2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

3 minutes ago, MacReady said:

The Packers absolutely have their own metrics for positional value and adhere to principles that have been adopted and have worked for several decades.

To suggest they wouldn't stray from that for the right player is faulty. To suggest it doesn't exist is more faulty.

I have no doubt the Packers would draft a WR in the first round if they believed he was an exceptional player.

That possibility gets less and less the lower (first overall, second overall, etc) the pick is.

If you don't think the Packers weigh positional value the higher they are with their picks, there really is no point carrying on this conversation so it's best you just cease and desist, which is what I plan on doing. 

I'm sure they weigh positional value. Arguing that they don't rate WRs high enough to take one in the first round when they spent two second round picks on Watson though is strange.

I've always thought arguing any kind of hard and fast rules for drafting is stupid. 

The Packers surely won't take an off-ball linebacker high...until Quay. 

The Packers only take younger guys high...until Wyatt.

The Packers have very specific height/weight/speed thresholds...until Amari Rodgers and Josh Jackson.

There's an extremely limited sample size. It takes one pick to blow thresholds to ****.

• Like 1