Road to the Playoffs: Scoreboard Watching Thread

sp6488

I think it's bad news actually. It does mess up 3 way tie-breakers if we lose one and the Titans do too, though I expect them to lose BOTH. I actually wanted us to be locked in to 6 before week 17 so we could rest, but I think that's off the table now.

Not a huge deal. We could get the 5 and avoid Jacksonville which is the upside.

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

I think it's bad news actually. It does mess up 3 way tie-breakers if we lose one and the Titans do too, though I expect them to lose BOTH. I actually wanted us to be locked in to 6 before week 17 so we could rest, but I think that's off the table now.

D6PfW.jpg

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Yea, if we win out and they drop another, I would rather go to KC than JAX.

^^^ Agreed. Even when Jacksonville has fielded some of the worst units in recent Nfl history, we’ve struggled with them. Now that they actually have a good team, I’d rather avoid them.

On the flip side we’ve seemed to always play Kansas City well. And they’re just as inconsistent as our team, so that should be an interesting matchup.

23 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

^^^ Agreed. Even when Jacksonville has fielded some of the worst units in recent Nfl history, we’ve struggled with them. Now that they actually have a good team, I’d rather avoid them.

On the flip side we’ve seemed to always play Kansas City well. And they’re just as inconsistent as our team, so that should be an interesting matchup.

Beyond that, the only thing that really scares me for our D at this point is attacking Carr deep.  That's not something I particularly fear with Alex Smith as the trigger man.

2 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Beyond that, the only thing that really scares me for our D at this point is attacking Carr deep.  That's not something I particularly fear with Alex Smith as the trigger man.

Tyreek Hill is terrifying downfield and Smith absolutely can and does get it to him there. Him going against Carr would be a nightmare, and that's exactly what would happen since Pees doesn't have his corners shadow players. Just stick to one side. 

14 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Tyreek Hill is terrifying downfield and Smith absolutely can and does get it to him there. Him going against Carr would be a nightmare, and that's exactly what would happen since Pees doesn't have his corners shadow players. Just stick to one side. 

This is already making me angry because it's so true.

So if we win next week, we are the 5 seed. That's simple. But, a loss isn't a sure elimination either.

We can also get in IF:

Bills lose to the Dolphins in week 17 (doesn't help us if they lose to the Pats, so no reason to root for the Pats)

Or

Titans lose both of their remaining games. They are both at home, but against tough opponents in the Rams and Jags, and the Titans aren't very good. 

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

So if we win next week, we are the 5 seed. That's simple. But, a loss isn't a sure elimination either.

We can also get in IF:

Bills lose to the Dolphins in week 17 (doesn't help us if they lose to the Pats, so no reason to root for the Pats)

Or

Titans lose both of their remaining games. They are both at home, but against tough opponents in the Rams and Jags, and the Titans aren't very good. 

Wait, so if we end up 9-7, and the Bills end up 9-7 after they lose to the Patriots but beat the Dolphins, they have the tie break over us?

Just now, Danand said:

Wait, so if we end up 9-7, and the Bills end up 9-7 after they lose to the Patriots but beat the Dolphins, they have the tie break over us?

Yep. That's why we can't clinch this weekend regardless of what happens.

To keep it simple. We just have to root for the Rams this weekend. Then THREE things would all need to happen in week 17 for us to NOT make the playoffs. 

Lets go Gurley man!

Archived