2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

i know, its simple stuff, yet constantly people wanna talk about jimmy being the goat and what not. 
rosters matter. 
elite qbs can carry non playoff teams to the playoffs but other than that, any QB needs help.

-
just saw a mock with the Saints taking J Daniels one spot in front of us, with CW, Maye, Nix Penix already being gone. 
lol would really be disappointing to have 5 qbs go before us.
thankfully, there is some rule that you cant draft a qb in round 1 with DC on your roster, so we dont need to worry about the saints. 

The Saints would be smart to do anything they can to replace that fraud.

42 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

i know, its simple stuff, yet constantly people wanna talk about jimmy being the goat and what not. 
rosters matter. 
elite qbs can carry non playoff teams to the playoffs but other than that, any QB needs help.

-
just saw a mock with the Saints taking J Daniels one spot in front of us, with CW, Maye, Nix Penix already being gone. 
lol would really be disappointing to have 5 qbs go before us.
thankfully, there is some rule that you cant draft a qb in round 1 with DC on your roster, so we dont need to worry about the saints. 

I would be shocked if more than 3 QBs go where the Raiders are expected to pick. I would be less shocked if Nix and Penix went day 3.

• Like 1

Just now, Rich7sena said:

You think Penix is a top 10 pick? Because that's probably what it would take for him to go before where the Raiders pick.

No but I ultimately think he'll be taken in the first round. I think Williams/Maye are locks to be the first two QB's off the board and then it's really up in the air. I could see those two being the only two taken before we pick tbh.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

No but I ultimately think he'll be taken in the first round. I think Williams/Maye are locks to be the first two QB's off the board and then it's really up in the air. I could see those two being the only two taken before we pick tbh.

Williams and Maye will probably go 1/2. Daniels has a good chance to go top 5, too.

Just now, Rich7sena said:

Williams and Maye will probably go 1/2. Daniels has a good chance to go top 5, too.

I don't see Daniels going top 5 and could see Maye sliding a little bit depending on trades and if the Bears/Cardinals want to stick it out with their current QBs. I personally think McCarthy is a better prospect than Daniels though.

This year is going to be unique in that there is A LOT of low QB talent starting in the league right now, and there will be a lot of GM's that view these rookie QB's as huge upgrades. Wouldn't shock me to see a record number of QB's go in the first round this year. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NickButera said:

This year is going to be unique in that there is A LOT of low QB talent starting in the league right now, and there will be a lot of GM's that view these rookie QB's as huge upgrades. Wouldn't shock me to see a record number of QB's go in the first round this year. 

In the AFC there's decent stability at QB but the NFC is definitely wide open.

Teams I could see going QB early: Bears, Cardinals, Commanders, Giants, Saints, Bucs, Seahawks, Rams, Falcons, and Vikings.

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In the AFC there's decent stability at QB but the NFC is definitely wide open.

Teams I could see going QB early: Bears, Cardinals, Commanders, Giants, Saints, Bucs, Seahawks, Rams, Falcons, and Vikings.

Don't forget the Patriots. Its a big list for sure

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

McCarthy has what 2 years at mich 

basically similar size at age 20

josh did 2 years at juco iirc and entered Wyoming at 210

he didn’t look 240 at Wyoming imo

Then clarify your statement. Say McCarthy has a Josh Allen body when he was 20 and started at Wyoming. Allen was 237 at the combine. He's one of the biggest dudes at the position in the game.