2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I’m asking you about rattler little buddy 

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

After the really good point that @raidr4life I realize that having a quarterback conversation with you is pointless because you only want who theoretically won't be available. Therefore the conversation won't be rational. Everyone else sucks in that scenario. I have nothing else to say to you about concerning these matters lol. I don't do the pipe dream conversations. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Because you make baseless claims and then can’t explain them or back it up. Like Tomlin being a better coach than Bb because he signed Russell Wilson or Carr being like tom brady

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Because you make baseless claims and then can’t explain them or back it up. Like Tomlin being a better coach than Bb because he signed Russell Wilson or Carr being like tom brady

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

After the really good point that @raidr4life I realize that having a quarterback conversation with you is pointless because you only want who theoretically won't be available. Therefore the conversation won't be rational. Everyone else sucks in that scenario. I have nothing else to say to you about concerning these matters lol. I don't do the pipe dream conversations. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Quick Mock

R1- Brian Thomas WR

R2- KIRAN AMEGADJIE LG 

R3- Blake Fisher RT

R4- James Williams - LB

R5- Carlton Johnson CB

R6- Kendall Milton RB

I like this one infinitely better than when you went with Worthy previously, though I still feel Thomas is being over-drafted here.  

more importantly , I really can only get behind a WR drafted in the 1st if we move on from Adams.  With that being said,  I really do feel we should be moving on from him sooner than later and go with full-on youth movement.

As for Amegadjie, I’m glad you mentioned him as I like him a lot. Think he’s pretty unappreciated.  Do you really see him as a G though?   I think he’s actually a really good T prospect

3 minutes ago, Totty said:

FWIW:  SI has reported that the Commanders are open for business for the number 2 overall pick.   Hey, Tommy Testicles... go get your boy.  

13 to 2 would be at least three 1st rounders.  If you're a GM and make a move like that you better be damn sure you're landing a top 10 QB at worst or else you're gone.  If you land the superstar QB you're the GM in Vegas for over a decade, if you draft a bust you'll be gone in two years.  High risk, high reward move.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

13 to 2 would be at least three 1st rounders.  If you're a GM and make a move like that you better be damn sure you're landing a top 10 QB at worst or else you're gone.  If you land the superstar QB you're the GM in Vegas for over a decade, if you draft a bust you'll be gone in two years.  High risk, high reward move.  

We have been bad for a while.  Better than we used to be.  There is only one sure fire way to get out of this purgatory we are perpetually in.  Take a shot and go get the guy you think can energize this franchise.  To me NOW is the time to do it.  We have a solid defense.  We have Davante.  We need to sign a few pieces (OL,CB) and we're cooking.  Draft a RB to round out the RB room.  

DO IT!!!!  Scared money don't make money.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Totty said:

We have been bad for a while.  Better than we used to be.  There is only one sure fire way to get out of this purgatory we are perpetually in.  Take a shot and go get the guy you think can energize this franchise.  To me NOW is the time to do it.  We have a solid defense.  We have Davante.  We need to sign a few pieces (OL,CB) and we're cooking.  Draft a RB to round out the RB room.  

DO IT!!!!  Scared money don't make money.  

Drafting a QB just to draft a QB is a sure way to get fired.  Out of the top 5 QB's drafted in this draft the most likely outcome is three busts and two average to above average with one potential superstar.  Years from now that is how will most likely play out.  If you trade 1st three rounders you better be sure you're drafting a top 10 QB at worst and not one of the busts.  

This team is currently not a SB contender and hasn't really proven anything for an extended period of time.  However if I was GM and was convinced a superstar QB would be sitting at 2 I would give up three 1st to draft that player.  The question is who is that Superstar at #2 in this years draft....

I have no problem sticking at 13 and drafting a stud CB.  There will be some good value in that range with Arnold and Wiggins being solid options.  There is also another highly rated CB prospect (Mitchell) who I don't know much about.  Arnold and Wiggins look legit and one of the two should be there at 13. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Drafting a QB just to draft a QB is a sure way to get fired.  Out of the top 5 QB's drafted in this draft the most likely outcome is three busts and two average to above average with one potential superstar.  Years from now that is how will most likely play out.  If you trade 1st three rounders you better be sure you're drafting a top 10 QB at worst and not one of the busts.  

