2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Does this mean Daniels and Penix have "elite" arm strength because their tape is littered with these type throws. 

Josh Allen is different. He has elite, throw a strawberry through a battleship velocity. 

He'll immediately have one of the strongest arms in the league. And even more than that he has the ability to throw on the move and from crazy angles, similar to Patrick Mahomes. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Well not necessarily. Because the other side of scrambling is when no one's open. How can you create when the play fails. That is another big reason why ability scrambling matters(bigger reason in my opinion). 

Penix personally is never going to look to scramble, he's a pure pocket passer. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

He'll immediately have one of the strongest arms in the league. And even more than that he has the ability to throw on the move and from crazy angles, similar to Patrick Mahomes. 

There is "a similar to Patrick Mahomes" in every draft now. Maybe this will finally be the guy.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Does this mean Daniels and Penix have "elite" arm strength because their tape is littered with these type throws. 

Josh Allen is different. He has elite, throw a strawberry through a battleship velocity. 

The reality is that Penix has the best arm in the draft. It's not about that. It's more about the fact that Caleb Williams can create plays where there are none with less than ideal weapons and without a super line. Although I don't think the conversation even matters because we're not gonna have an opportunity to draft him so who cares

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Penix personally is never going to look to scramble, he's a pure pocket passer. 

right that's the point I'm making with looking at that stat. It's not even that he simply doesn't do it. That very key stat shows that he more than likely can't do it. Question is though whether or not it makes more sense to draft that guy based on his Elite Arm talent and get an offensive line that can protect him. I personally could get behind that.

Just now, big_palooka said:

There is "a similar to Patrick Mahomes" in every draft now. Maybe this will finally be the guy.

His arm talent, ability to create outside of structure, and ability to throw from every angle is very reminiscent of Mahomes.

I'm sure he can hit a 15 yard out route to the left in shorts as well, McCarthy can't.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

His arm talent, ability to create outside of structure, and ability to throw from every angle is very reminiscent of Mahomes.

I'm sure he can hit a 15 yard out route to the left in shorts as well, McCarthy can't.

You should go listen to what Sims says about Williams as a pocket QB. Says most of Caleb's problems came from the team, but when it comes to trying to be a pocket passer he has more patience, and ability to go through ears, etc that any other QB this draft. It was interesting to hear, usually Williams is solely touted for his off script stuff, but Sims says his willingness to play within the system is the best this draft has to offer. Just USC failed him over and over and he was forced to go off script so much

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The back half of their scheduled facing 5 ranked teams and having a hamstring injury is hardly "excuses". It just doesn't fit your narrative.

Lol No, they're excuses, JJ PFP guy. You want a guy who thrives against good competition, not ****s the bed! This isn't rocket science. If he sucked against good college defense, why is there any reason to believe he'll be good against NFL defenses which are 10 times better? 

I love how you said your excuses aren't excuses lol. "He played good teams" is literally an excuse lol. Awesome

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

You should go listen to what Sims says about Williams as a pocket QB. Says most of Caleb's problems came from the team, but when it comes to trying to be a pocket passer he has more patience and ability that any other QB this draft. It was interesting to hear, usually Williams is solely touted for his off script stuff, but Sims says his willingness to play within the system is the best this draft has to offer. Just USC failed him over and over and he was forced to go off script so much

The anti-Williams agenda has been strong throughout the season. I mean a good chunk of people on here said Maye was better than him throughout the season. Now you're hearing NFL teams cooling on him a bit because he sucked last year but didn't get any criticism from anyone for whatever reason.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Lol No, they're excuses, JJ PFP guy. You want a guy who thrives against good competition, not ****s the bed! This isn't rocket science. If he sucked against good college defense, why is there any reason to believe he'll be good against NFL defenses which are 10 times better? 

I love how you said your excuses aren't excuses lol. "He played good teams" is literally an excuse lol. Awesome

The pro JJ crowd has to use crazy advanced statistics to show that he's good, lol. 

Did he have good numbers at Michigan? No. But he was the best in the country at throwing on third down with 5-7 yards to go, scrambling left, at games that started at 10 AM.

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's what they said about Zach Wilson. I like Caleb, but there is only one Mahomes. There is more to it than ability to do it. Mahomes is one of one.  

Edited by big_palooka

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The pro JJ crowd has to use crazy advanced statistics to show that he's good, lol. 

Did he have good numbers at Michigan? No. But he was the best in the country at throwing on third down with 5-7 yards to go, scrambling left, at games that started at 10 AM.

It's pretty easy to see if McCarthy was 23, playing at LSU in their spread offense, he'd have all the hype.

He's not a finished product. You're drafting him and hoping your staff can develop the rest of his game. 

That said, I hate the idea of Getsy and this lackluster offensive staff being in charge of any QB let alone one that needs refinement. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

That's what they said about Zach Wilson. I like Caleb, but there is only one Mahomes. There is more to it than ability to do it. Mahomes is one of one.  

Williams was dominant throughout his college career in power conferences under a QB guru coach. 

We see raw guys with "intangibles" drafted highly all the time as well, for the most part they bust. 

Sam Darnold, Jake Locker, Will Levis, Christian Ponder, Daniel Jones, Mac Jones, etc. 

25 minutes ago, NickButera said:

You should go listen to what Sims says about Williams as a pocket QB. Says most of Caleb's problems came from the team, but when it comes to trying to be a pocket passer he has more patience, and ability to go through ears, etc that any other QB this draft. It was interesting to hear, usually Williams is solely touted for his off script stuff, but Sims says his willingness to play within the system is the best this draft has to offer. Just USC failed him over and over and he was forced to go off script so much

Sims though.... he has some brutal QB takes. Don't think he's wrong here, but he always pull the click bait rankings this time of year. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

It's pretty easy to see if McCarthy was 23, playing at LSU in their spread offense, he'd have all the hype.

He's not a finished product. You're drafting him and hoping your staff can develop the rest of his game. 

That said, I hate the idea of Getsy and this lackluster offensive staff being in charge of any QB let alone one that needs refinement. 

I agree with that. It's difficult to really judge Maye or McCarthy against Nix / Daniels / Pennix because if they were three years older in wide open systems with legit NFL pass catchers around them I'm sure their numbers would be crazy as well.