Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

My question is when do the teammates not say that their quarterback is awesome in during this time of year. Even when there's a qb battle you'll see teammates say that they're both are awesome. Come on people. 

49ers players loved Jimmy.

15 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly.  I also love on Twitter how people cherry pick a play of some undrafted player making a spectacular catch then hype him up as some "undiscovered" stud when the odds are the guy wont even make the team.  Many people fall for that stuff which is quite remarkable.  

Specifically this one gets me every year. The guy has to make the team first before he can make an impact lol. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m not the biggest jm/dz fan or jimmy lol by a few hundred thousand miles but maxx is real as they come. You could see his expression went from somber talking about jj8 to juiced talking about jimmy. If you watch practice videos they spent a lot of time stretching near eachother talking. If jimmy gonna be leader of the offense gotta connect with leader of the defense 

Here's the unbiased objective point of view; everything that you said could be true but the reality is we're not gonna know day one him throwing in his shorts to Davante Adams against a defense we've all known to be horrible over the last decade. Maybe he comes out week one and throws like four touchdowns against the Broncos and then people say that then that's going to be legitimate but not now. 

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 2

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I'm sure they love whoever their quarterback is as long as they're winning. Right now they love Darnold. Last year they loved Purdy. They liked all the quarterbacks

Mayne it was clearly different with Jimmy though. They were all celebrating when he came in after Trey Trey got injured while our players were giggling about Carr being benched and sent home. Jimmy is an alpha and a winner.

Kyle Shanahan record w Jimmy: 38-17 (69%) 

Kyle Shanahan ppg w Jimmy: 27.0

--------------------

Kyle Shanahan record w/o Jimmy: 14-29 (32%)

Kyle Shanahan ppg w/o Jimmy: 21.3

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Specifically this one gets me every year. The guy has to make the team first before he can make an impact lol. 

It seems like Adam Plant jr is the hot UDFA that’s being hyped up. We’ll see in the preseason if he’s just a practice star 

Drake Thomas and McClendon Curtis

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mayne it was clearly different with Jimmy though. They were all celebrating when he came in after Trey Trey got injured while our players were giggling about Carr being benched and sent home. Jimmy is an alpha and a winner.

Kyle Shanahan record w Jimmy: 38-17 (69%) 

Kyle Shanahan ppg w Jimmy: 27.0

--------------------

Kyle Shanahan record w/o Jimmy: 14-29 (32%)

Kyle Shanahan ppg w/o Jimmy: 21.3

If this is true or mattered(now we're getting into a different conversation btw) then why did the Niners move on from Jimmy Garoppolo? Then you have to ask why does he only get 24 mil annually. It's almost like the Niners along with the rest of the league(unless you were on the Patriots staff) know something that we don't

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

If this is true or mattered(now we're getting into a different conversation btw) then why did the Niners move on from Jimmy Garoppolo? Then you have to ask why does he only get 24 mil annually. It's almost like the Niners along with the rest of the league(unless you were on the Patriots staff) know something that we don't

Why did the Patriots move on from Tom Brady? Why did the Lions move on from Matthew Stafford? They both immediately won super bowls with their new teams...

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why did the Patriots move on from Tom Brady? Why did the Lions move on from Matthew Stafford? They both immediately won super bowls with their new teams...

Because he was old and people are now realizing that Bill Belichick is narcissistic. 

32 is not old and Jimmy Garoppolo is not Tom Brady(nor has ever won a Super Bowl) so that's not an apt comparison.

Getting rid of a good quarterback is not a good thing unless there's something that everyone else seems to know. 

Edited by Jeremy408

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Because he was old and people are now realizing that Bill Belichick is narcissistic. 

32 is not old and Jimmy Garoppolo is not Tom Brady(nor has ever won a Super Bowl) so that's not an apt comparison.

Getting rid of a good quarterback is not a good thing unless there's something that everyone else seems to know. 

We've seen a few good veteran QB's change teams and win Super Bowls almost immediately. 

Jimmy G has two Super Bowl wins, another Super Bowl appearance, and I believe two more NFC CG appearances as well. 49ers moved on because they couldn't afford to pay him and he has been injury prone. This isn't a Carr situation where a guy proves to be below average for a decade, Jimmy G is the real deal.

28 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Here's the unbiased objective point of view; everything that you said could be true but the reality is we're not gonna know day one him throwing in his shorts to Davante Adams against a defense we've all known to be horrible over the last decade. Maybe he comes out week one and throws like four touchdowns against the Broncos and then people say that then that's going to be legitimate but not now. 

Very true I agree just glad I’m hearing stuff like “he’s a dog” from maxx and “been throwing to adams this summer” vs “he’s a cool guy good communicator” etc etc

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

He has legitimate talent but he’s made of glass so he never plays more than like 8 to 10 games a year.

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He’s never gushed about carr like that has he ever called carr a “dogg” ?incase y’all don’t know that a big compliment in football terminology 

He didn't say "dog", but he gushed and smiled the same way.  Just saying, don't put much stock in this stuff.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, true2form said:

He didn't say "dog", but he gushed and smiled the same way.  Just saying, don't put much stock in this stuff.

Again “dogg” is huge in the football community it’s not something that gets thrown around all Willy nilly but only time will tell

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We've seen a few good veteran QB's change teams and win Super Bowls almost immediately. 

Jimmy G has two Super Bowl wins, another Super Bowl appearance, and I believe two more NFC CG appearances as well. 49ers moved on because they couldn't afford to pay him and he has been injury prone. This isn't a Carr situation where a guy proves to be below average for a decade, Jimmy G is the real deal.

Lol are you really counting the 2 super bowls where he was Brady's backup as Super Bowl wins? I know(or at least hope) you know better.

• Like 1