2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I know you must be of below average intelligence just based on your posting style, constant need to resort to personal attacks, and pure love for one of the worst players in the NFL.

I’m just trying to help you man. Your non stop highjacking of threads with Carr nonsense is nauseating. He’s gone, focus on the future and how to improve this team and stop wasting precious time posting about Carr all day long. 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I’m just trying to help you man. Your non stop highjacking of threads with Carr nonsense is nauseating. He’s gone, focus on the future and how to improve this team and stop wasting precious time posting about Carr all day long. 

Hopefully we get a real franchise QB this offseason brother

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Hopefully we get a real franchise QB this offseason brother

At least we can agree on that but I also will say that this team is not an ideal landing spot for a rookie QB to be thrown into the fire day 1. This team has a lot to fix before we are a serious contender. A young stud QB will help tremendously but we need to start to nail draft picks, get good value in FA, sign a great HC and GM. That’s lot to fix  and it will take time but it can be done! 

In defense of @Frankie2Gunz, he's been pretty consistent over the past few years that he was good with moving on from Carr provided there was a plan in place. Thanks to the stupidity that is Josh McDaniels, that didn't happen. I didn't want to get rid of Carr simply because I remember the QB horror show we had prior to drafting him (though I wanted to trade him and whatever else it took to Jacksonville back in 2021 in order to get Trevor Lawrence). But that ship has sailed, and we'll most likely have a new QB under center next season (for better or worse).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

At least we can agree on that but I also will say that this team is not an ideal landing spot for a rookie QB to be thrown into the fire day 1. This team has a lot to fix before we are a serious contender. A young stud QB will help tremendously but we need to start to nail draft picks, get good value in FA, sign a great HC and GM. That’s lot to fix  and it will take time but it can be done! 

A rookie QB having Jacobs, Adams, Meyers, Mayer, a decent OL, and ideally a young bright offensive minded coach is ideal, IMO.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’m wondering if we can trade up into the first/early 2nd to get a guy who drops. Just saying if we miss the qb run.

I'd prefer to be aggressive early on and go after Maye or McCarthy. I'd probably be okay with Penix but his injury history and mechanics kind of scare me, I will be absolutely livid if we take Nix.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Alex Smith in his prime was a 500 yard rusher, he was a good athlete.

Smith in his prime on a good team with a creative playcaller was absolutely #1 overall pick worthy and probably shifts the perception of "mobile" QBs several years sooner than it happened. 500 rushing yards may even be a bit low under the right system. 

He hung around so long as a solid hand that people really overlook how ridiculous he his potential was. Being the "other" QB to Rodgers also didn't help, but yeah, Smith was super underrated. 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Smith in his prime on a good team with a creative playcaller was absolutely #1 overall pick worthy and probably shifts the perception of "mobile" QBs several years sooner than it happened. 500 rushing yards may even be a bit low under the right system. 

He hung around so long as a solid hand that people really overlook how ridiculous he his potential was. Being the "other" QB to Rodgers also didn't help, but yeah, Smith was super underrated. 

Smith was the definition of good enough to win with but not good enough to contend with, IMO. The 49ers and Chiefs both made runs to the Super Bowl immediately after replacing him with a younger more dynamic player.

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’m wondering if we can trade up into the first/early 2nd to get a guy who drops. Just saying if we miss the qb run.

Honestly, I'd rather do something more like:

A. If we aren't going QB with our 1st pick, trade back a little and grab one while adding a pick or two

B. Go QB and attempt a small trade up for a defensive BPA type at DT or CB. 

If we skip QB with our first pick, we paint ourselves in a bit of a corner, imo, where we now HAVE to move up or miss out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Honestly, I'd rather do something more like:

A. If we aren't going QB with our 1st pick, trade back a little and grab one while adding a pick or two

B. Go QB and attempt a small trade up for a defensive BPA type at DT or CB. 

If we skip QB with our first pick, we paint ourselves in a bit of a corner, imo, where we now HAVE to move up or miss out. 

Yeah I agree this is gonna be a tough scenario for sure. I'd be happy with McCarthy or Daniels in the 1st tbf. Or a reasonable trade up for Maye/Caleb (doubtful that it'll be reasonable).

• Like 1