8 - vs Chiefs, 2:25

9 - BYE 

10 - at Bills, 6:25 (Mon)

11 - vs Vikings, 6:20 (Sun)

12 - vs Browns, 2:05

13 - at Texans, 2:05

14 - at Chargers, 2:25

15 - at Lions, TBD

16 - vs Patriots, 6:15 (Sun, Christmas Eve)

17 - vs Chargers, 2:25

18 - at Raiders, TBD

Few thoughts - open and close against the Raiders is interesting. The NFL must want to save the intriguing KC/SD matchup for week 18 with the potentially the division up for grabs. Does Mac make it until week 18? Three-straight on the road late in the year is rough, as are back to back prime time games mid-season against two certain playoff teams. Chiefs twice in 3 weeks, the first on a short week and on the road is brutal. Only two, but likely three (@DET is almost certain to be an 11am kickoff) morning games is nice. 3 of the first 4 are very winnable but going to Miami in that heat and humidity in September won’t be fun. 

I personally think this schedule sets up pretty nicely for us.

The first 4, and maybe even the first 5 games are quite winnable for us. That Chiefs gauntlet in the middle of the season is obviously a challenge. Packers with Love on the road are a huge question mark. Seems like a winnable game for us. Vikings/Browns/Texans is not a slate that worries me too much. The Chargers game, while away, is never quite a true away environment, though they are a good team. That Lions game should be interesting - if we are a better team I'd expect that gets flexed to Saturday.

I think this sets up for a 10 or 11 win season IF Payton maximizes Russ. Obviously things can and will change.

I am going to try to get to one of these games. We were planning on Miami but its a few days before our daughter's first birthday so I don't see that happening lol. One of my buddies is a Bills fan, Philly to Buffalo isn't too bad. My company is based in Michigan, so I might try and swing the Lions away game coupled with a work trip lol.

• Like 1

My early thoughts:

- coldest away game is mid-November in Buffalo. Not bad.

- Thursday games are generally the most prone to wild variance because of the short week. Having that be our trip to Arrowhead can only help, as on a normal week it’s a write-off. 

- for the worst matchups in the first 5 games to be @MIA and vs.NYJ, that’s a nice start. Nice to get the Jets in the first 3rd of the season, should be before Rodg really finds a rhythm with his new personnel.

- week 9 bye: fantastic

- having our toughest 2-game stretch split up by the bye is also great. 

I’d say this thing shook out for us about as well as could be expected. The Miami game being in Sept is the only real bummer that I’m seeing. Certainly getting a Sean Payton bump with 4 prime time games after a 5-win season, but as someone from outside the market who can struggle to find day games, I’m into it. 

• Like 3

On 5/12/2023 at 1:16 PM, Broncofan said:

I'm genuinely surprised we got 4 prime time games.    That's almost certainly a show of faith by TV/league execs into Payton's hiring.

The Broncos do remain a national draw. Even post Peyton, the team has a large fanbase nationwide going back to the late 70s. Sean Payton and Russel Wilson are household names as well. Three of the four prime times are also against teams with a national draw in KC, NE and BUF.

And remember, as much as the networks might want, not every prime time game can feature Dallas and KC. It’s not MLB where every week is Yankees/Red Sox. 

On 5/12/2023 at 1:17 PM, thebestever6 said:

what's with the raiders getting 6 lol?

People like watching a McTrainwreck and the networks know that.

• Like 1