Roullier Released

RSkinGM

To be expected, but still a sad development. He was quite a revelation for us, and it’s a shame that injuries derailed a very promising career. Perhaps he’ll get things back on track elsewhere — someone should absolutely take a look on a “prove it” deal. 

Looks to save us about $8.3M against this year’s cap (will cost us $4M in dead cap on next year’s cap, however). Should open things up for paying the rookies and perhaps a veteran LB or OT. Once Norwell gets canned, that will open up another $4.4M or so, which means we’ll be pretty set for this offseason.

18 minutes ago, e16bball said:

To be expected, but still a sad development. He was quite a revelation for us, and it’s a shame that injuries derailed a very promising career. Perhaps he’ll get things back on track elsewhere — someone should absolutely take a look on a “prove it” deal. 

Looks to save us about $8.3M against this year’s cap (will cost us $4M in dead cap on next year’s cap, however). Should open things up for paying the rookies and perhaps a veteran LB or OT. Once Norwell gets canned, that will open up another $4.4M or so, which means we’ll be pretty set for this offseason.

Or for an extension 👀

It sucks, but it was the right move. You can't pay a player $12 mil coming off two season-ending injuries. His and Larsen’s injuries the last two years really hurt our offensive line. When  put top 2 centers were healthy the last 2 years one offense looked a lot better.

I’m pulling for Ricky Stromburg to be the answer at center and for Gates or Larsen to be cut. I'd rather have the long-term answer settled in rather than a stopgap. 

On 5/5/2023 at 2:06 PM, e16bball said:

Should open things up for paying the rookies and perhaps a veteran LB or OT. Once Norwell gets canned, that will open up another $4.4M or so, which means we’ll be pretty set for this offseason.

I don't see any of this happening. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would think if we were going to cut any of our expensive $5 mil & over veterans that we would've done that already so we could sign younger FAs.

There have been a few LBs available this entire off-season, River, JDR & the Marty’s chose Cody Barton to be the starter next to Jamin Davis while once again not even drafting a late-round LB. It's pretty clear that they're comfortable with Mayo being the backup Mike & short yardage LB when we go with a 4-3 and they’re banking on Milo Eifler and Khaleke Hudson or, Milo OR Hudson taking the next step in their development to be more than just special teams guys and be a reliable reserve LB behind or on the opposite side of Jamin on the outside should we go w/ 3 LBs with two of them being true outside guys.

I don't know who they’d cut Lucas for to bring in as a 3rd OT & they just drafted Braden Daniels who has experience at OT & OG just like Cosmi & Saahdiq Charles. There’s a question IMO as to if Lucas even makes the team if Charles, Cosmi & Daniels play well this training camp & preseason.

Edited by turtle28