2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Outside Hurts, who was who he was at Alabama and developed in. Philly, what have the other 2 accomplished as pros? Kind of the point. What they were in Lincoln Riley's offense hasn't translated to the NFL much. 

He was who he was at Alabama yet was benched for Tua and was just okay but put up 5,000 yards, was a Heisman finalist and solified himself as a legitimate NFL prospect at Oklahoma, lol....

Kyler just got one of the biggest contracts in NFL history and has been above average

Baker was the #1 pick and has been playing good ball

Hurts is an MVP candidate type player that just took a team to the Super Bowl

What other program even has 3 starting QBs currently in the NFL? lol 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Round 1: DT Newton

Round 2: QB Pennix 

Round 3: LB Jaylon Ford 

What would you think of this? Throw a big money deal at a CB like Jaylon Johnson. New deals for Jacobs, Amik. Thoughts?

I'm not mad at that at all! My thing though is is Amik worth resigning and if so how much. I think Jacob's is worth paying. Just need to tore up the interior offensive line so that you can get the most out of him

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I'm not mad at that at all! My thing though is is Amik worth resigning and if so how much. I think Jacob's is worth paying. Just need to tore up the interior offensive line so that you can get the most out of him

Amik has been playing good football. I wouldn't break the bank for him, but I think he deserves a new deal. I think Jacobs is worth a John Taylor type of deal (3y45m).  The beauty with a rookie QB, the cap flexibility. James is average, and could be upgraded. Parham is solid. Van Wroten been playing better, but could prolly be upgraded. 

I have not watched much McCarthy still but I like what I see. Is his arm as powerful as Maye or Caleb? No. But it’s not a Mac Jones arm either. He’s really smart. The way he maneuvers around the pocket is brilliant, reminds me of Purdy. Also he’s a big kid that can run well, reminds me somewhat of Josh Allen when he takes off. He’s gonna be a monster in the redzone, he has good eyes with a condensed field and also his scrambling ability. 

McCarthy is not bust proof though. He might end up terrible. But I like what I see, and would absolutely support drafting him. I think Maye and Williams are bust-proof, although Williams very possibly might just be a less fast Kyler Murray. 

39 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Or Kool-Aid or maybe an OT(unless somehow Mumford proves that he can be the guy opposite of Miller)

If all other options are off yeah I could get down with those. I’d prefer to not be in that situation though of course. 

18 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Amik has been playing good football. I wouldn't break the bank for him, but I think he deserves a new deal. I think Jacobs is worth a John Taylor type of deal (3y45m).  The beauty with a rookie QB, the cap flexibility. James is average, and could be upgraded. Parham is solid. Van Wroten been playing better, but could prolly be upgraded. 

my thing though is do you think that Amaka can start long-term. because like he's 5'8 & sometimes prone to brain farts. 

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Yeah that’s what I thought. I like Hurts but to call him elite is simply wrong. 

Hurts just took the Eagles to the Super Bowl and had one of the best performances in the game that we've ever seen... lol 

He's probably the 4th best QB in the league right now behind Allen, Mahomes, and Burrow...

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Hurts just took the Eagles to the Super Bowl and had one of the best performances in the game that we've ever seen... lol 

He's probably the 4th best QB in the league right now behind Allen, Mahomes, and Burrow...

Yes it was only him that took them to the Super Bowl. Not the absolutely stacked roster and elite defense they have. And that goes further to prove my point. Elite is thrown around way way too much. There should only be two or three guys considered elite. Past that you dilute the actual meaning of the word. Hurts is a good quarterback on an absolutely stacked team. He’s not an elite one though. 

Edited by FloydFan
  • Like 1