2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I don't like to put too much weight into the combine either way. But for someone that's supposed to have the potential to be one of the best QB's in the NFL I just expect them to make it look effortless. Watch JJ throw the ball and then watch Stroud last year.

That's my take. I shouldn't have to guess if a player can make every throw. Which is why I advocate for penix.

39 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What college QB is not a guessing game or a risk?  Was Bryce Young a risk at 1 overall last year or T. Law a few years ago?  T. Law was one of the highest regarded QB's coming out over the last decade and his performance so far as a pro has been average at best. 

I don't think anyone is looking at JJ as a finished product at 20 years old, however all the tools are there for him to be molded into a franchise QB.  Does that actually happen, your guess is as good as mine but all of the tools one looks for are there.

It’s a lot easier to project when you have years of film showing them operate a high volume passing offense. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It’s a lot easier to project when you have years of film showing them operate a high volume passing offense. 

Now I understand the argument of when your quarterback is in a profile offense, the stats aren't going to be as inflated. However, when it comes to McCarthy, he didn't really have to throw the ball very much at all which means that the evaluation on him is automatically more stricter, because you don't know if he can make every throw consistently because we didn't see it all the time like some of the other prospects.

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Now I understand the argument of when your quarterback is in a profile offense, the stats aren't going to be as inflated. However, when it comes to McCarthy, he didn't really have to throw the ball very much at all which means that the evaluation on him is automatically more stricter, because you don't know if he can make every throw consistently because we didn't see it all the time like some of the other prospects.

It’s a gamble on a player that is a project with good but not elite traits. 

If he’s ultimately who we end up with I’ll understand it and root for him to do well. But I’d 1,000,000% prefer one of the top 3 guys over him. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

He’s the only one that runs a pro style offense. That’s a huge plus.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Once again you're missing the point.  I don't think any NFL GM or scout is looking at a 20 year old JJ as a finished product.  They are looking at the big picture with him and projecting what they can mold him into.  

Like I said the skills and intangibles are obviously there which will be reflected on draft day.  Does that mean that he is a guaranteed stud NFL QB, nope, however if he goes to a team that is patient and coaches him well there is tremendous upside potential with him. 

If he is on the board at 13 I feel like he would be good value there as I have also stated there are a few CB's (Wiggins/Arnold) I also think pose good value.  Would I potentially move up a few spots to land JJ, I would take that risk depending on what compensation it would cost to move up.  

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Once again you're missing the point.  I don't think any NFL GM or scout is looking at a 20 year old JJ as a finished product.  They are looking at the big picture with him and projecting what they can mold him into.  

Like I said the skills and intangibles are obviously there which will be reflected on draft day.  Does that mean that he is a guaranteed stud NFL QB, nope, however if he goes to a team that is patient and coaches him well there is tremendous upside potential with him. 

If he is on the board at 13 I feel like he would be good value there as I have also stated there are a few CB's (Wiggins/Arnold) I also think pose good value.  Would I potentially move up a few spots to land JJ, I would take that risk depending on what compensation it would cost to move up.  

You’re 1000% going to have to move up to get him with the Giants, Falcons, Broncos, and Vikings all potentially going QB. 

20 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Looking at percentages on 3rd and 6+/attempts against top 25 D's shows me that Harbaugh trusted the kid to make throws when he needed him to. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You’re 1000% going to have to move up to get him with the Giants, Falcons, Broncos, and Vikings all potentially going QB. 

Which is why I find all of this talk funny but I'm bored lol.  There is a very small chance that he will be on our roster next year... 

I could see Denver moving up for him though as Peyton would love to get his hands on this kid. 

17 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Which is why I find all of this talk funny but I'm bored lol.  There is a very small chance that he will be on our roster next year... 

I could see Denver moving up for him though as Peyton would love to get his hands on this kid. 

The reality is if we want any QB we are going to have to trade up. But it honestly does sound like their plan is to trade up and go get one.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Post Combine Mock Draft

13. Quinyon Mitchell | CB | Toledo

44. Michael Penix | QB | Washington

77. Christian Haynes | OG | UConn

116. Cedric Gray | LB | North Carolina

147. Javon Solomon | Edge | Troy

210. Isaac Guerendo | RB | Louisville

221. Julian Pearl | OT | Illinois

225. Khristian Boyd | DL | Northern Iowa

227. Trevor Keegan | OL | Michigan

I could definitely get behind this draft, especially if we are aggressive in FA with the trenches. Those first 2 picks, add Williams or Wilkins + butler and a NT (also NJS and young) with a cpl good guards and we're cooking, maybe jj back on a 1 yr and fill in the depth. (BTW, yes I'd be happy to add an impact lber as well fwiw) lol

I know we'll have to pay an additional premium but last year:

Texans traded #12 / #33 / 2024 1st / 2024 3rd to the Cardinals for #3 / #105

Cardinals traded #12 / #34 / #168 to the Lions for #6 / #81