2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

Rattler is trash. He does not have it from a mental standpoint, and wildly inconsistent physically due to **** mechanics and other issues. Even the goat of QB's Riley couldn't savage the guy, the guy who makes every QB and their mama a 1st pick. 

• Like 1

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

just like anyone that has an opinion contrary to you about QBs is an idiot?

I'm willing to listen to your absolute in-depth analysis how McCarthy is a game-manager. This should be gold...

Newsflash, he's not. You, as a Michigan fan, should know better.

7 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

With McCarthy you're drafting him for what he can be, not what he currently is as a QB.

He's 20 years old and is quite raw but the tools are there to have him grow into a top tier QB.  It will take time, as I think whoever drafts him should sit him for nearly the whole year.  

Whoever drafts him is getting a 20 year old with above average arm talent, accurate, athletic, good mechanics, good under duress, High football IQ and ran a pro style O in college.  

If he lands in the right situation with good coaching stability and has time to sit/grow he could pose great value in the mid 1st.  The team that drafts him has to be patient but if they play it right they will have a very good pro on their hands. 

I get that but I think the same can be said about all of the quarterback prospects. Hes just younger so we have more time to sit which I understand also. Here's my thing though, are you really trying to get that guy at 13 and potentially the top 10(meaning you would have to move up). Because I guarantee you in the pre-draft process he's going to move up draft boards because he didn't go to the senior bowl.

My thing is McCarthy could be good I'm not saying he can't be but what would make me nervous is the fact that he didn't really throw the football so you don't really know what you're getting other than traits.

It would be like if the guy from Tennessee was on a winning program and won the national championship. It would be that he has trades but they didn't really throw the ball so we don't really know how good of a quarterback that guy is. 

Ultimately he wouldn't be getting the attention that he's getting if Michigan didn't win the championship. Because the reality is the guy completed eight passes in that game. 

Edited by Jeremy408

8 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Rattler by a mile. Anyone that took time and watched Rattler knows he has serious red flags and they’re being glossed over by a good senior bowl. I wouldn’t take him before the fourth round. Period. Anyone taking Rattler in the first is in for a very bad time imo. 

We're talking about the character stuff that happened when he was 17 all the way until he got benched by Riley right? Because I know we're not talking about his actual play. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Rattler is trash. He does not have it from a mental standpoint, and wildly inconsistent physically due to **** mechanics and other issues. Even the goat of QB's Riley couldn't savage the guy, the guy who makes every QB and their mama a 1st pick. 

you obviously don't know what your talking about. He was a young punk in Oklahoma but grew up to being a humble man in South Carolina. He outplayed Pennix, Nix at senior bowl. Pennix was spooked and backed off. Rattler was the man at South Carolina even behind a bad OLINE. Put Rattler on Michigan and he would have set the world on fire. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 12:22 PM, Humble_Beast said:

JJ was a game manager on a stack team with all Americans. You would think he would ball out. 

He won the title... 
he didnt need to throw 400 yards a game.

If you can win by running, you run the ball. 

Cant argue that a guy who the championship didnt ball out imo.. he did exactly what he needed to do. 
If KC could run and win, they would, even though Mahommes the best QB.

12 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

He won the title... 
he didnt need to throw 400 yards a game.

If you can win by running, you run the ball. 

Cant argue that a guy who the championship didnt ball out imo.. he did exactly what he needed to do. 
If KC could run and win, they would, even though Mahommes the best QB.

atleast one 400 yard game would have been nice. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, massraider said:

I know this because he mentions it in every post where he Randomly capitalizes Words for no reason.  

lol 

he said Caleb is more Jonny manziel than people want to acknowledge which is very interesting comparison 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

you can, and I will

Would him throwing for 400 yards but losing the NC be more impressive to you? 

he did what he had to do to win. 
very qb friendly system no doubt, but not turning the ball over was essentially his job. 
take the check down/ throw away over the risky throw and live another day. 

on that team, that motto worked. It would’ve been dumb for him to go away from that to prove he can throw for 400 yards. 

You gotta be able to see players for what they can be. 
just because he didn’t doesn’t mean he can’t. 

some people cannot evaluate without seeing the stats though, which I get, but ultimately that’s a flaw in their scouting not the qb.