2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

For me 

1. Caleb - he has a ceiling to be in the top 3 QB in the league tier. He has potential to be great 

2- Drake Maye- I think he can be Justin Herbert or even better. Again, pairing him with a good coach would be key 

—————

Top 10 

Jayden Daniels- he’s a dual threat who can make all the throws, is accurate, and can see the field. Good height, could maybe bulk up 10-15 pounds. Special running ability. He could be in the Hurts/ Lamar Jackson tier or QBs. I’m high on this guy and I think we need to draft one of the top 3 

————-

Late 1st/ Early 2nd 

Michael Pennix- he has looked amazing and might be the Heisman. Can make all the throws, good feel for the game, accurate. I think his acls and age will drop him to lower 1st/early 2nd. I think he can be a good starter but his ceiling might be limited. Don’t overlook he has been playing with 2 all america wideouts too and looks amazing being older 

———- Day 2 / 3 

Joe Milton- heard he might test like a freak. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him drafted at QB5

Bo Nix- I think he will be a backup in the NFL. He can run, but doesn’t even come from an NFL offense. He’s old too.

Michael Pratt - had a down year due to injury. From a small school too. He has the size, arm, and is a good QB. Could be a sleeper 

Spencer Rattler- I think he is going test well. Probably will be seen more of a backup rather then a future starting QB 

I think Sanders, Beck, Riley Leonard, Ewers, Cam Ward go back to school to boost their stock 

I agree with you on McCarthy. No way I would touch him in RD1

If he can’t pass downfield in college, don’t expect that to change in the NFL

14 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I agree with you on McCarthy. No way I would touch him in RD1

If he can’t pass downfield in college, don’t expect that to change in the NFL

He can. Trust me. Alabama will be a huge make or break for McCarthy's draft stock. Michigan's WR's are kinda mid but let's see.

16 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Michigan doesn’t trust JJ McCarthy to throw much. Not sure how you can place him in round 1 and throw him in as a rookie. Physical tools are there but he’s obviously behind in development 

You don't understand Michigan Football or Harbaugh. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

There's a reason the pros are a "projection". Off of college, Penix and Nix would go top 5.

McCarthy is one of the few prospects that is running in a prostyle offense. If he was at Washington, Oregon, USC, etc. he'd have the numbers. That's not Michigan football or Harbaugh's scheme.

• Like 2

I really hope we lose out, move on from Pierce and clean house.  If we lose out that would put at somewhere around 7 overall and in striking distance to trade up for a one of the top two QB's.  It would be a risky yet bold move by our new GM which would be essentially be tying his career to this young signal caller.  

If we end up staying around 11 and pass on a QB two players to consider would be 3T Newton and CB Wiggins.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You don't understand Michigan Football or Harbaugh. 

Sure I do. And that proves my point. He’s not developed enough in the passing game to be selected in round 1 this season. If he team does, he’s gonna need to be sat , which hardly happens anymore. He’s gonna need to go to a team with a plan for him 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He can. Trust me. Alabama will be a huge make or break for McCarthy's draft stock. Michigan's WR's are kinda mid but let's see.

Alabama gonna be a huge test for his stock. He should return next season to school

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

McCarthy is one of the few prospects that is running in a prostyle offense. If he was at Washington, Oregon, USC, etc. he'd have the numbers. That's not Michigan football or Harbaugh's scheme.

McCarthy reminds me of Josh Allen although doesn’t have that laser arm. Big kid that is quite mobile and will get yards on the feet. Amazing at improvising in the pass game and finding his guy. Wouldn’t shock me if he’s the best QB of the class. I expect a pretty bad rookie season though where everyone mistakenly writes him off. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Pro scheme from when?

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Sure I do. And that proves my point. He’s not developed enough in the passing game to be selected in round 1 this season. If he team does, he’s gonna need to be sat , which hardly happens anymore. He’s gonna need to go to a team with a plan for him 

Alabama gonna be a huge test for his stock. He should return next season to school

We could have said the same thing about Allen. It took him until year 3 to be a good passer and he was a raw passing prospect. 

40 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

We could have said the same thing about Allen. It took him until year 3 to be a good passer and he was a raw passing prospect. 

Yes i understand . I’m not saying he’s a bust waiting. However he’s gonna need some time and patience. I wouldn’t select him in round 1 in the coming draft. The nfl today, round 1 QBs are expected to start rookie year

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

Yes i understand . I’m not saying he’s a bust waiting. However he’s gonna need some time and patience. I wouldn’t select him in round 1 in the coming draft. The nfl today, round 1 QBs are expected to start rookie year

I’m fine drafting him and him looking like dog **** his first year. We aren’t winning the Super Bowl in 2024 so it doesn’t matter to me. 

Let's say we lose out and land pick 7.  We will clearly be out of position to draft the top 2 QB's.  What do you guys think the best mode of action will be for the franchise?  Anyone with eyes can see the roster is amongst the worst in the NFL as we have very little young talent that is above average.  

-Do we stay at 7 and take BPA which could very well be CB or 3T?  

-Do we attempt to trade up to 2 and take Williams or Maye?  What do you think it will take?

-Do we stay at 7 and take a 2nd tier QB there and if so who?

-Do we not take a QB at all, build the roster and punt QB to next year?

-Do we tray to trade back and acquire more draft capital in attempt to build a solid roster for the first time in the last 25 years?

-Do we take BPA (3T/CB) in the 1st and wait for a QB to fall to the end of the 1st and trade up?  

We will have so many options but if we win some more games, each draft spot we fall will cost us more to move up if that is what we chose to do.  It is clear that AP is not the answer at HC and AOC/ Jimmy "dawg/ all he does is win" G are not the answers.  This season is toast and it is in the best long term interst of the franchise to lose out and improve our draft position. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Let's say we lose out and land pick 7.  We will clearly be out of position to draft the top 2 QB's.  What do you guys think the best mode of action will be for the franchise?  Anyone with eyes can see the roster is amongst the worst in the NFL as we have very little young talent that is above average.  

-Do we stay at 7 and take BPA which could very well be CB or 3T?  

-Do we attempt to trade up to 2 and take Williams or Maye?  What do you think it will take?

-Do we stay at 7 and take a 2nd tier QB there and if so who?

-Do we not take a QB at all, build the roster and punt QB to next year?

-Do we tray to trade back and acquire more draft capital in attempt to build a solid roster for the first time in the last 25 years?

-Do we take BPA (3T/CB) in the 1st and wait for a QB to fall to the end of the 1st and trade up?  

We will have so many options but if we win some more games, each draft spot we fall will cost us more to move up if that is what we chose to do.  It is clear that AP is not the answer at HC and AOC/ Jimmy "dawg/ all he does is win" G are not the answers.  This season is toast and it is in the best long term interst of the franchise to lose out and improve our draft position. 

Team has to get a QB. Whatever that entails. 

-Attempt to trade up for Maye/Williams

-Depending on what QB is available at 7, consider taking him there

If no QB is available:

- BPA is not going to be CB or 3T, it would be OT. 

There is not a 3T or CB worth a top 10 pick. If you can't land QB at 7, then trade back and look at making a move on the next waive of QB. 

If I had to pick at 7, can't trade it and no QB I like. Take the BPA likely at OT and build the trenches. Look at QB in round 2.  

• Like 3