Rangers RHP Jacob deGrom to Undergo Tommy John Surgery

beekay414

41 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

An MLB record 31 pitchers have needed Tommy John surgery this year

Guys throwing this hard with that much torque on breaking balls in an era where we emphasize spin rate can’t be overlooked here.

I think the “pitch count” and “innings pitched” metrics are good to a degree but flawed.

Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Guys throwing this hard with that much torque on breaking balls in an era where we emphasize spin rate can’t be overlooked here.

I think the “pitch count” and “innings pitched” metrics are good to a degree but flawed.

Just my opinion.

Pitch count and innings pitch aren't as bad when you have a 6 man rotation but doing it a lot in a 5 seems to make a difference although Chris Sale and Garrett Whitlock aren't the best examples to use. 

wonder how much of it has to do with pitchers "rushing" throws because of the pitch clock. Speculative but I don't think it's much of a big deal either

3 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Pitch count and innings pitch aren't as bad when you have a 6 man rotation but doing it a lot in a 5 seems to make a difference although Chris Sale and Garrett Whitlock aren't the best examples to use. 

wonder how much of it has to do with pitchers "rushing" throws because of the pitch clock. Speculative but I don't think it's much of a big deal either

I’d say the pitch clock has 0 to do with it IMO.