This team is currently not a SB contender and hasn't really proven anything for an extended period of time.  However if I was GM and was convinced a superstar QB would be sitting at 2 I would give up three 1st to draft that player.  The question is who is that Superstar at #2 in this years draft....

I don't think its Williams, who will be off the board #1 overall.  If I were the GM I would be salivating at the opportunity to sit at #2 in this particular draft  knowing Caleb is the only one taken before my pick.  Jayden, Drake, McCarthy to a lesser extent.  How many teams have a chance to win without that top flight QB on the roster?  If its me, and I am SURE the Bears are taking CW, I am trading up in an instant to give my HC the guy we know he can work with... Jayden Daniels.   Put the pieces around everyone to help them succeed.  Good up and coming TE,  Davante and Jakobi are a nice 1-2 punch, we will need a stronger run game.  Add a Brooks/Estime at 77 and roll.  There is money there to go sign a decent G in FA (Connor Williams and Risner are still available) And lets see if Minford is going to be out RToTF?  HE has shown some promise.  Jayden can move, so while have a GOOD OL is important, a mobile QB can cover that stink.   

If not now, when?  I am not being sarcastic, I am genuinely curious about your thought process on this.  Its nice to have a reasonable discussion with someone on here that doesn't degrade into insults, so I thank you for that.  

14 minutes ago, Totty said:

I don't think its Williams, who will be off the board #1 overall.  If I were the GM I would be salivating at the opportunity to sit at #2 in this particular draft  knowing Caleb is the only one taken before my pick.  Jayden, Drake, McCarthy to a lesser extent.  How many teams have a chance to win without that top flight QB on the roster?  If its me, and I am SURE the Bears are taking CW, I am trading up in an instant to give my HC the guy we know he can work with... Jayden Daniels.   Put the pieces around everyone to help them succeed.  Good up and coming TE,  Davante and Jakobi are a nice 1-2 punch, we will need a stronger run game.  Add a Brooks/Estime at 77 and roll.  There is money there to go sign a decent G in FA (Connor Williams and Risner are still available) And lets see if Minford is going to be out RToTF?  HE has shown some promise.  Jayden can move, so while have a GOOD OL is important, a mobile QB can cover that stink.   

If not now, when?  I am not being sarcastic, I am genuinely curious about your thought process on this.  Its nice to have a reasonable discussion with someone on here that doesn't degrade into insults, so I thank you for that.  

Williams will most certainly go #1 overall.  You do realize that most likely three of the top 5 QB's in this draft will end up being below average and how trading three 1st rounders then drafting a bum like Sam Darnold would set this franchise back many years.  You also realize the odds of drafting a Sam Darnold type QB is much more likely in comparison to us drafting a Pat Mahomes type superstar.  

I do agree that drafting a Superstar QB is a franchise altering move but many fans think those QB's just grown on trees.  There are three to 5 truly elite QB's in the NFL and every team wants one.  The smart move is to build up a solid young corp of players by drafting well for consecutive years and when a good value opportunity presents itself to draft a QB you make the move.  It does not have to be this year as this team could use an influx of good, young talent at multiple positions.... 

I am also still in the camp of trading Adams.  Use him in a package deal to move up or acquire a pick at the end of the 1st and let's get some young studs on this team. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I have no problem sticking at 13 and drafting a stud CB.  There will be some good value in that range with Arnold and Wiggins being solid options.  There is also another highly rated CB prospect (Mitchell) who I don't know much about.  Arnold and Wiggins look legit and one of the two should be there at 13. 

You are speakin the truth. In order to really understand why quarterbacks are bust is that you always have to understand that there will always be at least 2 to 3 quarterbacks that get propped up out of the extraordinary need for quarterback. So inevitably quarterback will always get picked higher than it should.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Williams will most certainly go #1 overall.  You do realize that most likely three of the top 5 QB's in this draft will end up being below average and how trading three 1st rounders then drafting a bum like Sam Darnold would set this franchise back many years.  You also realize the odds of drafting a Sam Darnold type QB is much more likely in comparison to us drafting a Pat Mahomes type superstar.  

