2024 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

Travis Hunter is playing WR AND CB for Colorado? Wow, Deion is really trying to turn him into Deion… Prime is still the gold standard at CB, but Hunter might be a better WR.

This is worth following. Hunter was a top 20/Five Star athlete coming out, and he’s playing like a true two way star.

It’s like Deon is trying to rig the heisman 

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

I know we won’t need one, but the 2025 QB class is looking damn good. Allar, Weigman, Klubnik. 

Plus Harold Perkins on the edge. 

btw, the LSU DC should be fired for the criminal misuse of him last night vs FSU

I’m a big aggie homer but I’m not sold on Weigman just yet. He threw a ton of terrible passes that went for TDs the other night. Threw some beautiful ones too though. I’m 50/50 on him right now 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m a big aggie homer but I’m not sold on Weigman just yet. He threw a ton of terrible passes that went for TDs the other night. Threw some beautiful ones too though. I’m 50/50 on him right now 

He’s still inexperienced, but you can’t teach the arm talent and he’s very athletic 

On 9/4/2023 at 8:41 AM, lumberjackchris said:

I know we won’t need one, but the 2025 QB class is looking damn good. Allar, Weigman, Klubnik. 

Plus Harold Perkins on the edge. 

btw, the LSU DC should be fired for the criminal misuse of him last night vs FSU

I'm not sold on Klubnik yet.  

Marvin Harrison Jr, Brock Bowers, Keon Coleman, Johnny Wilson, Emeka Egbuka, Rome Odunze, Jalen McMillan, Julian Fleming…

There is absolutely no reason why CJ Stroud shouldn’t get an alpha 1 WR (or TE) next season. Only reason one of these players shouldn’t be on the board when we pick is if Cleveland wins the SB.

I had been watching Wilson since last season (simply because a 6’ 7” 237lb WR is a mutant worth watching) but the 6’ 4” 210lb Coleman might be a guy you think is on a similar tier that Harrison Jr is on… amazing size and wingspan with “cover 3 buster” speed. That’s a find, don’t overthink it just because his dad ain’t in the HoF…

Even if Dell, Hutchinson and Metchie turn out to be really good, you crown that group with a monster from this class and let Stroud whip it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Marvin Harrison Jr, Brock Bowers, Keon Coleman, Johnny Wilson, Emeka Egbuka, Rome Odunze, Jalen McMillan, Julian Fleming…

There is absolutely no reason why CJ Stroud shouldn’t get an alpha 1 WR (or TE) next season. Only reason one of these players shouldn’t be on the board when we pick is if Cleveland wins the SB.

I had been watching Wilson since last season (simply because a 6’ 7” 237lb WR is a mutant worth watching) but the 6’ 4” 210lb Coleman might be a guy you think is on a similar tier that Harrison Jr is on… amazing size and wingspan with “cover 3 buster” speed. That’s a find, don’t overthink it just because his dad ain’t in the HoF…

Even if Dell, Hutchinson and Metchie turn out to be really good, you crown that group with a monster from this class and let Stroud whip it. 

I was really hoping Wilson would've come out this year.  I think he could've been snagged in 4th or 5th.  Now he's playing like a 1st / 2nd round prospect. Always had the tools.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I was really hoping Wilson would've come out this year.  I think he could've been snagged in 4th or 5th.  Now he's playing like a 1st / 2nd round prospect. Always had the tools.

The one thing this class has that the last few classes didn't have - size. Quentin Johnston was the only size guy in the last draft (JSN too, I guess) and he's tiny compared to the rest of this class. 

I think that's what I like most about this class, there are a few giants on the perimeter here. We got plenty of slot-type WRs, Stroud needs that big body presence somewhere. Maybe Nico turns into that guy, but... oof, I dunno if he's THAT guy, he could develop into a good #2, however.

22 hours ago, ET80 said:

The one thing this class has that the last few classes didn't have - size. Quentin Johnston was the only size guy in the last draft (JSN too, I guess) and he's tiny compared to the rest of this class. 

I think that's what I like most about this class, there are a few giants on the perimeter here. We got plenty of slot-type WRs, Stroud needs that big body presence somewhere. Maybe Nico turns into that guy, but... oof, I dunno if he's THAT guy, he could develop into a good #2, however.

Nico has to be that guy....hes the only one on the roster that can be a 1,000 yard receiver....He's also the only guy from that 2021 draft class that is starting this year. 

Which is not good because Greenard is the only guy from the 2020 draft class still on the roster

Howard is the only guy from 2019

And there is not a single guy from 2018 or further back

2022 is still too early to judge but of our 9 guys drafted only 6 are still with us this year. Metchie and Green are both basically washes this year, Pierce, Harris, Pitre, and Stingley are all starters, so we will see what happens with them. 4 long term starters per draft class is a good group, but 3 from the previous 3 draft classes puts us in the hole big time. 

So i said all that to say this: We can't get locked into need in the 2024 draft class. We have to draft guy who will become starters long term, so its gonna have to be a BPA approach, we've blown the luxury of reaching for positions of need. 

On 9/4/2023 at 10:38 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

Yep, he’s not the dude. I’ll be shocked if he’s the starting QB in the final game of the season. 

On 9/5/2023 at 10:13 AM, ET80 said:

Might wanna add Adonai Mitchell and Xavier Worthy to this list. I get DeSean Jackson vibes from Worthy…