Post Draft Talk (UDFA, thoughts, etc)

Ty21

Don’t really have a centralized draft thoughts thread unless we keep posting in the day 3 thread. 

These UDFAs are reported to have signed

1. Deshun Kitchings, WR, Newberry 
  2. Damien Caffrey, TE, Stoney Brook 
  3. Aron Cruickshank, WR, Rutgers 
  4. Bobby Haskins, OT, USC 
  5. Nicholas Amoah, OL, University of California, Davis 
  6. Thyrick Pitts Jr., WR, Delaware 
  7. Lorenz Metz, OL, Cincinnati 
  8. Justin Broiles, DB, Oklahoma 
  9. Jalen Harris, DE, Arizona 
  10. Gabe Houy, OL Pitt 
  11. De’Jahn Warren, DB, Jackson State 
  12. Macon Clark, S, Tulane 
  13. Tyson Bagent, QB, Shepherd 
  14. Andre Szmyt, K, Syracuse 
  15. Micah Baskerville, LB, LSU 
  16. Robert Burns, RB, Connecticut 
  17. Callahan O’Reilly, LB, Montana State 

Rookie Camp Invites

1. Chris Toth, OT, Aurora 
  2. Josh Lugg, OL, Notre Dame 
  3. N’Kosi Perry, QB, FAU 
  4. Sammy Wheeler, TE/LS, Kansas State 
  5. Todd Simmons Jr., WR, Dubuque 
  6. Tre Wortham, CB, Connecticut 
  7. Bralen Trahan, DB, Lousianna 
  8. Dominic Quewon, LB, Southern Miss 
  9. D’Jordan Strong, DB, Coastal Carolina 
  10. Danny Kittner, WR, University of Mary 
  11. Jadan Blue, WR, Virginia Tech 
  12. Desmond Bessent, OL, University of Buffalo 
  13. De’Anthony Jones, EDGE, Houston 
  14. Donny Navarro, WR, Northwestern 

Saw this question posted on Reddit: if you can choose any one non-FRP to be a solid starter for us, who would you go with? Gervon Dexter is the obvious choice. But Roschon or Tyler being good are very tempting 

55 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Don’t really have a centralized draft thoughts thread unless we keep posting in the day 3 thread. 

These UDFAs are reported to have signed 

1. Tyson Bagent, QB, Shepherd 
  2. Andre Szmyt, K, Syracuse 
  3. Micah Baskerville, LB, LSU 

These are the only guys I think have a shot to make it to camp...

As usual with UDFA the Eagles made out like bandits but the only team who might have done even better is Tampa...

Syracuse RB Sean Tucker

Indiana OT Luke Haggard

Iowa S Kaevon Merriweather

Maryland WR Rakim Jarrett

Virginia Tech OL Silas Dzansi

Tennessee LB Jeremy Banks

Rutgers S Christian Izien

All those guys could have been drafted in the later round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Callahan O'Reilly is like a remake of Tommy Boy except O'Reilly Auto Parts tries to buy out Callahan

You can get a good look at a linebacker’s *** by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?

• Like 1

On 4/30/2023 at 9:53 PM, HuskieBear said:

i dont recognize any of those names except donny navarro and thats only because he played at illinois

I only knew three lol: Josh Lugg, Dejahn Warren, Tyson Bagent. Warren might be the only one of the ones I know worth watching 

On 4/30/2023 at 1:55 PM, Ty21 said:

Saw this question posted on Reddit: if you can choose any one non-FRP to be a solid starter for us, who would you go with? Gervon Dexter is the obvious choice. But Roschon or Tyler being good are very tempting 

I think Roschon, I was listening to Hoge and Jahns and they basically kind of said they think the fans like Herbert way more than the actual Bears...

I feel like this whole offseason I have been disagreeing with bears fans about how much this front office likes guys.....like I know we traded down but this team was the worst in the league....like after the Texans haha.....I dont think the new Bears front office are like super hype on the fan favorites from the worst team in the league

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I think Roschon, I was listening to Hoge and Jahns and they basically kind of said they think the fans like Herbert way more than the actual Bears...

