2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

6 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Watson and reed certainly can be top 10 guys

Watson's ceiling is high if he can stay on the field, I said it's early but at this point I would say he isnt getting there. As for Reed, I like him but do you really see that ceiling for him?

Just now, JBURGE said:

Watson's ceiling is high if he can stay on the field, I said it's early but at this point I would say he isnt getting there. As for Reed, I like him but do you really see that ceiling for him?

I think you overrate how difficult it is to be a top 10 WR in any given year, and overrate how many WR's stay in that window for more than a few years.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I think you overrate how difficult it is to be a top 10 WR in any given year, and overrate how many WR's stay in that window for more than a few years.

This is kind of taking my argument off on a tangent. What I said was that I do not believe it is the best option to ignore WRs in the first round anymore, and I do not believe Gute is ignoring them anyone either. I used to agree with this, when WRs were not being paid like a premium position. Now that they are, it is now a position I am fine drafting in the first round. 

The last 4 years would also show the hit rate on 2nd round and later WRs is pretty poor, compared to first rounders. 

• Like 1

I don't think anyone has an issue with a round 1 WR (besides Outpost/Macready) but this isn't the year. Watson/Doubs/Reed/Wicks absolutely earned the right to take 100% of the snaps if healthy, and when hurt, Melton proved he's an absolutely capable replacement.

I have no issues talking about trading one of Doubs/Watson next year and dipping back in the WR pool in 2025, but there's no snaps for one this year.

• Like 2

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I don't think anyone has an issue with a round 1 WR (besides Outpost/Macready) but this isn't the year. Watson/Doubs/Reed/Wicks absolutely earned the right to take 100% of the snaps if healthy, and when hurt, Melton proved he's an absolutely capable replacement.

I have no issues talking about trading one of Doubs/Watson next year and dipping back in the WR pool in 2025, but there's no snaps for one this year.

This isn't the year for me either because I kind of hate the late 1st options. If there was an Aiyuk, or for me if BTJ fell to 25, I am all in 

This ☝️

Just now, JBURGE said:

This isn't the year for me either because I kind of hate the late 1st options. If there was an Aiyuk, or for me if BTJ fell to 25, I am all in 

Keon Coleman in the G would make my pants tight, but I've learned to move on from that one.

Keon Coleman in the G would make my pants tight, but I've learned to move on from that one.

I am not a Coleman guy, I don't think he can separate, and he also isn't what we really need imo. Would prefer a field stretcher. Franklin in the 3rd is the only realistic option I see. 

I see Keon being there at our later 2nd tbh, I have heard he may go later than people expect

Just now, JBURGE said:

I am not a Coleman guy, I don't think he can separate, and he also isn't what we really need imo. Would prefer a field stretcher. Franklin in the 3rd is the only realistic option I see. 

I see Keon being there at our later 2nd tbh, I have heard he may go later than people expect

No he's not going to separate in an ISO system, but the play speed and ball skills are fantastic, which is why a Shanny offense would make him a star. All about landing spot for him, 49ers should trade Aiyuk and take him late 1.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No he's not going to separate in an ISO system, but the play speed and ball skills are fantastic, which is why a Shanny offense would make him a star. All about landing spot for him, 49ers should trade Aiyuk and take him late 1.

He would fit more in the big slot Juaun Jennings role imo, not sure he replaces Aiyuk well. I think we have enough talent inside and could use an X (or Z)

Edited by JBURGE

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

He would fit more in the big slot Juaun Jennings role imo, not sure he replaces Aiyuk well. I think we have enough talent inside and could use an X (or Z)

Btw...it's good to see you posting again. Keep it up 👍

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Btw...it's good to see you posting again. Keep it up 👍

I will disappear once the draft is over lol this forum is far too argumentative for me. I'm too old

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

We're drafting #25, we aren't getting a impact player like BTJ would bring at 25  

Were getting Kevin King, Datone Jones, Vonnie Holiday, Demarius Randall, Sherrod, type talent.  

I'm all in on BTJ, but if Gute goes in another direction I'm good with that too. I'd like to see BTJ though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

We're drafting #25, we aren't getting a impact player like BTJ would bring at 25  

Were getting Kevin King, Datone Jones, Vonnie Holiday, Demarius Randall, Sherrod, type talent.  

I'm all in on BTJ, but if Gute goes in another direction I'm good with that too. I'd like to see BTJ though.

I mean, sure, if you want to be pessimistic about it