2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

On 1/25/2024 at 12:43 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

He can do everything you want a QB to do. There isn't a QB in the country that would have put up numbers on Michigan this year. Granted, if you are saying taking him at 13 is rich, I can respect that. But I think if we can land him somewhere between 13 and 44, I'd personally be thrilled.

If he is on the board at 13 he should be the pick.  Is there risk, sure there is but the team is in a position to take a risk as we have a below average roster and no starting caliber Qb.  JJ will take time but the potential is clearly there.  The worst thing that can happen is we take him, start out terribly AP feels the heat and thrusts him in to start when he is not ready in an attempt to save his job.  Let's just hope that doesn't happen.  

I have a feeling that JJ very well could be gone at by 13 which would suck.  If that is the case I say we draft Wiggins,  improve the overall roster and punt drafting a QB until next year. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

One things for sure as it stands: We don't pick a quarterback at 13. Its trade up or draft a tackle and throw a dark for a QB in the second 

I would prefer to improve the roster as opposed to throw a dart for a QB in the 2nd...  That rarely pans out and it's not like were a roster that is a QB away from competing.  

I think we need to trade Adams and either trade up for a QB or pick one at 13.  At 13 the only QB who should still be on the board that would warrant a selection in JJ.  The odds of landing a stud QB in the 2nd is very low. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I would prefer to improve the roster as opposed to throw a dart for a QB in the 2nd...  That rarely pans out and it's not like were a roster that is a QB away from competing.  

I think we need to trade Adams and either trade up for a QB or pick one at 13.  At 13 the only QB who should still be on the board that would warrant a selection in JJ.  The odds of landing a stud QB in the 2nd is very low. 

Oh trust me I know which is why I said it's weird to trade up or we need to get better on the offensive line(this is a great Oline draft) in the first round. We need to either get one of these right tackles(like Fauga or JC Latham) or the powers-Johnson guy. That's where I'm at as it stands currently. I think JJ is a second round pick

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Oh trust me I know which is why I said it's weird to trade up or we need to get better on the offensive line(this is a great Oline draft) in the first round. We need to either get one of these right tackles(like Fauga or JC Latham) or the powers-Johnson guy. That's where I'm at as it stands currently. I think JJ is a second round pick

I don't see any way JJ goes in the 2nd round as we all know there are plenty of QB needy teams that will be intrigued with his upside potential but we will see.  I do agree that JJ should not step in day 1 for any team as he needs time to adjust to the speed of the NFL. 

Interior Oline value can be had in the 3rd or 4th and I would no spend a 1st on a RT when we have a glaring need for a shutdown CB and potentially an edge rusher.  Nate Wiggins is my man at CB if he is on the board.  

I wasn't able to watch a ton of games at the end of the year but read Wilson played decently inside.  Does that mean we are looking to more him into a 3T and now have a void at DE?  JM and DZ were complete buffoons... Unbelievable 

• Like 2

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

I don't see any way JJ goes in the 2nd round as we all know there are plenty of QB needy teams that will be intrigued with his upside potential but we will see.  I do agree that JJ should not step in day 1 for any team as he needs time to adjust to the speed of the NFL. 

Interior Oline value can be had in the 3rd or 4th and I would no spend a 1st on a RT when we have a glaring need for a shutdown CB and potentially an edge rusher.  Nate Wiggins is my man at CB if he is on the board.  

I wasn't able to watch a ton of games at the end of the year but read Wilson played decently inside.  Does that mean we are looking to more him into a 3T and now have a void at DE?  JM and DZ were complete buffoons... Unbelievable 

Oh I'm sure that he could end up going in the first round but that'll be out of the league being starved for quarterbacks not out of ability(very similar to the Steelers quarterback that got drafted a few years back)

JJ is 100% going Top 15. People saying 2nd Round never learn from their mistakes and think project QB’s should never go in the 1st. Project QB’s absolutely deserve to go in the 1st. JJ’s potential is Top 5-6 on the league type potential. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 12:43 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

He can do everything you want a QB to do. There isn't a QB in the country that would have put up numbers on Michigan this year. Granted, if you are saying taking him at 13 is rich, I can respect that. But I think if we can land him somewhere between 13 and 44, I'd personally be thrilled.

On 1/25/2024 at 12:45 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

TBF if we are willing to run a gun heavy pass heavy offense under Kingsbury, I actually think Penix is one of the best fits in this class and will absolutely EAT in this offense. More than JJ

Agree on both. Love JJ. And Penix can be a great player in the right scheme. He’ll be scheme dependent, but in right offense, he can crush. 

• Like 1