Post Draft Talk (UDFA, thoughts, etc)

Ty21

3 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

I dont know if hes in the plans at all....he was the backup running back for the worst team in the league....and noted horrible blocker....why are we een saying he is anything?...and Homer is a JAG....I almost think Johnson starts mid-season

Herbert was the backup RB for the best rushing team in the league, averaged 5.7 ypc across 129 carries, and is more explosive than Foreman, Johnson or Homer. The idea that they wouldn’t have any use for him is a bit ridiculous. If he can learn to be even an adequate pass blocker (far from unreasonable) then he’s your best back, and if not at minimum he’s an early down rotational guy with juice. Foreman is a less efficient and older version of what Herbert brings as a runner, and has shown through 5 seasons to be somehow less capable than Herbert as a receiver. Homer is just a guy but was almost surely brought in as a ST guy and a passing down floor raiser. Barring injury I’m not sure he was gonna get 15 carries this year even before we drafted Johnson on Saturday. Adding 3 RBs this offseason almost certainly means Ebner is more competing for a PS spot in 2023 than a 53 man roster spot too. 

I’d contend that Herbert is probably the least impacted RB in our room by the addition of Johnson, and appears to me to have the most clearly defined role of all our RBs even if that role comes with seemingly clear limitations.

4 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

My CB argument is kind of similar...so the starting CB for the worst team in the league, who has never played a whole season is going to start and get a new contract?? Poles dont even know these dudes

I don’t disagree with you as much as others will about JJ’s merits for a contract extension, but “Poles dont even know these dudes”? That doesn’t even make sense with Poles now himself in his 2nd year with the team. Also, Poles himself just the other day inferred pretty strongly that he’d like to work out an extension with JJ.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ty21 said:

overhyping this guy in 3..2..

I was all in on Warren early in the process (fell in love with others more) but Houy flashed as well. He is smart and Nasty (borderline dirty?) with length and very heavy hands. He has just as heavy feet though, so to me his prospects as an OT (especially in this scheme) is limited, maybe an emergency Tackle while adding depth as an OG. Likely a P-Squad guy, but he could surprise. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Poles himself just the other day inferred pretty strongly that he’d like to work out an extension with JJ.

Now that were past the draft, its likely the next thing coming.

Im doubtful that one of the WRs are getting one before the end of the season (maybe they rework Moore's?) but Kmet might be the other to get something done this offseaon.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Now that were past the draft, its likely the next thing coming.

Im doubtful that one of the WRs are getting one before the end of the season (maybe they rework Moore's?) but Kmet might be the other to get something done this offseaon.

I'm hoping the next thing coming is signing one of the remaining pass rushers out there, and soon.