Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

3 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

If Rodgers let's the play develop instead of focusing solely on Adams, it's an easy read. At the :07 mark, less than 3 seconds into the play, it's obvious Lazard will be open over the middle. 

if anything he held the ball to long and should have thrown to ESB as Vegas said.

we'll have to agree to disagree, my idea of depth at receiver seems far different then most of you, as soon as Nelson lost that season my next draft would have amounted to a receiver in round two again to replace him, Cobb was also in decline, so I would have used a 2nd on another a year or two later, if ya don't have bullets, the gun don't shoot., and no way I'am loading MVS into any chamber lol.

and I don't like Rodgers personally, not sure how anyone came to the conclusion I did, I simply don't agree with the avenue to greatness our GM's have used the last 7 years prior to the 2022 draft building this team

Edited by turf toe

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Well, since his eyes never left Adams from the time the ball was snapped, it's obvious where he was going. 

You need to stop while you are way behind on this one. Your blind defense of Rodgers is shameless. Also, you seem to be new around here and @StatKingand his other screen name seems to have disappeared. Coincidence? I think not. 

never heard of the guy, and whats shameful is thinking what we had at WR between 2016 and now has been sufficient and Rodgers is to blame for the 2020 and 2021 PO losses, you and no one else here would ever convince me of that.

imho the biggest reasons we lost PO games has to do with defense and special teams coupled with player mistakes that normally do happen to every team, cept they had better performing defense and ST's, and that helped those teams over come those player mistakes.

players, all players, screw up, drop passes, throw picks, fumble, miss blocks, FG's etc, and more talent always trumps less talent

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Well, since his eyes never left Adams from the time the ball was snapped, it's obvious where he was going. 

You need to stop while you are way behind on this one. Your blind defense of Rodgers is shameless. Also, you seem to be new around here and @StatKingand his other screen name seems to have disappeared. Coincidence? I think not. 

It's the off season. There's nothing to talk about that hasn't been discussed a thousand times.

3 hours ago, StatKing said:

People on this forum acting like they know the reads of any given play will always amuse me.

What is funnier is people who act like a quarterback should not go through his progressions. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

What is funnier is people who act like a quarterback should not go through his progressions. 

You guys are still talking about one play from 2 years ago. The man lives rent free in Packers fans heads. Just move on.

20 hours ago, pf9 said:

I'm rooting for Rodgers to fail so hard that he won't finish the season as the starter, instead the Jets would trade for Cooper Rush in order to turn things around.

20 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Slow your roll here a minute. He needs to play enough for us to get that FRP. Otherwise, I enjoy the sentiment with one caveat. I'd rather they trade for Mitch Trubisky to replace him. 

Nope.  I'm solidly in the camp of hoping that he plays all season.  Let's see where the W's and L's come from.

I'm not bitter than he isn't here.  I'm not even bitter about what he didn't do here.  It is what it is.

I want to see how his game translates to a new team with new teammates AND a defensive minded head coach.  For years I've thought how wonderful it would be if we had a real strong DC or a head coach calling the defense.

Rodgers was going to score enough with how he ran an offense.  What we needed, for a long time, was defense.  And it was obvious that just drafting guys wasn't getting it done.

So here we are.  I'm very interested to see how Rodgers does.  I'm to the point where I feel like he just can't lose games for them.  And that is right up his alley.

20 hours ago, turf toe said:

if anything he held the ball to long and should have thrown to ESB as Vegas said.

we'll have to agree to disagree, my idea of depth at receiver seems far different then most of you, as soon as Nelson lost that season my next draft would have amounted to a receiver in round two again to replace him, Cobb was also in decline, so I would have used a 2nd on another a year or two later, if ya don't have bullets, the gun don't shoot., and no way I'am loading MVS into any chamber lol.

and I don't like Rodgers personally, not sure how anyone came to the conclusion I did, I simply don't agree with the avenue to greatness our GM's have used the last 7 years prior to the 2022 draft building this team

Hey, if you are going to mention me, do the @vegas492 thingie, so I'll see it.

I don't take offense to it, or you or any of your thoughts at all.

