2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Are we really going to act like Lincoln’s offense hasn’t produced heisman winners, #1 picks, and starting QBs in the NFL? 

What other coach has produced better QBs than Kyler, Baker, and Hurts? 

lol outside of Hurts they’ve all been largely disappointing. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Are we really going to act like Lincoln’s offense hasn’t produced heisman winners, #1 picks, and starting QBs in the NFL? 

What other coach has produced better QBs than Kyler, Baker, and Hurts? 

It's not even about that anymore it's we're not gonna get either of the two quarterbacks so it's like the conversation is pointless now. It's more about are we gonna try to get one of these third quarterbacks are we going to try to see what O'Connell is talking about.

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

See my thing is where we're picking I'm liking the second round bargains if we can take advantage of the Defensive players we can get in the 1st. Or maybe even an RT. But ultimately it depends where we pick. If we're in like the top 12 I like McCarthy that guy looks like he can be molded into a star. 

I'm thinking that DT would be great in the first. Having a good defense is all about dominating the LOS. Hitting on a stud DT would do wonders for the defense. I would go DL over LB or DB all day. We need to develop Wilson. I really hope he pans out. 

DE: Maxx, Vet Free Agent Filler

DT: First Round Rookie, Byron Young/Butler/Nichols

NT: Free Agent, Nesta

DE: Wilson, Koonce 

That DL would have a lot of potential. I don't think much of Young. He is likely a career depth guy. Notice how rare it is for a good DT to hit the free agent market. it doesn't really happen. Then we go back and draft a QB in the 2nd, or even trade up to the late 1st. The cost of a trade up wouldn't be nearly as high as trading up to number 1. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'm thinking that DT would be great in the first. Having a good defense is all about dominating the LOS. Hitting on a stud DT would do wonders for the defense. I would go DL over LB or DB all day. We need to develop Wilson. I really hope we pan out. 

DE: Maxx, Vet Free Agent Filler

DT: First Round Rookie, Byron Young/Butler/Nichols

NT: Free Agent, Nesta

DE: Wilson, Koonce 

That DL would have a lot of potential. I don't think much of Young. He is likely a career depth guy. Notice how rare it is for a good DT to hit the market. it doesn't really happen. Then we go back and draft a QB in the 2nd, or even trade up to the late 1st. The cost of a trade up wouldn't be nearly as high as trading up to number 1. 

I would like the Illinois defensive tackle newton that guy can ball. Then if Nesta keeps showing improvement he can be the starter at nose tackle. Be a very good D line

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Or Kool-Aid or maybe an OT(unless somehow Mumford proves that he can be the guy opposite of Miller)

Round 1: DT Newton

Round 2: QB Pennix 

Round 3: LB Jaylon Ford 

What would you think of this? Throw a big money deal at a CB like Jaylon Johnson. New deals for Jacobs, Amik. Thoughts?

Edited by Humble_Beast