I feel like this whole offseason I have been disagreeing with bears fans about how much this front office likes guys.....like I know we traded down but this team was the worst in the league....like after the Texans haha.....I dont think the new Bears front office are like super hype on the fan favorites from the worst team in the league

I think they really like Herbert as a COP back but I think they are also likely frustrated that he’s subpar in the passing game as both a blocker and receiver. Johnson has a lot of the same qualities Monty has, and despite Herbert being the far more explosive runner he stayed second fiddle to Monty all of last year. 

• Like 2

Since I’m bored I’m gonna run through the NFL’s UDFA’s and see which team has the most guys I’ve heard of. 

ARI 2: Demarcado, Jacob Slade

ATL 1: Enechukwu

BAL 2: Keaton Mitchell, Dontay Demus

BUF 4: Jordan Mims, Jalen Wayne, DJ Dale, Taron Vincent

CAR 4: Cam Peoples, Jalen Redmond, Bumper Pool, Rejzohn Wright

CIN 5: Jaxson Kirkland, Devonnsha Maxwell, Shaka Heyward, Max Hippenhammer, Jaylen Moody

CLE 3: Diabate, Charlie Thomas, Ronnie Hickman

DAL 7: Luepke, Moreno-Cropper, TJ Bass, Earl Bostick, Isaiah Land, Tyrus Wheat, David Durden

DEN 3: Dallas Daniels, PJ Mustipher, Thomas Incoom

DET 6: Mohamed Ibrahim, Keytaon Thompson, Connor Galvin, Chris Smith, Starling Thomas, Brandon Joseph

GB 2: Malik Heath, Justin Ademilola 

HOU 2: Xavian Valladay, Ali Gaye

IND 1: Emil Ekiyor

JAX 2: Jaray Jenkins, Jayson Ademilola

KC 3: Deneric Prince, Nikko Remigio, Cam Jones

LV 2: McClendon Curtis, Dalton Wagner

LAC 2: Jerrod Clark, Brevin Allen

LAR 4: Xavier Smith, Tiyon Evans, Quindell Johnson, Rashad Torrence

MIA 2: Aubrey Miller, Michael Turk

MIN 3: Andre Carter, Ivan Pace, Jack Podlesny

NE 2: Malik Cunningham, Johnny Lumpkin

NO 3: SaRodrick Thomson, Anfernee Orji, Blake Gruden

NYG 3: Tommy DeVito, Bryce Ford Wheaton, Hanukkah Baldonado

NYJ 5: Travis Dye, Jason Brownlee, Xavier Gipson, Deslin Alexandre, Trey Dean

PHI 4: Jason Haselwood, Joseph Ngata,  Mekhi Garner, Eli Ricks

PIT 1: Tanner Morgan

SF 2: Khalan Laborn, Ilm Manning

SEA 6: Jake Bobo, CJ Johnson, Matt Landers, Noah Gindorff, Jack Coan, Bo Bauer

TB 4: Sean Tucker, Rakim Jarrett, Kade Warner, Kaevon Merriweather

TEN 4: Jacob Copeland, Kearis Jackson, John Ojukwu, Caleb Murphy

WAS 2: Mitchell Tinsley, Xavier Henderson

Of these, I’m most envious of DAL, LAR, NYG, PHI, and SEA. Maybe TEN for Murphy alone lol. I figure Seattle hurts the board the most since a few of you loved CJ Johnson and Matt Landers and I loved Gindorff (others did too i think)

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think they really like Herbert as a COP back but I think they are also likely frustrated that he’s subpar in the passing game as both a blocker and receiver. Johnson has a lot of the same qualities Monty has, and despite Herbert being the far more explosive runner he stayed second fiddle to Monty all of last year. 

I dont know if hes in the plans at all....he was the backup running back for the worst team in the league....and noted horrible blocker....why are we een saying he is anything?...and Homer is a JAG....I almost think Johnson starts mid-season

My CB argument is kind of similar...so the starting CB for the worst team in the league, who has never played a whole season is going to start and get a new contract?? Poles dont even know these dudes

13 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I dont know if hes in the plans at all....he was the backup running back for the worst team in the league....and noted horrible blocker....why are we een saying he is anything?...and Homer is a JAG....I almost think Johnson starts mid-season

My CB argument is kind of similar...so the starting CB for the worst team in the league, who has never played a whole season is going to start and get a new contract?? Poles dont even know these dudes

Would be cool if JJ got a contract that paid based on games played