2023 Prospects who fell, why, and do the concerns matter?

General Tso

On 5/4/2023 at 10:15 AM, Ragnarok said:

I love Darnell Washington as a prospect and hated to see him fall.  Sounded like some knee swelling at the combine scared teams off.

New #Steelers TE Darnell Washington would have gone much higher than late-third round but "medical zonked him," as one scout said. Knee is a concern, and might not be only one, depending on the team. But as that same scout added, 'It's laughable. He will play a long time."

Also, there were reports of extremely vague character concerns, but no one ever had any more than that.

Dude was in the running to be a permanent team captain his last year at UGA. Definitely no character concerns there. Really hard worker and just a fun guy to talk to for interviews as well from what the UGA coverage guys I know have said.

Now Medicals? That makes a heckuva lot more sense for him. He had multiple knee issues at UGA and in HS.

Edited by scar988

Dawand Jones has looked very good for Cleveland in the preseason. Said he left Senior bowl after day 1 due to concussion and didn't work out at OSU pro day due to toe injury.

Kayshon Boutte seems to be having a good preseason for the Patriots after dropping in the draft.

Darnell Washington is looking like a rookie TE learning how to run routes.  He is a great blocker.  I think people had him ranked too high based on a combine scores and not his tape.  3rd round was the right place to draft him.

IMHO, Dawand Jones is going to be a dominate RT in this league for years but I also thought he was a back of the 1st or top of the 2nd player.

Edited by jebrick

• 2 weeks later...