2024 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/houston-supplemental-draft-cj-stroud-milton-wright-receiver-pick

Given the need at the position, I’d think about bidding a 4th round pick for Milton Wright. He’s got the requisite size and ball skills to be a dependable perimeter threat - physical, can box out and fight through defenders, smart route runner with exceptional hands (per his PFN scouting report - I’m not going to pretend I watch a ton of Purdue football).

Not sure if another rookie with no NFL experience moves the needle much, but another body with a promising resume never hurts. 

I was going to say 6th, but we shall see

• 3 weeks later...
No players were selected in NFL’s supplemental draft held on Tuesday.
The NFL’s first supplemental draft since 2019 came and went with no players selected on Tuesday. Although not uncommon for there to be no selections in the supplemental draft considering the finite number of eligible players, there have been numerous mainstays that entered the league through its use over the years including former Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon and Arizona Cardinals safety Jalen Thompson. Former Purdue wide receiver Milton Wright and former Jackson State wide receiver Malachi Wideman were considered potential picks but will now enter free agency.

per rotoworld

4 hours ago, jch1911 said:

No players were selected in NFL’s supplemental draft held on Tuesday.

Wow, that’s surprising - nothing for Wideman or Wright. Both would have been late round guys in ‘23 (or ‘24) I’d think. Heck, if Wideman joined Coach Prime in Boulder I thought he’d have a 2-3rd round ceiling.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

If things blew up for the browns and we got the number 1 pick, would we take Harrison number 1?

If the Texans are 1.1 thanks to the Browns, trade down to someone willing to give you a Watson-esque return for Caleb Williams. You could maybe use some of those assets to get back up to pick Harrison, but Caleb is #1 until proven otherwise.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

https://x.com/greggrosenthal/status/1691968353387286654?s=46&t=7dWwT4ezlLGe0kJ1AjIe6g

idk why my tweets are embedding automatically, but this is music to our ears coming out of CLE

It’s the recent change from “twitter” to “X” that’s leading to issues. (Thanks, Elon…)

If you use your web browser to pull up the tweet, then click the “share” button to copy the link, it should embed.

Webby is aware and looking into the issue. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

It’s the recent change from “twitter” to “X” that’s leading to issues. (Thanks, Elon…)

If you use your web browser to pull up the tweet, then click the “share” button to copy the link, it should embed.

10-4, I’m on my phone most of the time these days 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 3:36 AM, ET80 said:

im going to pull an elon and switch to bluesky

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Travis Hunter is playing WR AND CB for Colorado? Wow, Deion is really trying to turn him into Deion… Prime is still the gold standard at CB, but Hunter might be a better WR.

This is worth following. Hunter was a top 20/Five Star athlete coming out, and he’s playing like a true two way star.

I’m still going to believe Shedeur Sanders is not an NFL QB - his mechanics are really bad and he looks like he’s reading the routes vs the defense - but the athleticism and poise is noticeable. 

Someone is going to draft him, and if he can develop in todays’ modern NFL - hey, he might not be bad.

(Still don’t think he’s NFL quality).