Camp/OTA News

ET80

8 hours ago, Blaze said:

Ironically, Juice doesn't worry me.

EVERY rookie worries me, especially someone making calls in some capacity - QB, C, MLB, FS. Anyone who has to check in and out of responsibilities based on looks is something where you have to expect some rookie mistakes.

I do think he gives us the best opportunity to win - even with a healthy Scott Quessenberry. But I’m also thinking he’s going to be overwhelmed at some point, the game amplifies like that at the pro level.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

EVERY rookie worries me, especially someone making calls in some capacity - QB, C, MLB, FS. Anyone who has to check in and out of responsibilities based on looks is something where you have to expect some rookie mistakes.

I do think he gives us the best opportunity to win - even with a healthy Scott Quessenberry. But I’m also thinking he’s going to be overwhelmed at some point, the game amplifies like that at the pro level.

Not to mention the guy was drafted higher than almost anyone thought he would be. I’m not sure he’s ready to be an NFL starter. 

but we are due for an offensive linemen we drafted to be good. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Fant isn’t very good but I guess he’s better than some UDFA starting. 

Fant had a really strong year in 2021 filling in for Mekhi Becton at LT, not sure what went off the rails with him last season. His pass blocking is moderate, but he can’t run block to save his life, so Pierce and Singletary lose an edge to get towards (and it’s not as if Tunsil was some stalwart rub blocking LT either). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Fant had a really strong year in 2021 filling in for Mekhi Becton at LT, not sure what went off the rails with him last season. His pass blocking is moderate, but he can’t run block to save his life, so Pierce and Singletary lose an edge to get towards (and it’s not as if Tunsil was some stalwart rub blocking LT either). 

He sure didn't stop DW4 from getting rubbed... alledgedly ;) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Man stroud looked very overwhelmed. Millls might get a start in the next one 

stroud was so bad, it’s almost like it was on purpose to fool the league. 

it’s pre season but I’m moderately worried

I mean… he attempted four passes. Against a defensive minded HC with a reputation of confusing rookie QBs. I get the coverages and blitzes weren’t anything other than vanilla, but I can’t take anything away from this effort outside of it being Stroud’s first action against an opposing NFL defense, and it showed.

If he looks like this Week 3 of the preseason, I’ll worry. Until then, Stroud has tape to review and things to clean up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I mean… he attempted four passes. Against a defensive minded HC with a reputation of confusing rookie QBs. I get the coverages and blitzes weren’t anything other than vanilla, but I can’t take anything away from this effort outside of it being Stroud’s first action against an opposing NFL defense, and it showed.

If he looks like this Week 3 of the preseason, I’ll worry. Until then, Stroud has tape to review and things to clean up.

Definitely looked a little deer in the headlights when he realized he was not wearing a red jersey.

Also, that attempted throw to Tank (that lead to the INT) was egregiously bad when you see the uncovered receiver in the same frame.

That being said, Tank showed why he was drafted so high and I understand why CJ was trying to force it in there. Just don't next time, young fellas... take what the defense is giving you.

Need to get on the horn with Joe Haeg; Haeg plays the right side (T&G) and Deculus was on skates last night.

Defense looks solid - except against young, athletic running QBs.

Nico absolutely PWNED Gonzalez (he was a draft fav of mine, but you can see why Gonzalez slipped in the draft).

• Like 1