2024 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

So - a topic I've been hearing lately is a need at RB. Yes, we know Dameon Pierce is here and we all love his attitude and his running style.

This being said, there's a belief by many who follow the team that he's simply not a good fit for the offense; Our blocking schemes and run philosophy is heavily based on a ZBS "one cut and go" look we're familiar with during the Gary Kubiak days (back when Kyle Shanahan himself was on this staff). Pierce is a RB that runs to a hole with bad intentions, not the type of player who goes "one cut and go". Pierce has value as a change of pace power back in this system, but as an every down bellcow? Notsomuch.

Given this - does anyone have any specific RB in the college ranks that fits a ZBS?

Which is weird, because he looked like he could last season. I need to go back and watch some All22, but honestly I don't see the run lanes opening up like they should be in the ZBS. Which is the scheme I played/coached in for the last 15 years. 

• Like 1