2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Would you trade no. 9 for Crosby?

Not at this point in the Bears rebuild.  I would rather use resources to build an offense around whatever QB we have next year. Not that he was ever going to be the guy but remember the WR and OL we put around Mitch?  Having a good defense is lovely, but until we are certain we've got a QB and an offensive identity the Bears are going nowhere. 

7 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Not at this point in the Bears rebuild.  I would rather use resources to build an offense around whatever QB we have next year. Not that he was ever going to be the guy but remember the WR and OL we put around Mitch?  Having a good defense is lovely, but until we are certain we've got a QB and an offensive identity the Bears are going nowhere. 

Schefter is reporting that Pierce is going to stay anyway so it's all moot

Just now, Sugashane said:

Stroud throws a damn pretty deep ball. I like how he completely overshot Collins on a walk in TD but then connected on two deep shots. Kid just seems cold blooded.

The amount of separation his receivers are getting is insane...that Cleveland D is no joke and Slowik & Stroud are dicing them up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Also Nico Collins is the most underrated receiver in the NFL...he is what people wanted Michael Pittman or Drake London to be.

Dude is looking like a stretched out DeSean Jackson, I honestly don't even remember looking at him pre-draft.

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Dude is looking like a stretched out DeSean Jackson, I honestly don't even remember looking at him pre-draft.

Problem was he had Shea Patterson throwing him the ball in college hahaha

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The amount of separation his receivers are getting is insane...that Cleveland D is no joke and Slowik & Stroud are dicing them up.

This is what I’m seeing. Stroud looks great. Not taking anything away from that at all. But everyone he is throwing to is wide open too. I wonder what that’s like. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Meanwhile, Flacco now has 9 INT in his last 5+ games and at least 1 in every game. Imagine the upheaval if that happened here, regardless of the 14 TDs and the wins associated with the performance. 

10 INTs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

This is what I’m seeing. Stroud looks great. Not taking anything away from that at all. But everyone he is throwing to is wide open too. I wonder what that’s like. 

To be fair it got me thinking about Fields against Denver & Washington and what was so different in those games to the others...can't just be all a bad D because look at what is happening right now against a good Cleveland team...might dig into the All-22 when I have a chance.