2023 NBA Finals: (1) Denver Nuggets vs (8) Miami Heat ||| Nuggets are Champs!!!

11sanchez11

Nuggets are here to stay. I see no reason why that team can't become a dynasty. No way they retain Bruce Brown since they don't have his bird rights but if they can just adequately replace him they'll be ok, even if a bit worse. Definitely the top dog in the West at least until we see how Phoenix and GSW retool their rosters around their stars.

Edited by Spartica4Real

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Let’s relax on dynasty talk. 

Quote me if you gonna respond to me, not a hot take to say a young team with an MVP and almost all players locked up long term, including their core 4, could be a dynasty if they win this one. Winning the first one is the hardest step. Not too long ago the Warriors were in this same situation.

3 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Quote me if you gonna respond to me, not a hot take to say a young team with an MVP and almost all players locked up long term, including their core 4, could be a dynasty if they win this one. Winning the first one is the hardest step. Not too long ago the Warriors were in this same situation.

The Warriors were much better than this Nuggets team. Not even close.

Denver could win a few championships though. Not denying that, but they aren’t an obnoxious collection of uberstars like GS is/was. Golden State underachieved given how insanely stacked their roster was. They should’ve won more IMO. 

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

The Warriors were much better than this Nuggets team. Not even close.

Denver could win a few championships though. Not denying that, but they aren’t an obnoxious collection of uberstars like GS is/was. Golden State underachieved given how insanely stacked their roster was. They should’ve won more IMO. 

Not talking about the KD version, in case that's what you're thinking of. I think the Nuggets are pretty comparable otherwise. The Warriors were a much better regular season team due to admittedly better depth (67 vs 53 wins) but that matters less come postseason time obviously. Looking at the rosters you've got the 2x MVP leading them in Steph and Jokic, you've got fringe all-star 2nd options who punch above their weight in their system in Klay and Murray, prime Draymond was definitely better than Gordon due in part to just how well Draymond fits with the Splash Bros but Gordon serves a similar purpose of being a perfect fit and defensive stalwart, and MPJ is a better 3rd option than Barnes ever was. 

Obviously they're not the exact same or anything, definitely not playstyle wise. Warriors lived on their amazing defense and shooting, whereas the Nuggets live in transition and whenever they do actually miss a shot rebounding, but the comparison is only in terms of young teams ready to make the leap.

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You’ve been on this site forever. Why are you so unecessarily aggressive? Shouldn’t you have grown out of that by now?

You've been on this site forever. Why are you so unnecessarily passive aggressive? Shouldn't you have grown out of that by now?

It's a challenge/request, it's not aggressive to tell someone to quote you, idk what to tell you. 

On 6/1/2023 at 6:50 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

Denver's defensive strategy the entire playoffs have been to leave open shooters open to protect the paint and somehow no one has made them

When I said this that play was a perfect example. Empty side PnR and MPJ leaves Vincent wide open to stand on the other side of the lane... Tho he def thought Jokic was gonna hard hedge and not drop