2023 Off-Season Thread: Lillard traded to Bucks!!! Jrue rerouted to Celtics!

11sanchez11

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

The new CBA is gonna make the NBA a terrible product. 

Why? Because the top 4 teams won’t have limitless resources if they’re willing to pay the luxury tax? That is about the only thing that changes, which helps everyone not named Boston, GSW, LAL, PHX.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm more intrigued to see how it unfolds before I pass any judgment. I like the theory behind it. 

Anything that doesn’t let teams do things like:

Curry
Thompson
Durant
Draymond
Cousins

is good. Especially when there are teams with jack nothing. I feel like the early 2000’s was the best era. There were 8-10 superstars in the league and like 30 “stars.”  A few teams had two or three superstars/stars on it, but most teams had 1 guy. That was when the most parity existed in the NBA. When Lebron was on a rookie deal. The Celtics Big 3 changed the dynamic of the entire NBA & these star pairings have gotten more and more absurd.

The other thing that could help is eliminating salary ceilings for players. The idea of a “max contract” has made it really easy to stack superstars. If Golden State had to pay major bucks for Curry, they wouldn’t then be able to pay major bucks for Durant, Thompson, and Green. That would be good for the NBA fans & the players.

3 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Anything that doesn’t let teams do things like:

Curry
Thompson
Durant
Draymond
Cousins

is good. Especially when there are teams with jack nothing. I feel like the early 2000’s was the best era. There were 8-10 superstars in the league and like 30 “stars.”  A few teams had two or three superstars/stars on it, but most teams had 1 guy. That was when the most parity existed in the NBA. When Lebron was on a rookie deal. The Celtics Big 3 changed the dynamic of the entire NBA & these star pairings have gotten more and more absurd.

The other thing that could help is eliminating salary ceilings for players. The idea of a “max contract” has made it really easy to stack superstars. If Golden State had to pay major bucks for Curry, they wouldn’t then be able to pay major bucks for Durant, Thompson, and Green. That would be good for the NBA fans & the players.

The early 2000's was super low quality though. I prefer ~2008-2014. Not the ultra slow pace and iso style of the early 2000's, and not the floppy, too reliant on the 3-ball basketball of the current era. 

I know Miami has been the main team linked to Dame but the Blazers reportedly don't like Herro and he doesn't really fit with Simons, Scoot, and Sharpe. 

I think a sleeper team could potentially be the Celtics if they're interested in going all in this year. 

A package of Robert Williams, Payton Pritchard, and Malcolm Brogdon works financially and they could also offer firsts in 2024, 2026, 2030 plus swaps in 2025/2027/2029. Not sure they'd want to take on Brogdon's deal but Williams fits well with their timeline and roster makeup. 

Dame - Brown - Tatum - Porzingis - Horford