I do agree that drafting a Superstar QB is a franchise altering move but many fans think those QB's just grown on trees.  There are three to 5 truly elite QB's in the NFL and every team wants one.  The smart move is to build up a solid young corp of players by drafting well for consecutive years and when a good value opportunity presents itself to draft a QB you make the move.  It does not have to be this year.... 

What if I told you I think (IMO) that the superstar QB is JD?  I have been on his bandwagon for a while now.  I understand your stance of 'not drafting a QB to draft a QB'.  However, I am firmly in the camp of Daniels being potentially the best QB in this draft.  I also pride myself on being able to admit I am no scout, just kinda go by evaluations and gut.  I do realize the risk.  However, the reward is... HUGE.  Even after this discussion, I appreciate your points and the validity of them, I still trade up to select JD if Caleb goes off the board to Chicago. 

While I was typing this up, I thought to myself... Chicago is doing EVERYTHING to give CW a full compliment of weapons to be successful.  What do they have we don't?  Do the Vikings have everything they need to reasonably trade up for a QB?  I can only assume they are accumulating picks to move up for a QB.  What about Denver?  They are talking about moving up for a QB as well... They aren't anywhere near as complete as we are.  IDK  I just feel like if you have the chance to get YOUR guy, not just any guy, you do it.   

1 hour ago, Totty said:

What if I told you I think (IMO) that the superstar QB is JD?  I have been on his bandwagon for a while now.  I understand your stance of 'not drafting a QB to draft a QB'.  However, I am firmly in the camp of Daniels being potentially the best QB in this draft.  I also pride myself on being able to admit I am no scout, just kinda go by evaluations and gut.  I do realize the risk.  However, the reward is... HUGE.  Even after this discussion, I appreciate your points and the validity of them, I still trade up to select JD if Caleb goes off the board to Chicago. 

While I was typing this up, I thought to myself... Chicago is doing EVERYTHING to give CW a full compliment of weapons to be successful.  What do they have we don't?  Do the Vikings have everything they need to reasonably trade up for a QB?  I can only assume they are accumulating picks to move up for a QB.  What about Denver?  They are talking about moving up for a QB as well... They aren't anywhere near as complete as we are.  IDK  I just feel like if you have the chance to get YOUR guy, not just any guy, you do it.   

That's your opinion and thats great but odds say you're wrong and Daniels will be a bust.  I don't know enough about Daniels to say if he's good or not as I have not watched much of him play but like I said odds indicate he will not be worth trading three 1st and more for.  As you point out the reward is huge if you land a Superstar QB but the odds are quite slim and the risk is tremendous. 

It's also very easy to be an arm chair GM where there is no risk involved.  Thinking like a GM is quite different when the risk involved is millions of dollars and your job .  The risk involved with trading three firsts and more for a Sam Darnold ruins careers.  I get that you want a quick fix by drafting a superstar QB, who doesn't but I do not think you're grasping exactly how difficult drafting one is.  

Everyone wants a quick fix by landing a superstar QB but I am in the value camp.  This is no where near a complete team and we need an influx of talent before we can be true contenders.  We need to draft well and build a young solid corp of talent so if we do and miss on our QB, similar to the 9ers did with Lance, it is not catastrophic. You build a solid corp by drafting well over a two to three year span but if a QB you highly value is within striking range and you can move up without having to mortgage the future that is when you take a QB.  When you build a solid corp of players you can win a SB with Matt Stafford at QB. 

I disagree on your stance that this is a complete team as this team is no where near complete in terms of being a contender. We have a GM who was just fired from LA, a HC who is totally unproven, no QB, an unproven #1 running back, an aging #1 WR, an unproven TE, a sketch Oline, the makings of a good Dline, an average at best LB corp and a below average secondary.  I would hardly call what I described as a "contender" especially considering the Raiders franchise has been one of the worst in the NFL over the last two decades.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1