2024 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Ugh - that would mean Cleveland won the SB. We traded away our own pick.

Valid.

I hope we're pick #32 and the Cardinals are stuck with it 😉

(Anything from 16 and above would be an achievement)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, UKTexans said:

Valid.

I hope we're pick #32 and the Cardinals are stuck with it 😉

(Anything from 16 and above would be an achievement)

Word.

Great to have you back, sir! Hope all is well.

• Like 1

The big talk is that we mortgaged our future to draft Anderson. That’s laughable

we still ended up with a 2nd round pick this year 

next year we still have picks in every round. 

we gave up a lot but it’s because we had a lot to give. We are still in good shape for the next draft 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The big talk is that we mortgaged our future to draft Anderson. That’s laughable

we still ended up with a 2nd round pick this year 

next year we still have picks in every round. 

we gave up a lot but it’s because we had a lot to give. We are still in good shape for the next draft 

I think the belief is that the Texans gave away a top 3-5 pick - which I think is equally laughable, given the roster and coaching changes. 

Texans aren’t going to make a big playoff push or fight for HFA, but they’ll win 6-8 games this season. That pick given up will be in the teens (maybe even a pick before or after the Cleveland pick).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I think the belief is that the Texans gave away a top 3-5 pick - which I think is equally laughable, given the roster and coaching changes. 

Texans aren’t going to make a big playoff push or fight for HFA, but they’ll win 6-8 games this season. That pick given up will be in the teens (maybe even a pick before or after the Cleveland pick).

For me the real question is whether or not our pick and the browns pick are close together. If the Browns pick is 25 and our pick is 8, then I will feel differently about this. If we both pick in the 12-18 range, It wont be that big of a deal. 

I really dont think we will be better than the browns next year, but we could be. A lot of this is about Stroud. I am very high on him, if he is a 10-15 year starter for us, then I don't mind this trade at all. 

I know we traded up for Anderson, but the truth is that we traded up for Stroud. Thats not being talked about as much, but its the reality. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I know we traded up for Anderson, but the truth is that we traded up for Stroud. Thats not being talked about as much, but its the reality. 

I know that its kind of a nit picky thing at this point but I dont think you can look at this as a trade for a single player. It was a two player trade ultimately imo.  We wanted these two guys and we could have paid more for them depending on what player we took at 2. I know people want to say it was just a trade for Will Anderson and he wasnt worth that much, but we identified and made moves to ensure we got both our guys and at the cheapest price available. to me thats moderately impressive (compared to the previous GM at least)

Edited by tab
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tab said:

how high do you think Marvin Harrison Jr goes next year? asking for a friend 

I mean... this time last year, Jaxon Smith-Njigba was considered a top 5 pick, and he just went in the 20s. So let's hope for a nagging hamstring injury - because if not, Harrison is probably top 3. 

If the Cleveland pick doesn't give us a chance, look to the other side of that OSU offense; Emeka Egbuka isn't the same caliber of target that Harrison is, but very similar to Chris Olave or Garrett Wilson. Brian Hartline is taking that stable of 4/5 star guys and turning them into complete WRs who are pro ready, and Egbuka is one of those guys. (I'm also expecting WR Julian Fleming from OSU to finally live up to the billing he had as the top recruit in the nation - might not be a top guy like Harrison Jr or Egbuka, but still a reliable guy to learn on).

Outside of that, this upcoming class has a lot more potential at the WR spot. Xavier Worthy out of UT (a speedster who draws comparison to DeSean Jackson) Johnny Wilson out of FSU (a 6'7" 234lb monster who moves) Malik Nabers out of LSU, Rome Odunze out of Washington, Oronde Gadsden II out of Syracuse (another son of a former NFL WR) and - even though he's listed as a TE - Brock Bowers out of Georgia (only player comp that makes sense for him is AJ Brown, that's who he looks and plays like).

WR for Stroud is the primary need, and the chances of getting him are dependant on whether or not the Browns do well - but that doesn't mean there aren't guys at the position to consider. Most of the guys I listed will probably fall out of their 1st round consideration, but that doesn't change much - it's a much more talented class with a legit headliner in Harrison.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I mean... this time last year, Jaxon Smith-Njigba was considered a top 5 pick, and he just went in the 20s. So let's hope for a nagging hamstring injury - because if not, Harrison is probably top 3. 

If the Cleveland pick doesn't give us a chance, look to the other side of that OSU offense; Emeka Egbuka isn't the same caliber of target that Harrison is, but very similar to Chris Olave or Garrett Wilson. Brian Hartline is taking that stable of 4/5 star guys and turning them into complete WRs who are pro ready, and Egbuka is one of those guys. (I'm also expecting WR Julian Fleming from OSU to finally live up to the billing he had as the top recruit in the nation - might not be a top guy like Harrison Jr or Egbuka, but still a reliable guy to learn on).

Outside of that, this upcoming class has a lot more potential at the WR spot. Xavier Worthy out of UT (a speedster who draws comparison to DeSean Jackson) Johnny Wilson out of FSU (a 6'7" 234lb monster who moves) Malik Nabers out of LSU, Rome Odunze out of Washington, Oronde Gadsden II out of Syracuse (another son of a former NFL WR) and - even though he's listed as a TE - Brock Bowers out of Georgia (only player comp that makes sense for him is AJ Brown, that's who he looks and plays like).

WR for Stroud is the primary need, and the chances of getting him are dependant on whether or not the Browns do well - but that doesn't mean there aren't guys at the position to consider. Most of the guys I listed will probably fall out of their 1st round consideration, but that doesn't change much - it's a much more talented class with a legit headliner in Harrison.

Man, your teams draft opportunities this year and next is downright sic. Nice job on getting Anderson. Screw everyone to who say it cost too much. Dude is a force. 

On the subject....I hope the Colts start AR...go 3-14 similar to what Peyton did rookie year....get Starvin Marvin the II....and then ride the league like a rented mule.

Hey....a guy can dream...right?

• Like 1