Running Back Committee, or Will There Be a Standout?

vike daddy

If Akers was healthy, which he is not, I would put him in the top two of that RB list with Chandler.  Mattison can have the third spot more or less by default.  I assume the team will be adding a RB to compete with the guys currently with the team. It is an uninspiring list and worse since one of the top two is coming off an achilles injury pushing Mattison into one of those top two spots.

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I can't see them hitting any FA RBs, but I'd love to see them bring in a more physical back like a Zack Moss or Gus Edwards. 

If they're going to move on from Kirk and expect a rookie to start games this season, I would like to see them add a guy like Barkley or Jacobs. I understand the drawback about paying a RB, but one of those guys would really take the load off the QB and they're also pretty adept at pass-blocking. 

Regardless of who the RB is, if they're starting a rookie, they need a stud pass protector. 

• Like 3