2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He can throw it 85 yards, but can't hit a WR on a 10 yard curl route. He is terrible. 

He is the most infuriating QB I have ever seen. Every year it's "maybe this is the year we unlock his potential" and then without fail it never happens.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

He is the most infuriating QB I have ever seen. Every year it's "maybe this is the year we unlock his potential" and then without fail it never happens.

He was at Michigan, under Harbaugh and they couldn't help him put it together. All I need to know about him come draft time. However, he will be over drafted by some franchise thinking they can unlock his potential. 

He will be in every mock draft as a "late round steal" lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He was at Michigan, under Harbaugh and they couldn't help him put it together. All I need to know about him come draft time. However, he will be over drafted by some franchise thinking they can unlock his potential. 

He will be in every mock draft as a "late round steal" lol

Yep and when he transferred I was not excited about it because I had seen him at Michigan. He just aint got it. His shining moment was the bowl game last year when Clemson had a bunch of folks out.

19 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Yep and when he transferred I was not excited about it because I had seen him at Michigan. He just aint got it. His shining moment was the bowl game last year when Clemson had a bunch of folks out.

Especially going to Tennessee in that offense. I thought he'd fool people with some big numbers. Georgia outclassed him in a massive way when I watched that game.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Especially going to Tennessee in that offense. I thought he'd fool people with some big numbers. Georgia outclassed him in a massive way when I watched that game.

I think it shows that you cant just throw anyone in that offense like a bunch of people say. You still have to have an iota of a brain cell. Hendon outmatched him in every way and it definitely drove that home for the fanbase this year. Wild he looked THAT bad in it though, because it can be QB friendly with the quick reads and high tempo. Funny thing is I think because of how poor Milton was this year they weren't able to run it at the same tempo as last year, which was another out of multiple reasons we saw the regression of it that we did. 

• Like 1

I haven't studied specific collegiate players much this season but I do know what 1st round positions are in play for the coming draft.  QB, 3T and CB are the top needs for this franchise.  One player I have watched a bit of film on and I think would be good value in the mid 1st round is CB Nate Wiggins.  We need a #1 CB and he checks the boxes as a prospect.  

On 11/28/2023 at 10:10 PM, NYRaider said:

Going into the draft what do you think our biggest needs are?

My opinion:

1. QB

2. DT 

3. OL

4. LB

5. CB

6. RB

I'd move CB up to 3

Obviously QB is a must. 

DT is needed at this point of we're to have any meaningful progress on D. 

CB, I put at 3 because we're 1 injury away from being bankrupt in the coverage game. LB and OL are definitely needs to improve, but our luck with both is just better than our CB luck seems to be. It's not great, but I trust we can find serviceable LBs and OLs more than CBs at this point. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd move CB up to 3

Obviously QB is a must. 

DT is needed at this point of we're to have any meaningful progress on D. 

CB, I put at 3 because we're 1 injury away from being bankrupt in the coverage game. LB and OL are definitely needs to improve, but our luck with both is just better than our CB luck seems to be. It's not great, but I trust we can find serviceable LBs and OLs more than CBs at this point. 

I agree, it's insane how many holes we have across the roster.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I agree, it's insane how many holes we have across the roster.

It is, and it sucks. 

Our STARTING lineup is right on the fringe of being solid enough to expect annual competitiveness with just a couple.of plugs. 

But our depth is abysmal across the board. So much so that 1 injury can drop our entire unit down a few pegs. 

Imagine our offense right now without Adams commanding so much double coverage or our defense if Maxx missed multiple games. But even if Meyers missed a few games, the offense would be stuck in a rut, while if Spillane or any DB missed time, we're useless outside of a pass rush. 

It's why I'm so hesitant to move up in the draft. Take what falls to us, but we need way more than 1 person to get and stay competitive. It's like we have a handful of true stars and a bunch of 3rd and 4th stringers as opposed to a handful of stars and a mix of quality starters + guys who might he 2nd string on some teams but not bad. It's a real house of cards. 

On 11/28/2023 at 7:10 PM, NYRaider said:

Going into the draft what do you think our biggest needs are?

My opinion:

1. QB

2. DT 

3. OL

4. LB

5. CB

6. RB

If we draft a QB and throw him in week 1 OL has to be #2 or we're going to ruin our brand new QB. Other than that CB should be above LB.

1. QB

2. OL

3. DT (tie)

3. CB (tie)

5. LB

• Like 1