But in terms of going to ESB on that play?  Man, that is a tough one to get to, from a read perspective.  It should go Adams, Lazard, ESB.  And that ESB is tough because if you read double on Adams with the safety, then you should instantly know that the open read is Lazard coming right into the line of sight with Adams.

To get it to ESB, the QB needs to turn, find the safety and see where they are in relation to ESB.

In other words?  Yah, it's a big play waiting to happen and also a much more difficult read.  Rodgers made a crap ton of those reads and plays throughout his career, so yeah, he probably could have done it.

But, I'm not going to sit here and criticize him at all for not going to ESB.  The criticism is not going to Lazard, as that was the easy second option.  Very easy read and pitch.

Regardless of you feel about Rodgers, good or bad or neutral, on this specific play, he really screwed up.  And that happens.  It just shouldn't to a reigning MVP in a big game.  Those should be gimmies.

20 hours ago, turf toe said:

I feel like you are using revisionist history concerning Cobb.  I've written about this before.  Cobb only produced in the scramble drill.  If you look at his big season, about 70% of his yards came off of scramble drills.

But I digress.

Concerning the drafting of the WR's, if you look at the history at WR, GB seemed to always have a "next guy up" thing with WR's.  One declines, another emerges.  

Ages were staggered so when the end was near for one, the next guy up would have 2-3 years of great play, then decline and next guy up.

The real tragedy concerning Nelson and Cobb was that Cobb got NFL old really quick, despite his age.  Cobb should have had his run as #1 for a year or two then it should have been 'Vante taking it from him.  And it just didn't work out that way.

And it's funny now, because Watson, Doubs, Reed, Wicks, Musgrave and Kraft are all going to be mega-stars together.  :)

15 hours ago, StatKing said:

People on this forum acting like they know the reads of any given play will always amuse me.

If you've ever played football, you can make a read. 

It's really not that hard.  

Remember the Rams game a few years ago?  We were on the goalline going in?  'Vante went in motion across the formation.  You telling me you didn't know he was going to run a speed out for a TD when the defender was man on man and trailing him?  (thinking it was Ramsey)

If you didn't know that throw was coming, you are in the very vast minority of fans who didn't.

11 hours ago, StatKing said:

You guys are still talking about one play from 2 years ago. The man lives rent free in Packers fans heads. Just move on.

Because it was a microcosm of Rodgers career for the past 6-7 years.

Especially that game.

Dude couldn't win a big game anymore.  We all wanted more from Rodgers.  And what he wanted was to be the league's MVP and highest paid QB...after he won his one title.  His regular season stats became more important to him than anything else.

We wanted more titles to get him into the conversation as the GOAT.  

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Because it was a microcosm of Rodgers career for the past 6-7 years.

Especially that game.

Dude couldn't win a big game anymore.  We all wanted more from Rodgers.  And what he wanted was to be the league's MVP and highest paid QB...after he won his one title.  His regular season stats became more important to him than anything else.

We wanted more titles to get him into the conversation as the GOAT.  

there is no way you can blame any of our PO losses on Rodgers, not when we've had the worst ST's in the league and havn't been able to stop teams from running the ball down our throats, and QB's can't over come stuff like that with just one excellent receiver, zipo at TE and a RB that fumbles, or the countless other mis cues that have happened in every play off loss, blaming Rodgers is what lazy fans do

46 minutes ago, turf toe said:

there is no way you can blame any of our PO losses on Rodgers, not when we've had the worst ST's in the league and havn't been able to stop teams from running the ball down our throats, and QB's can't over come stuff like that with just one excellent receiver, zipo at TE and a RB that fumbles, or the countless other mis cues that have happened in every play off loss, blaming Rodgers is what lazy fans do

I've got to ask you a question to see if you have any intellectual honesty whatsoever. 

If someone had told you we'd hold the 49ers to 10 points, would you have expected your MVP quarterback to get you enough points to win? Would you have expected a blowout win? 

For reference we scored 3 points in the opening game debacle against NO and 17 in a 17-0 shutout of Seattle. Those are the only two time we scored less than 24 points the entire season. Including beating the 49ers 30-28 in week 3. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, turf toe said:

Seek help.