2024 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

If Nate Wiggins wasnt 175 pounds he would easily be a top 10 pick.  He ran a 4.29 at the combine.  I'm not sure how I feel about taking a CB with such a small frame.  We tried it with Kevin Johnson and it failed.

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Cade Stover  ran a 4.65 in the 40. IDK what the relationship was between him and CJ, but He could be a target maybe in the 3rd round. Thats not mind blowing speed, but speed was one of his biggest knocks going into the combine and that is good enough. 

Tip Reiman is the guy I want in the 4th rd.

Great blocker, underrated receiver.

• Like 1

These receivers are flying, there will be plenty of talent around on day 2 but I think there will be a run of them at the top of the 2nd round. 

McConkey looked good and ran great, 

Polk looked good

Mitchell ran well, but didn’t look good in drills.

Pearsall looks good

Roman Wilson was compared Jayden Reed of the packers, a player I really liked.

And Worthy might have just broke the combine record for the 40

Edited by ObotimusPrime

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

Xavier Worthy official 40 time is 4.21, holy cow!

If he was over 170 he'd be top 20. But that frame is going to get him to drop. Highly productive though...

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Has anyone ever dropped off the map on the level of Spencer rattler? Dude was at one point touted as the number 1 pick. 

QBs who produced big during the Covid season all had similar drops - Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Mac Jones, DJ Uialeuiegi all come to mind.

I wouldn't be mad at it and it's not because of the 4.2 40. I watched a ton of Worthy games and he actually plays to his time. You'd get 2 players in one. A PR and WR. You also get the explosive plays you wanted out of WR. Also wouldn't have to spend on Mike Evans.

You'd have to resign Greenard & possibly Nelson. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blaze said:

I wouldn't be mad at it and it's not because of the 4.2 40. I watched a ton of Worthy games and he actually plays to his time. You'd get 2 players in one. A PR and WR. You also get the explosive plays you wanted out of WR. Also wouldn't have to spend on Mike Evans.

I’ll pass. Idk about tempting fate with two super skinny small guys. I’ve already got concerns that Dell will be a walking injury report in his career because of his small frame and worthy has more weight concerns than Dell. 

I’ll tell you a name that has helped their draft stock 

Quinyon Mitchell

when you run a 4.33 40 and then put up 20 reps on the bench, that’s impressive for a corner. 6ft 195, that’s good size. 

he came in 17th on the big board and now he’s pushing Wiggins for the top CB spot, especially after he weighed in at 173. 

give me 4.33 at 195 over 4.28 at 173 all day long. 

Mitchell with a 38 inch vertical to Wiggins 36. 

the tape on Wiggins is better so he might still have the edge but it’s closer now. 

I wouldn’t let Mitchell past 23, but I doubt he falls past 20 

Edited by Pastor Dillon
  • Like 1

Unpo

11 hours ago, Blaze said:

Unpopular opinion but I think Adonai Mitchell ends up being the better WR of the two.  I definitely didnt think he would run that fast at the combine.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Unpo

Unpopular opinion but I think Adonai Mitchell ends up being the better WR of the two.  I definitely didnt think he would run that fast at the combine.

You follow me on Twitter and I've said that numerous times. 🫱🏾🫲🏽.

AD has the makings of a star who was actually held back by Ewers. Ewers often had 1 read and it was to Worthy, whom he had a 2yr connection with. When Ewers got hurt, you began to see who AD was. I will say, AD doesn't play up to his 4.3 speed. Plays more like a 4.5 but he catches everything and comes down with most jump balls. Great red zone target. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blaze said:

You follow me on Twitter and I've said that numerous times. 🫱🏾🫲🏽.

AD has the makings of a star who was actually held back by Ewers. Ewers often had 1 read and it was to Worthy, whom he had a 2yr connection with. When Ewers got hurt, you began to see who AD was. I will say, AD doesn't play up to his 4.3 speed. Plays more like a 4.5 but he catches everything and comes down with most jump balls. Great red zone target. 

Mitchell came in a bit shorter than I thought (I was hoping 6' 4") but a bit heavier (I had him at 190, not 205) so he's really got a frame you can work with at this level. I had an earlier comp of AJ Green, just a great tactician with his routes and a highpoint guy who gets the jump bal routinely. 

I think he'll definitely be a better pro than collegiate player - if Buffalo or KC ends up with him, he'll be in the All Pro discussion faster than just about any WR in this draft not named Marvin Harrison Jr or Malik Nabers.