2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

5 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

I think it’s worth repeating: my free agency prediction is that nobody will be happy.

Source: every free agency period ever 

Certainly won’t crush me if we don’t get Albert Wilson even if I’m surprised. I just wanna see us get some upgrades. I’m easy to please in FA. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Do we really think they cut Suh to sign Albert Wilson though? That just doesn’t make sense. 

Idk the book on Tannenbaum is one of.perpetual cap hell.  I dont even think they can sign him until they get the cap room from suh and a bunch of other moves, so who really knows. It seems like an odd team to use as a leverage play.

Brad Biggs

Multiple sources say the Bears have identified the Rams’ Sammy Watkins as their top target at arguably their greatest position of need — wide receiver. Watkins, the fourth overall pick in the 2014 draft by the Bills, has averaged 15.9 yards per catch in his career. For the sake of comparison, that’s more than a yard better than former Bear Alshon Jeffery.

Don't get me wrong, I like Watkins and will be happy if they sign him.  That being said, I've decided I prefer Robinson.  Watkins hasn't really proven he can be a #1 WR (only one year of 1k yards) and hasn't played a whole season since his rookie year.  So far he's shown he can be a strong deep threat but not a ton more.  If they sign Watkins, i still draft another WR in the first 3 rounds.

5 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Don't get me wrong, I like Watkins and will be happy if they sign him.  That being said, I've decided I prefer Robinson.  Watkins hasn't really proven he can be a #1 WR (only one year of 1k yards) and hasn't played a whole season since his rookie year.  So far he's shown he can be a strong deep threat but not a ton more.  If they sign Watkins, i still draft another WR in the first 3 rounds.

Gotta project based on how you see him running routes and how bad Goff was at getting him the ball deep last season. This dude can rip the top off a defense, he has tremendous burst into and out of his routes, and he runs beautifully sharp slants, posts, hitches, digs, etc. He just needs a coach who will tailor a scheme to his talents instead of trying to force him into a role (decoy, for example).

I'll be doing backflips if this actually happens!

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

Goff produced a 116.0 passer rating and 8-to-1 TD-INT ratio when throwing to Watkins in 2017.

Yes, but would those numbers scale with more targets?  Teams would certainly cue in on him and put the top CB on him if that were the case.

Archived