Grade Your Team's 2023 Draft Picks

Daniel

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

That would be the worst thing they could do. Sapp is a bonafide *******. and an all around digenerant human being. There is a reason the Bucs have disassociated themselves from him over the years. Even most of his former teammates don't want anything to do with him. 

Don't want my rookie DT being around the early 2000's version of Antonio Brown.

That's your opinion, not mine. A) Washington/Ron Rivera seems to be ok with him working with their defensive lineman B) It doesn't have to be under the guidelines of the Buccaneers, he can be like any camp guy giving prospects tips. C) If you know Sapp like you say you do, you know the one thing that he doesn't waver on is defensive line play, he takes that very seriously. D) You act as if people can't change, he could teach a lot to a young man about the potential pitfalls of being a successful pro as well as loads of positional knowledge. It all depends on your perspective.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

1.9 || DT Jalen Carter - A
On potential alone, probably the best prospect in the Draft. We should have everything around for him to have his best chance to succeed, but only time will tell.

1.30 || EDGE Nolan Smith - A-
Super talented and athletic player. Not sure how we plan on using him yet while Reddick is still around, but long term fantastic move.

3 || G Tyler Steen - B
May have been a bit of a reach overall, but he has the size and potential. When you have the best OLine coach in the league you just trust him.

3 || S Syndey Brown - A-
Just a very good player, his height could be a bit better, but other than that no complaints from me. Great character, great heart, and competitiveness. Expect him to be a starter by season's end.

4 || CB Kelee Ringo - A
Another player that was falling and has huge potential. Only 20 years old and probably doesn't need to play significant time for 2 years. 2 years that he can develop and be 22-23 by the time he will be a full time refined starter.

6 || QB Tanner McKee - C
Have Hurts, Mariota, and Ian Book. While I saw him listed as high as QB5 by some in this draft, he doesn't really offer the mobility of Hurts or Mariota. I'm sure we'd be able to adjust our system accordingly if for some reason we knew he was going to be our starter for an extended period of time in 2024/2025. But I don't expect this pick to amount to much, regardless of what Tanner is or isn't capable of.

7 || DT Moro Ojomo - B
Another guy who slid a fair amount. A bit undersized, reminds me of a player we already have in Milton Williams, but this could turn into a solid depth Interior DLineman.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

7 || DT Moro Ojomo - B
Another guy who slid a fair amount. A bit undersized, reminds me of a player we already have in Milton Williams, but this could turn into a solid depth Interior DLineman.

If he ends up on the practice squad, he is 100% getting stolen.

• Like 1

1-9 Jalen Carter DT - A
He's probably got conditioning concerns, just like Jordan Davis, but the talent is obvious. We also gave up less than I thought we would have to in the trade up, even though it was just 1 spot. Not too worried about his character. 

1-30 Nolan Smith EDGE - C
He's a giant project as a pass rusher, imo. I would actually like the pick more if we took him to be an off-ball LB that just blitzes a lot, like Devin White. Can't deny he's a ridiculous athlete with some nice leadership intangibles, but as a pass rusher specifically I basically see him as a smaller Dion Jordan- not a more athletic Reddick.

2-65 Tyler Steen OL - B as an OG prospect/C+ as an OT prospect
I like Steen as a quality interior OL prospect (although I wish he was an inch or two shorter for leverage purposes vs NFL DT's), but his length doesn't give me a ton of hope for him as a potential Lane replacement/Swing tackle. He looked smoother than most of his peers at the Senior Bowl and held up really well in 1 on 1's, and his combine shuttle time backs up that he should have potential on pulls, which the Eagles are quite fond of. I think his size gives him the leg up on Jurgens to be our starting RG, but Jurgens is a better athlete. Interesting camp battle.

3-66 Sydney Brown S - A
I loved this pick. Sydney has to become a more reliable tackler, but he has great movement skills and the right mindset to be a Safety in Philly. Showed at the Senior Bowl he can stick with most dudes 1 on 1 down the field, and potentially become reliable at covering slot WRs. Not surprised if he starts at some point this season, and not just in 3 safety sets. No question he has to stop going for "hits" vs tackles before he's ready for that starting spot though.

4-105 Kelee Ringo DB - B+
At the point in the draft where we took him, it's kinda hard to knock this pick. Obviously still very young and should improve, but some of his footwork transitions at the combine were a little too stiff/clunky for my tastes. Not sure if he might be a better S prospect than CB. If he can smooth out his footwork and hips a bit, he's likely a solid #2 CB.

6-188 Tanner McKee QB - C
I won't totally destroy this pick, because we needed a 3rd QB and the picking were slim, but meh. I get that his OL was absolute doodoo, and his deep ball is good, but meh.

7-249 Moro Ojomo DT - A-
Ojomo in round 7? Yes please. I love me some shrine bowl studs, and Ojomo was by most accounts (that I read) the most impressive DT during Shrine Bowl practices (some had Kobie Turner being a little better, but majority seemed to say Ojomo stuck out positively the most), and then tested nicely at the combine. Would have loved this pick even if it was round 5. Not saying Ojomo is going to be anything, but there is certainly potential there for him to be more than just a guy. Unlike Milton Williams, he has 34 1/2" arms and weighs about 12 lbs more. He might be our DT3 next year.

Edited by Jeezla

39 minutes ago, Danger said:

1.9 || DT Jalen Carter - A
On potential alone, probably the best prospect in the Draft. We should have everything around for him to have his best chance to succeed, but only time will tell.

1.30 || EDGE Nolan Smith - A-
Super talented and athletic player. Not sure how we plan on using him yet while Reddick is still around, but long term fantastic move.

3 || G Tyler Steen - B
May have been a bit of a reach overall, but he has the size and potential. When you have the best OLine coach in the league you just trust him.

3 || S Syndey Brown - A-
Just a very good player, his height could be a bit better, but other than that no complaints from me. Great character, great heart, and competitiveness. Expect him to be a starter by season's end.

4 || CB Kelee Ringo - A
Another player that was falling and has huge potential. Only 20 years old and probably doesn't need to play significant time for 2 years. 2 years that he can develop and be 22-23 by the time he will be a full time refined starter.

6 || QB Tanner McKee - C
Have Hurts, Mariota, and Ian Book. While I saw him listed as high as QB5 by some in this draft, he doesn't really offer the mobility of Hurts or Mariota. I'm sure we'd be able to adjust our system accordingly if for some reason we knew he was going to be our starter for an extended period of time in 2024/2025. But I don't expect this pick to amount to much, regardless of what Tanner is or isn't capable of.

7 || DT Moro Ojomo - B

We're fairly samesies, but I'm obviously much lower on Nolan, and higher on Ojomo.

46 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

More athletic Mathieu in round 3 = A-?

He's gotta be more athletic Derwin to merit a straight up A?

The reason it's not an A is 

1. Height does leave something to be desired but shouldn't be anything that holds him back ultimately.
2. I want to see more of him in deep coverage to see just how flexible he is as a complete all around safety. My understanding right now is that he's ok at it, but it's something he ought to improve at.