Post Draft - What would you have done

Sllim Pickens

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

He was 23/25 on FG; 56/56 in XP in 2021

Noah Ruggles was 20/21 on FG and 74/74 on XP in 2021 and 17/20 and 74/75 on XP in 2022.  I think I'd take Ruggles of the two still but both are worse than Badgley and thats with wider goal posts and 20 yard XPs instead of 35 yard XPs.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Noah Ruggles was 20/21 on FG and 74/74 on XP in 2021 and 17/20 and 74/75 on XP in 2022.  I think I'd take Ruggles of the two still but both are worse than Badgley and thats with wider goal posts and 20 yard XPs instead of 35 yard XPs.  

I wonder what the distances are on those misses? That makes a difference to me.

17 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

Food for thought:

Moody's 2022 FG percentage: 82.9% (29-35)

Michael Badgley's 2022 FG %: 85.7% (24-28)

https://detroitsportsnation.com/detroit-lions-contract-for-michael-badgley-is-telling/wgbrady/nfl-lions/detroit-lions-analysis-opinion/03/19/2023/399669/

contract sure does not scream the management has Badgley in high regard 

43 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I wonder what the distances are on those misses? That makes a difference to me.

Moody has a longer kick, 59 compared to 49 so I guess there is that. Also I guess Ruggles 20/21 was in 2021.  He was 17/20 last year

Moody was 9/10 20-29, 10/10 30-39, 7/8 40-49, 3-7 50+

Ruggles was 5/5 20-29, 6/7 30-39, 7/7 40/49, 0/2 50+

So I guess Moody has a stronger leg and accurate from further but neither are worth a third round pick IMO.  

Chad Ryland of Maryland, formerly at EMU, would have been the one to get if spending an early pick.  

10 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

There are a couple kickers coming out next year that could be pretty good.  Harrison Mevia of Mizzou, John Hoyland of Wyoming, and Josh Karty of Stanford.  Karty had a rough sophomore year but was 18/18 last year with a 61 yarder.  

You know it's the offseason when we're looking at 2024 kickers. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

You know it's the offseason when we're looking at 2024 kickers. 

Haha.  I just know that good kickers are hard to come by and anyone hoping we upgrade at this point are likely going to be disappointed, at least in that if we do it will be not likely be a significant change to Badgley.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Haha.  I just know that good kickers are hard to come by and anyone hoping we upgrade at this point are likely going to be disappointed, at least in that if we do it will be not likely be a significant change to Badgley.  

Totally fair.

I'm doing a deep dive on 2024 QB's although with the selection of Hooker, I'm not sure how much we'll be looking at QB's next year. 

15 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Totally fair.

I'm doing a deep dive on 2024 QB's although with the selection of Hooker, I'm not sure how much we'll be looking at QB's next year. 

I think if we are looking at QB next year it means Goff was bad and we missed the playoffs so I hope that doesn't happen.  It would be interesting to see some of the top projected guys for next year though and what advanced metrics show now and then compare to their year this year.  A lot of guys tend to fall out of the top QB mix throughout the year and there is always a surprise guy brought in like Hooker this year.  

I do like a few guys who went back like KJ Jefferson and Bo Nix and think they will go higher than currently projected.  Sort of like Levis did after being a 3rd/4th prospect last year.  I am not as high on Penix but he could really move up my board this year.  Also will be interesting to see Sanders at CU this year against tougher competition. 

6 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Is the contract more telling then management not bringing in a K via the draft for UDFA?