2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

16 minutes ago, G said:

Until I know the coaching staff, then which QB I'd want. Now for the goofy fun...

#1 Caleb 'Cry Baby' Williams

#2 Drake May Day sinking ship 

#3 Jayden (Not another LSU QB) Daniels

#4 JJ Hype MeCarthy

#5 Bo 'Old Man' Don't Pick 6 Nix

#6 Michael  Broken/Rising Pheonix 

#7 Prime Time Col Sanders Chicken

If we're keeping AP I'm leaning Jayden Daniels. Took a lot of sacks which will happen in the NFL and our Oline currently. No need to trade up because JJ/Bo/Penix are also good. If it's a coach in full control then I'm prepared for them to mortage our future to get Williams or Maye. Doubt we could move up to the top 3 picks but they could offer quite a bit. 

I’d give any of them a chance but ditch AP. I need to see more from Sanders. 

• Like 1

I know this. we do not need to cripple ourselves long term and trade the farm to get Williams or Maye. There's way too much QB talent the next 2 years to waste precious capitol on just 1 player.

Our interiors on both sides are my top priorities. If we get a mid 1st, I'd consider trading up from the 2nd to the 1st and going OG or DT. Better value at a position of need.

But I don't think we NEED Caleb Williams or Drake Maye or we should just give up on another season.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

I know this. we do not need to cripple ourselves long term and trade the farm to get Williams or Maye. There's way too much QB talent the next 2 years to waste precious capitol on just 1 player.

Our interiors on both sides are my top priorities. If we get a mid 1st, I'd consider trading up from the 2nd to the 1st and going OG or DT. Better value at a position of need.

But I don't think we NEED Caleb Williams or Drake Maye or we should just give up on another season.

Yup, we are not a good enough to go all in on a qb. 

rookie qb will need help. 

im down to move up, but it shouldn’t cost the farm to move up for the 3rd or 4th qb I hope. 

13 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Yup, we are not a good enough to go all in on a qb. 

rookie qb will need help. 

im down to move up, but it shouldn’t cost the farm to move up for the 3rd or 4th qb I hope. 

Having a good QB changes the culture almost immediately if you hit though. We won't be in position to draft Maye/Williams but we will likely be picking top 10 with a chance to take McCarthy, Daniels, etc. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Having a good QB changes the culture almost immediately if you hit though. We won't be in position to draft Maye/Williams but we will likely be picking top 10 with a chance to take McCarthy, Daniels, etc. 

well I’d say an elite qb changes culture immediately… cj stroud isnt playing good right now, he is playing at an elite level and changing that team. 
young and Levi’s and Richardson I’d say are good but not playing at a franchise changing level. 

being good isn’t enough to change a franchise. Kinda what we see with Lawrence. 

Edited by BackinBlack

35 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

well I’d say an elite qb changes culture immediately… cj stroud isnt playing good right now, he is playing at an elite level and changing that team. 
young and Levi’s and Richardson I’d say are good but not playing at a franchise changing level. 

Demeco Ryans might've had something to do with it too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

The Jaguars were the worst team in the NFL back to back seasons, went 9-8 with a playoff win last year, and are now 8-3 with a real chance to be the #1 seed in the AFC in year three. Going from the worst team in the conference to potentially the best (record wise) in a three year period is a massive leap. 

They're 13-4 over their last 17 regular season games with their only losses coming against the 49ers, Chiefs, Lions, and Texans.

Edited by NYRaider

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Jaguars were the worst team in the NFL back to back seasons, went 9-8 with a playoff win last year, and are now 8-3 with a real chance to be the #1 seed in the AFC in year three. Going from the worst team in the conference to potentially the best (record wise) in a three year period is a massive leap. 

They're 13-4 over their last 17 regular season games with their only losses coming against the 49ers, Chiefs, Lions, and Texans.

It is indeed a massive leap, but it goes way beyond Lawrence. 

Coaching is a huge part of why Jacksonville has ascended, and they've pretty much nailed pick after pick in the top 100 for like 3 straight years while not really whiffing on any FA signings. 

With that staff and overall roster, any good QB is, at worst, 7-4 this year. Not to crap on Lawrence, just a fact that the entire organization had a makeover amd it's paid off regardless of who they picked at QB. 

If anything, Lawrence is a cautionary tale about "can't miss franchise changer" QBs amd why trading the farm is unwise. Statistically, he's barely outplaying Josh Dobbs and Geno Smith- not exactly revolutionary for the QB position and nothing more than a handful of QBs with a decent support cast and good coaching couldn't do. 

Jacksonville took him with the pick they had, and it was the obvious pick. But if a team traded multiple 1sts or even a bunch of seconds for him.....they'd feel pretty let down right now, imo. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

It is indeed a massive leap, but it goes way beyond Lawrence. 

Coaching is a huge part of why Jacksonville has ascended, and they've pretty much nailed pick after pick in the top 100 for like 3 straight years while not really whiffing on any FA signings. 

With that staff and overall roster, any good QB is, at worst, 7-4 this year. Not to crap on Lawrence, just a fact that the entire organization had a makeover amd it's paid off regardless of who they picked at QB. 

If anything, Lawrence is a cautionary tale about "can't miss franchise changer" QBs amd why trading the farm is unwise. Statistically, he's barely outplaying Josh Dobbs and Geno Smith- not exactly revolutionary for the QB position and nothing more than a handful of QBs with a decent support cast and good coaching couldn't do. 

Jacksonville took him with the pick they had, and it was the obvious pick. But if a team traded multiple 1sts or even a bunch of seconds for him.....they'd feel pretty let down right now, imo. 

It started with Lawrence though, they were terrible, he has given them stability as a leader and as a solid NFL QB. Obviously hasn't been amazing this year but he has found a way to win them games. 

i’m not a big proponent of trading up to get a QB in most situation, but i think this team has enough talent that i’d be willing to trade 2 1sts a 2nd and some day 3 picks to move up for Maye / Williams.  i don’t think i’d be willing to do 3 1sts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

i’m not a big proponent of trading up to get a QB in most situation, but i think this team has enough talent that i’d be willing to trade 2 1sts a 2nd and some day 3 picks to move up for Maye / Williams.  i don’t think i’d be willing to do 3 1sts. 

I'm not really a fan of trading up for a QB. In an ideal world we'll stand pat at like pick 7, land one of the top QBs, and trade Adams to the Jets for their 1st and use that pick for Newton. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Drafting an OG/DT while going into the season with AOC/Jimmy at QB is basically accepting that we're going to tank away another season. You have legit 0 chance of being competitive with either guy.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not really a fan of trading up for a QB. In an ideal world we'll stand pat at like pick 7, land one of the top QBs, and trade Adams to the Jets for their 1st and use that pick for Newton. 

i’d prefer to keep adams if we get a QB.  i like Newton and all but would rather just upgrade the platoon at DT.  we’ve waited so long for a good DT i want someone elite if it’d cost us Adams.  but im not adverse to trading adams if we’re ripping things down and rebuilding.

• Like 2

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

i’d prefer to keep adams if we get a QB.  i like Newton and all but would rather just upgrade the platoon at DT.  we’ve waited so long for a good DT i want someone elite if it’d cost us Adams.  but im not adverse to trading adams if we’re ripping things down and rebuilding.

I don't even care about what other moves we make, I just pray to god we end up with a QB in the first round. This is the year to land one, especially with a new regime coming in at the same time. Let them have their guy to build this thing the right way.