2024 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

33 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

LMAO, Watson out for the rest of the season after undergoing surgery on a broken bone in his shoulder 

We could benefit from this. We are battling with them for a wild card spot and perhaps this makes them worse. Plus we have their pick. But they could be just fine without him. 

Evaluating our current roster, we aren’t just loaded down with needs going into the draft. We have lots of in house talent that could get better

QB is very solid with Stroud/Mills

RB- we need better fit 

WR - Nico, Dell, Metchie, Hutchinson are all young guys. We need to add 1 more to this group but the group has lots of internal growth potential. 

TE - Schultz has been good but he’s not worth a big contract. 

o-line has some holes but we have Juice, Patterson and Green all back next year. I wouldn’t mind adding to the group but we have some potential with those 3 young guys. 

d-line - we need to hold onto Greenard long term with WAJ. DT could use some upgrades 

linebackers - some days I feel like we have good young talent and some days I feel like our young guys are never gonna fully develop. I would be ok with drafting a LB early. 

secondary - we need depth at safety and corner. To me this is a day 1 or 2 need. 

with how I’m feeling currently, I think this is what I’d do. 

sign a vet WR, Guard, TE 

draft a CB, LB, DT all in the first 3 rounds 

in the later rounds look RB, TE, tackle 

call it an off season. 

• Like 1

Honestly I’m not opposed to trading our 1st round pick, depending on what’s there. We are without 5th and 6th rounders so we could easily trade back in round 1 or trade out of round 1 if it’s a pick in the 20s. 

there will be some late 1st round QBs in this draft and so we could potentially get a good 2nd and maybe some 4ths 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

LMAO, Watson out for the rest of the season after undergoing surgery on a broken bone in his shoulder 

Congrats on the higher pick 

hopefully we still make the playoffs but this definitely helped in y’all favor. And congrats on everything Stroud is doing. Love to see it 

I think the pick ends up in the 12-15 pick range again which isnt the worst thing.  I am in agree with @Pastor Dillon, I would look to trade back while gaining additional picks.  If we stayed put we can have our choices at top wr's other than Marvin Harrision. 

Keon Coleman, Malik Nabors, Xavier Worthy and Rome Odunze are my favorites.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

sign a vet WR, Guard, TE 

draft a CB, LB, DT all in the first 3 rounds 

in the later rounds look RB, TE, tackle 

This 2024 DT class looks abysmal, historically bad - I think there's one guy who might carry a first round grade (Illinois DT Johnny Newton) and the rest of the class really doesn't do much. Nazir Stackhouse was backing up Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter at Georgia but is nowhere near either guy. Outside of that, you're gambling on size over production.

I'd really take a gamble on a FA IOL - go big after Miami's Christian Wilkins or KCs Chris Jones. This team has been sitting on cash for a long time, time to go and make a big FA splash with a long term deal for a bonafide interior DL pickup. 

I'm also definitely drafting a WR from this class vs free agency. This might be the best WR class we've seen in a decade, legit alpha WRs - Marvin Harrison Jr is the known name, but there are at least 4-5 more guys worthy of top 20 selection with 2-3rd round guys who'd go late first in any other draft. It's incredibly deep at WR...

13 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Keon Coleman, Malik Nabors, Xavier Worthy and Rome Odunze are my favorites.  

Yeah - Coleman, Nabors, Emeka Egbuka and AD Mitchell are quickly rising up a lot of lists as future #1 WRs.

Guys like Johnny Wilson, Xavier Legette and Ricky Pearsall would probably late 1st/early 2nd round guys in any other draft but they're pretty much off the radar with this cohort of guys.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yeah - Coleman, Nabors, Emeka Egbuka and AD Mitchell are quickly rising up a lot of lists as future #1 WRs.

Guys like Johnny Wilson, Xavier Legette and Ricky Pearsall would probably late 1st/early 2nd round guys in any other draft but they're pretty much off the radar with this cohort of guys.

my concern with WR in round 1 is just about who is still there when we pick 

5 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

That's my train of thought. Get a WR in the 2nd, go CB or DT in the 1st. 

CB is my choice - Sting can't stay healthy, Nelson is an impending FA, Tavierre Thomas is a slot guy and Shaq Griffin is a liability most times out there.

Get another guy who can be the top guy, push Sting to the 2nd spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

CB is my choice - Sting can't stay healthy, Nelson is an impending FA, Tavierre Thomas is a slot guy and Shaq Griffin is a liability most times out there.

Get another guy who can be the top guy, push Sting to the 2nd spot.

I honestly don't care about the position they draft. Sure we all have preferences but I want them to go BPA. Keep stockpiling talent. It's what the good teams do.

• Like 1