2023 Rookie Minicamp / OTAs / Training Camp

Leader

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

Having a 6th lineman in there for heavy sets was something I was hoping could happen without the Big Dog.  Tom seems like he has the feet/quickness for it but he should be a starter.  Could be Nijman who has good feet for a giant but hopefully has enough bust to get off of the line and cause some problems on the edge.

One wonders if any of the likely candidates(Yosh/Walker/Rhyan/Jones) has any sort of sneaky athletic history outside of OL or even football at some lower level. I ask because there's a potential Munoz/Penn dynamic in play.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

One wonders if any of the likely candidates(Yosh/Walker/Rhyan/Jones) has any sort of sneaky athletic history outside of OL or even football at some lower level. I ask because there's a potential Munoz/Penn dynamic in play.

I have no idea, but I know one thing: feels good to watch a big man dance  Hope we can get one of the fat boys into the endzone this year.

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

I have no idea, but I know one thing: feels good to watch a big man dance  Hope we can get one of the fat boys into the endzone this year.

I guess, but I am still seething that they did the stupid TD pass to Bakhtiari against the Loins when we have Jones and Dillon available to, you know, run.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I guess, but I am still seething that they did the stupid TD pass to Bakhtiari against the Loins when we have Jones and Dillon available to, you know, run.

I hated that, too. Mostly because it didn’t work and if he had gotten one like Tausch I would have been ecstatic. The trouble with that one was it felt forced at a time when, right or wrong, many people questioned if the QB or the HC were calling plays. That one felt like “let’s get one with my good buddy” vs. just taking the best available play. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I hated that, too. Mostly because it didn’t work and if he had gotten one like Tausch I would have been ecstatic. The trouble with that one was it felt forced at a time when, right or wrong, many people questioned if the QB or the HC were calling plays. That one felt like “let’s get one with my good buddy” vs. just taking the best available play. 

To me the problem with that one was that he was on a bum knee. Even if it worked, his value is at tackle. Dont risk swelling over goofy stuff.

But it was designed for qb morale and buy in more than points. 

19 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Image result for Pay the man meme

Get it done before Bosa blows the lid off highest EDGE payday. 

Ageism cited.

Gary blows a knee, practices two or three times, PAY HIM!!!!

But don't pay Bakh, he's only recovered from his injury and played in (checks notes) 11 games out of 11 games that he was healthy in the prior year.

7 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Ageism cited.

Gary blows a knee, practices two or three times, PAY HIM!!!!

But don't pay Bakh, he's only recovered from his injury and played in (checks notes) 11 games out of 11 games that he was healthy in the prior year.

Absolutely correct! It's also legal in the NFL as opposed to the normal workplace where it is supposed to be illegal. 

And Bak still can't practice on a regular bases. 

On 8/25/2023 at 4:26 PM, Old Guy said:

Absolutely correct! It's also legal in the NFL as opposed to the normal workplace where it is supposed to be illegal. 

And Bak still can't practice on a regular bases. 

You sure he can't practice, or that we are being careful in monitoring his practice?  Because he doesn't need live reps.  Jones and Walker do.  And those dividends are paying off right now.

Packers probably aren't gonna pay Gary until around the bye week.  They need to see him return to play successfully.  It's how they operate.

Unless they think they are getting a deal that they think bakes in some injury discount, which I'm sure Gary will wait on.