Way Too Early 53 Man Roster Projections

matt79511

Like Edoga I have also heard zero about Wright who also seemed to have been hurt

Right now I have 2 who make 53 but go to IR. Stephens Overshown 

i expect Wright Edoga and Ball to not make it then be signed and put on IR

I don’t have Goodwin on final 53. Who besides anger gets cut to make room. ?????

my main ps guys. Hoffman Mckeon Land Bohanna Luepke WR Fehoko Houston Drummond. Cb Brooks Mandell Goodwin
I doubt Gallimore survives being cut and not being signed by another team

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Right now we have 6 OL I actually trust if you include Armstrong.  Maybe 7 with Farinok added in.   While Hoffman seemed okay at center I do not trust him  or Bass at this point.   I would also say that the back ups were awesome against the Raiders but I would hazard a guess that says more about the Raiders then the us.  

3 hours ago, D82 said:

Watched him a little more closely on NFL+ for the last, idk, 40 minutes or so after seeing you post this.

Nothing he does really stands out. He is just smooth in his footwork, smooth with his hand work (most understated part of technique in football), and doesn't seem to outpower anyone but doesn't seem to be outpowered either. Down after down he just looked ... Bland. But reliably bland, if that makes sense. 

It's a good foundation to build upon for certain. And a good guy to have on the depth chart. But I'm not quite certain that if he lines up against a true starter, that his bland yet smooth play doesn't get Dak creamed. 

But thanks for posting this. It gave me a good reason to watch him better..and I'm pleasantly surprised at how it looks for his future. Get stronger, master that smooth footwork with a faster step, get used to having to use his hips (college blockers are often taught to keep hips square with their shoulders, where in the NFL if you do that, some athlete with no pass rush moves will still beat you for 3 sacks a game). And you know what, this kid could be onto a starter trajectory.

14 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Don’t know where else this should go. But as suspected, Dallas is the best drafting team in the league. 

https://x.com/jason_otc/status/1697004718432616615?s=46&t=syQHCiHezcvsa5TyL7hBlw

Sometimes I go back and look at out drafts from like ‘96-‘01 and it makes me so carefree about the occasional Kelvin Joseph today.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 2

On 8/31/2023 at 7:41 AM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Don’t know where else this should go. But as suspected, Dallas is the best drafting team in the league. 

https://x.com/jason_otc/status/1697004718432616615?s=46&t=syQHCiHezcvsa5TyL7hBlw

Idk, I think that list is a little skewed if it has NE in the top 5. They are notoriously bad at drafting and great at turning around the careers of cast offs, UDFAs and practice squad poaching. 

Most of those 71 mentioned are probably still kept around the league just because GMs think ' well belichick drafted them' 

10 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Idk, I think that list is a little skewed if it has NE in the top 5. They are notoriously bad at drafting and great at turning around the careers of cast offs, UDFAs and practice squad poaching. 

Most of those 71 mentioned are probably still kept around the league just because GMs think ' well belichick drafted them' 

...how is the qualifier you are adding relevant to skewing the data? This isn't suggesting they are the best players, nor that they were drafted at the right round, nor that a player may be a starter.