2023 Rookie Minicamp / OTAs / Training Camp

Leader

11 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It was a joke, not a ****, don't take it so hard. 

I don’t doubt it was a joke, but sometimes people just need a small opening to jump head first into that **** and monopolize the thread 

Edited by Bcv
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, GBPFan said:

If you have to explain a joke then it isn't funny.

Wrong.

Two penguins are sitting in a tub. One penguin asks, “Can you pass the soap?” The other penguin responds, “What do I look like, a typewriter?”

17 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Wrong.

Two penguins are sitting in a tub. One penguin asks, “Can you pass the soap?” The other penguin responds, “What do I look like, a typewriter?”

Actually, you just proved my point.

No politics, no religion seems to be a pretty universal rule for keeping things from going up in flames, mods or not.  Also making a biased/bigoted/controversial statement and then when someone responds in offense, saying “it’s just a joke, jeez “ is a cop out. Own it. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. I didn't have to explain the joke. Nowhere did I explain the joke. Did you read?

2. That's ridiculous. All sorts of jokes are hilarious that *** don't understand. 

It's worse than that, you had to explain that it was (an attempt at) a joke.

34 minutes ago, Refugee said:

No politics, no religion seems to be a pretty universal rule for keeping things from going up in flames, mods or not.  Also making a biased/bigoted/controversial statement and then when someone responds in offense, saying “it’s just a joke, jeez “ is a cop out. Own it. 

Bigoted?

Jesus Christ, is there anything you people won't cry about as being offensive. 

As far as owning it, yes, I made the joke. I'm starting to wonder though if all the whining is an example of the lady doth protesting too much?

Guilty conscience?

42 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bigoted?

Jesus Christ, is there anything you people won't cry about as being offensive. 

As far as owning it, yes, I made the joke. I'm starting to wonder though if all the whining is an example of the lady doth protesting too much?

Guilty conscience?

You could look up the definition of the word but there were 3 options, that’s the one you chose so if the shoe fits, wear it. 

What I’m saying is we are all just strangers on the internet talking sports. Let’s keep it that way. Bringing politics into it is a sure fire way to kick a hornets nest and even a 3rd grader might understand that. I’ve got plenty of “jokes” about the current state of politics, some that likely would not sit well with you.  This isn’t the place for that, get it?

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 2

Just now, Refugee said:

You could look up the definition of the word but there were 3 options, that’s the one you chose so if the shoe fits, wear it. 

What I’m saying is we are all just strangers on the internet talking sports. Let’s keep it that way. Bringing politics into it is a sure fire way to kick a hornets nest and even and grader might understand that. I’ve got plenty of “jokes” about the current state of politics, some that likely would not sit well with you.  This isn’t the place for that, get it?

There were 3 options, all of which you felt applied. So, no, screw off. You accused me of being a bigot. That's a personal attack and that's also against the rules. You evidently don't have a problem with the rules being broken, you're pissy that somebody made a harmless joke that you were the butt of. 

• Like 1