2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

Packers 1st
Jets 1st (or second if Rodgers plays less than 65% of snaps)
Packers 2nd
Packers 3rd
Packers 4th
Packers 5th
Packers 6th
Packers 7th

Cooper DeJean is the guy. Star special teams player in his first year, will bloom into a Hall of Fame safety/star/cash.

He's out there running routes, jumping routes, tracking the ball and I will cry if we don't draft him.

• Like 2

Just now, packfanfb said:

Gonna be wild when we have the 10th and 32nd picks in the first round but the 10th is the pick from the Jets...

If the Packers win the Super Bowl this year I will get a portrait of whichever QB helped us win the Super Bowl tattooed on my ***. Just their name actually because I’m cheap.

If it’s Love, I’ll do L on the left cheek and VE on the right cheek.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, MacReady said:

If the Packers win the Super Bowl this year I will get a portrait of whichever QB helped us win the Super Bowl tattooed on my ***. Just their name actually because I’m cheap.

Done!  I'll help cover the cost of a full portrait.  I'm sure some other posters will chip in to "Love your Azz".

12 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Well what’s the…?

Ohhh

• Like 2

Overthecap has GB projected to get 3 comp picks.

Lazard a 5th 

Reed a 6th

Lowry a 6th

Gutekunst noted in his press conference on those 24 picks (likely 11 total) on why he didn't ( consider) trading any 23 picks for future picks 

I guess it’s an OL rich draft. With 2 highly paid guys and plenty of developmental guys, it’s good we see what we’ve got this year.  I still would have liked for another decent prospect. Strong possibility of Bak and Yosh being out next year and will have to decide about Runyan.  Just stay healthy this year, guys. I want JLove to be throwing from the cleanest pocket we can get him. Next year reload with some top talent. 

Edited by Refugee

4 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

Packers gonna suck according to this

Don't think you understand why they are so high on the graphic. It's not because he is projecting them to suck. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

I guess it’s an OL rich draft. With 2 highly paid guys and plenty of developmental guys, it’s good we see what we’ve got this year.  I still would have liked for another decent prospect. Strong possibility of Bak and Yosh being out next year and will have to decide about Runyan.  Just stay healthy this year, guys. I want JLove to be throwing from the cleanest pocket we can get him. 

Gutekunst mentioned in his press conference that once the draft got I to day 3, a OL draft pick would have had a big challenge to make the roster.  That opened the opportunity for other positions getting players.

Bakhtiari, Jenkins, Myers, Runyan, Nijman, Tom, Rhyan, Walker, Newman .... is a pretty solid 9 in terms of experience and draft investment 

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Early mock I saw had GB picking like 8th. NYJ 27ish

Seems like a reasonable take at this point. If we can’t get to the playoffs, I want Love looking great losing some close ones while learning on the job and getting one more draft of low picks. All of that aside, I would much prefer we are good enough to fight our way into the playoffs and get him experience there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Refugee said:

Seems like a reasonable take at this point. If we can’t get to the playoffs, I want Love looking great losing some close ones while learning on the job and getting one more draft of low picks. All of that aside, I would much prefer we are good enough to fight our way into the playoffs and get him experience there. 

Fully agree.  Icing on the cake is Lazard puts up huge stats and Jets go 7-10.  Top 15 pick and maybe squeeze a 4th round comp from Lazard

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Gutekunst mentioned in his press conference that once the draft got I to day 3, a OL draft pick would have had a big challenge to make the roster.  That opened the opportunity for other positions getting players.

Bakhtiari, Jenkins, Myers, Runyan, Nijman, Tom, Rhyan, Walker, Newman .... is a pretty solid 9 in terms of experience and draft investment 

I saw that, too and it wasn’t just smoke. Very hard to crack this Oline as a late rounder. Even last year’s late rounders should have some seasoning.  As a ridiculous exercise of looking to next year, I think we take advantage of what could be a strong draft for OLine. 

Needs in 2024?

OL

After that, any position could be bolstered with a dominant BPA. We could always use a special player in the defensive front 7.

Running back and safety will be ready for attention, but that’s usually not R1 stuff.

2024 could be very busy trading down and then back up. I’m optimistic that we won’t need a lot of bodies.

I don’t even want to talk about the only conceivable reason why we’d be forced to trade up really really high.