2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

20 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

How is that “doubtful”. Even if we resign Acho we need 3 OLBs. Good chance we draft 2

I guess I didn't word it very well. I think Pace will probably go with a younger guy instead of Wake, even though Wake is proven. I could well be wrong, but I think Wake would be our Plan C. Or D. 

28 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Broncos trade Talib to the Rams for a 5th.

Good news for Watkins getting free. Talib counts 11 million.

Wow. Wade Phillips is going out and getting his dudes huh? Makes me happy because I don't think Watkins is going back there!

21 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I thought I saw that it's only like 5 if it's post July 1st? Was that wrong? (Honestly don't know.) 

Not a contract wizard, but from what I see on Spotrac it seems the post-June 1st cut is their best option but still has over $17 mil dead this year and $13 mil next year. So it saved MIA $5 million, but they're still paying a ton for no return.

Pre-6/1 Release Today → 03/18/2018 2018

Dead Cap: $22,200,000

2018 Cap Savings: $3,900,000

03/18/2018 → 6/1/2018 2018

Dead Cap: $30,700,000 2018 Cap

Savings: $-4,600,000

Post-6/1 Release

2018 Dead Cap: $17,600,000 2019

Dead Cap: $13,100,000 2018

Cap Savings: $8,500,000

I went back and watched as much Chiefs offensive "tape" as I could once Nagy took over playcalling (2nd half of the Bills game) and if he has the same MO in Chicago our offense is going to be FUN. I think Albert Wilson is probably a lock to be our slot WR no matter what -- hopefully his cost isn't too high.

Two things we are clearly lacking, though, is speed at WR and a legitimate TE threat. Nagy used Hill all over the field and even put him in the backfield at times and ran the ball with him / had him run routes from the backfield. We don't have that guy on our roster unless Cohen is going to be heavily involved in the passing game. Watkins did all that and then some in college -- just sayin! :D

I like Shaheen fine but he really needs to figure out the balance issue he has at times / turning upfield after a reception and immediately falling down. Hopefully he cuts weight to about 260-265 (listed at 278) while maintaining strength. Sims might actually be a decent TE2 in this offense so I'm not really anticipating him going anywhere unless Pace/Nagy want more of an F TE in this offense.

7 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Not a contract wizard, but from what I see on Spotrac it seems the post-June 1st cut is their best option but still has over $17 mil dead this year and $13 mil next year. So it saved MIA $5 million, but they're still paying a ton for no return.

Pre-6/1 Release Today → 03/18/2018 2018

Dead Cap: $22,200,000

2018 Cap Savings: $3,900,000

03/18/2018 → 6/1/2018 2018

Dead Cap: $30,700,000 2018 Cap

Savings: $-4,600,000

Post-6/1 Release

2018 Dead Cap: $17,600,000 2019

Dead Cap: $13,100,000 2018

Cap Savings: $8,500,000

Thanks. I was going off a post I read (I think on here) but it was obviously wrong. It doesn't look like there's any way they'd release Suh before next season. Which makes me wonder just what the hell the Dolphins are going to do to fix their cap...? 

12 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Thanks. I was going off a post I read (I think on here) but it was obviously wrong. It doesn't look like there's any way they'd release Suh before next season. Which makes me wonder just what the hell the Dolphins are going to do to fix their cap...? 

I have no clue. Are they able to do a kind of Osweiler trade you think?

"We will give you a 2nd round pick to eat Suh's contract, including his guarantees."

Maybe MAI let's him and his agent negotiate with other teams prior to being contacted by the team directly. See if that team can rework the deal to make it less ridiculous for them, maybe lower the AAV some but jumpt the total guarantees left up to compensate.

IDK if that can happen or not. He is on the wrong side of 30, and while he is a physical freak IDK that any team is going to want to throw big 5-6 year guarantees around for him due to his age.

But getting rid of Landry and Tannahill gets them to just under $10 mil cap. Maybe we could swing a deal where we "save" them by getting Landry, 1(11) and a high 2019 pick for our 1(8) (which I would likely do without Landry anyway  lol). They get to draft the rookie for Gase to tie himself to, can keep Suh or let him go post-June 1st to get their cap up to around $18 mil. (this last paragraph was for you @G08)

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

But getting rid of Landry and Tannahill gets them to just under $10 mil cap. Maybe we could swing a deal where we "save" them by getting Landry, 1(11) and a high 2019 pick for our 1(8) (which I would likely do without Landry anyway  lol). They get to draft the rookie for Gase to tie himself to, can keep Suh or let him go post-June 1st to get their cap up to around $18 mil. (this last paragraph was for you @G08)

giphy.gif

NBC Sports Chicago
@NBCSChicago
54m54 minutes ago
Bears expected to make major strikes early at multiple positions when free agency opens next week: http://bit.ly/2FuUMWq

Bears expected to make major strikes early at multiple positions when free agency opens next week
By John Mullin March 09, 2018 9:05 AM

"Applying the transition tag to Kyle Fuller is only one part of the Bears’ efforts to (again) shore up a tipping-point position in their defense. The Bears are among teams expected to be in the mix for connection with Richard Sherman, likely to be released by the Seattle Seahawks before the start of free agency."

"The given is that the Bears will make a preemptive strike at wideout. The questions are how many (one or two?) and exactly for whom?"

"The Bears have been exploring a contract extension for Amos, who like Fuller delivered a breakout season in 2017."

"Information continues to bubble to the surface that the Bears are close on a multi-year extension for Goldman, who has emerged as one of the NFL’s best young defensive tackles."

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

NBC Sports Chicago
@NBCSChicago
54m54 minutes ago
Bears expected to make major strikes early at multiple positions when free agency opens next week: http://bit.ly/2FuUMWq

Bears expected to make major strikes early at multiple positions when free agency opens next week
By John Mullin March 09, 2018 9:05 AM

"Applying the transition tag to Kyle Fuller is only one part of the Bears’ efforts to (again) shore up a tipping-point position in their defense. The Bears are among teams expected to be in the mix for connection with Richard Sherman, likely to be released by the Seattle Seahawks before the start of free agency."

"The given is that the Bears will make a preemptive strike at wideout. The questions are how many (one or two?) and exactly for whom?"

"The Bears have been exploring a contract extension for Amos, who like Fuller delivered a breakout season in 2017."

"Information continues to bubble to the surface that the Bears are close on a multi-year extension for Goldman, who has emerged as one of the NFL’s best young defensive tackles."

-I am 100% cool with extensions for Goldman and Amos

-The Bears need to lead the WR market

-I am fine with Sherman at a good price. 11 million coming off of injury was too much.

Archived