Is this the Year for a Repeat?

onejayhawk

The Chiefs pulled a rabbit out of the hat to win their second championship. In spite of losing both OT, two of the top three WR, a starting S, and Frank Clark the roster looks better, more settled. They have Mahomes, Kelce, and Reid. Will they work magic again?

More to the point, will this be the first repeat champion since 2003-2004? 

I don't know how you can say the roster looks better. It's improved in some areas but weakened in some others. The good thing is, there should be expected growth from the sophomore class so Maholmes doesn't just have to carry every game. That being said, the AFC is stacked and playoff games can go either way, seeing as the Chiefs only won each game by 1 score in the playoffs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

My brother in-law actually works for the NFL and I've seen the script. Let's just say things take a weird turn in episode 8 "The Mile High Missed Field Goal Try" and the Chiefs never recover. 

Ask him when the Vikings heartbreak is scheduled for. Please and thanks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I disagree with this. I think it's more or less the same and if anything, a little weaker. Not enough to really move the needle from their win/loss total, but I wouldn't say they improved.

The names may be much the same but Trent McDuffie, George Karlaftis, Skyy Moore, Bryan Cook, Joshua Williams, Jaylen Watson, and Isiah Pacheco are no longer rookies. These are all now playoff-tested veterans. That's a lot of improvement from year to year.

As to the W/L totals, the schedule last season was supposed to be one of the hardest in history. Denver's underperformance softened that a bit, but this season's schedule does not look quite as brutal.

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Enjoy the season! It's going to be a fun one.....just don't bother making travel plans to Detroit. Also the rest of your January will be wide open. 

Perfect, thanks for the cliff notes version! Still leaves some suspense as to what will transpire. I can't wait to see how the disappointment occurs, hopefully something new and exciting!! Missed FGs are so (1998, 2016, etc.)!