Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 26 - Taco Bowl XXVI Posted!)

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

thanks ill update that when i can. i didnt have time to check these either but if u could check these ill update them at the same time:

1. LR eliminated?

2. LM clinched? (for playoffs - i already know he's not clinched for division)

3. IND eliminated?

looking it over on my phone ...

LR is still alive since beating HAM would put them 2nd in the division and they have a head to head tiebreaker vs HAN should they both finish 9-7 (although lost the tiebreaker vs REY). This means that, I believe, they'd get in if HAN loses regardless of REY*.

LM isn't clinched I believe - they'd lose the tiebreaker for the division vs NZ if both finished 9-7, and lost the head to head vs BER should both finish 9-7 in concention for the last wildcard.

I think IND is eliminated, as they split the series with NZ and will have a worse division record, so cannot finish in 2nd place.

*Speaking of HAN and REY, it's an interesting situation because it actually works out that REY is in a win-and-in situation. They swept their series, so while HAN currently stands 2nd in the division, this is merely because they concluded their division games - having thier 6-2 beat out REYs 5-2. If REY and HAN both win, however, both would be 6-2 so it would move to Conference record, REY's 8-4 beating out HAN's 7-5 (clinching the playoffs I think for REY). Thus, if both win HAN would be 3rd and if both lose it would be REY (dooming them).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Eh, he's eliminating fringe teams that sold assets for high picks at the deadline. I don't see a universe where he's worth 4 tags in S27, but I sure hope he's kept anyway.

What would make you believe I would keep Sam Howell for 4 tags? If I had any intention of keeping him he would’ve been on the PS after a few games. 

8 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Eh, he's eliminating fringe teams that sold assets for high picks at the deadline. I don't see a universe where he's worth 4 tags in S27, but I sure hope he's kept anyway.

This is just a fancy way of saying he ended your playoff chances

Just now, Scalamania said:

What would make you believe I would keep Sam Howell for 4 tags? If I had any intention of keeping him he would’ve been on the PS after a few games. 

... then why start him during a season when you don't have your own upcoming 1st round pick? He wasn't going to be good, and you could've grabbed a clear upgrade at any point during the draft. It's like tanking, only more confusing.

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Well, right. Just odd to celebrate eliminating a team that was clearly not trying to win this year, but whatever makes him feel good I guess.

Are you saying that you weren’t try to win either - yet you have none of your own picks and the message above this is questioning me because I don’t have my first round pick lol. 

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

... then why start him during a season when you don't have your own upcoming 1st round pick? He wasn't going to be good, and you could've grabbed a clear upgrade at any point during the draft. It's like tanking, only more confusing.

I have what should be one of the better young quarterbacks on my PS right now for 1 tag. I already have the clear upgrade on my team (maybe 2 if Love doesn’t suck). 

Just now, Scalamania said:

Are you saying that you weren’t try to win either - yet you have none of your own picks and the message above this is questioning me because I don’t have my first round pick lol. 

I have what should be one of the better young quarterbacks on my PS right now for 1 tag. I already have the clear upgrade on my team (maybe 2 if Love doesn’t suck). 

Well, right... which is why I drafted a competent QB and watched him perform relatively well. I wasn't tanking. I accumulated a future 1st, 2nd and nearly made the playoffs. If you had no interest in keeping Howell, were tanking and didn't own your future 1st, I don't understand the rationale behind starting him all year when you could've taken a rookie (at the very least).