he can do w/ a real QB. 

Or wait to see if PItts does hit FA next year...

I would prefer Pitts over trading up for Bowers however...

Why would either team do that deal?  Like no way would I want to downgrade from Goedert to Pitts and I don't think Atlanta would want to give up on Pitts now that they have a QB.

7 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

You do realize Goedert has never ranked higher than 14th among TE's in targets right? Which shouldn't come as a shock when he started his career playing behind Ertz, we have 2 #1 WR's that eat targets, and a QB that they utilize like a goalline back.  What Goedert is is efficient.  In terms of efficiency rankings he's consistently been among the top 5 TE's in the league.  Save for last year he usually makes the most of the targets he does get.  His health is a major red flag and has to be considered when it comes to giving him a 3rd contract, but yeah I'm not getting this Goedert hate.

I don't think not considering him top 5 or not as good as Ertz would qualify as hate. 

3 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Why would either team do that deal?  Like no way would I want to downgrade from Goedert to Pitts and I don't think Atlanta would want to give up on Pitts now that they have a QB.

Because Atlanta has a lot of contracts coming up. and Pitts is gonna want more then what ATL is prolly going to be able to offer. 

24 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't think not considering him top 5 or not as good as Ertz would qualify as hate. 

Considering him not top 10 certainly qualifies.  We're talking about him like he's some also ran that is easily replaceable.