2023 Off-Season Thread: Lillard traded to Bucks!!! Jrue rerouted to Celtics!

11sanchez11

19 minutes ago, JonStark said:

And how long does that leash last? It's been a week and a half and it's pretty clear they aren't looking to move him. Dame can't wait around for a rebuild and they aren't competing with their current roster. Also, not sure why everyone has an issue with him choosing Miami. He clearly doesn't want to leave Portland for just anywhere, but has ties to the Heat.

It's just a dbag move by him to wait a day after Grant is signed to request a trade.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, General Tso said:

It's just a dbag move by him to wait a day after Grant is signed to request a trade.

I think his mind was pretty much made up when they used #3 on a young PG. Probably wasn't an easy decision for him which is why it took a few days. 

I think it's hilarious people are painting him out to be a villain after 11 years of loyalty on a mediocre team. 

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I think his mind was pretty much made up when they used #3 on a young PG. Probably wasn't an easy decision for him which is why it took a few days. 

I think it's hilarious people are painting him out to be a villain after 11 years of loyalty on a mediocre team. 

It's a villainous move to wait till after the start of FA to request a trade.

"Well Portland didn't have to offer Grant that contract." Well, they're trying to build around Dame aren't they? They're not going to lose Grant for nothing.

• Like 1

Just now, General Tso said:

It's a villainous move to wait till after the start of FA to request a trade.

"Well Portland didn't have to offer Grant that contract." Well, they're trying to build around Dame aren't they? They're not going to lose Grant for nothing.

Drafting Scoot with the #3 overall pick is not committing to building around Dame. You're right that he could've done it earlier, but stop with the "they are trying" nonsense. They easily could've moved that pick for a star veteran but chose not to (the right call IMO) and now they have to live with that choice.

I'm honestly not sure why they aren't interested in Herro. That would be a solid backcourt for a long time. 

6 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Drafting Scoot with the #3 overall pick is not committing to building around Dame. You're right that he could've done it earlier, but stop with the "they are trying" nonsense. They easily could've moved that pick for a star veteran but chose not to (the right call IMO) and now they have to live with that choice.

I'm honestly not sure why they aren't interested in Herro. That would be a solid backcourt for a long time. 

I'll agree they've given out bad contracts in the past, but I think that is compensating for the fact that Portland will never be NY, LA, or an income-taxless state.

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And you have proof of this, yeah?

Nope, but we both know that if they were motivated to do so, with all of the star players involved in trade rumors this offseason, there's a good chance there would've been something out there. 

10 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I'll agree they've given out bad contracts in the past, but I think that is compensating for the fact that Portland will never be NY, LA, or an income-taxless state.

Yeah I won't disagree with that at all. They have to overpay to compete with the big market teams and if it doesn't work out, it hits even harder. I just think if their #1 goal was to keep Dame, drafting Scoot was the wrong way to go. 

Edited by JonStark

23 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Nope, but we both know that if they were motivated to do so, with all of the star players involved in trade rumors this offseason, there's a good chance there would've been something out there.

And which stars are those exactly? 

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And which stars are those exactly? 

Not gonna play this game with you. We've both seen rumors from Zion to KAT (albeit with the Knicks) to Smart (who ended up moving, althouigh this one would require more) to Lavine, etc. If they were truly motivated, I believe they could've made something work. You don't? Cool, but don't try to act like I need to have NBA insider proof to have that opinion. 

Embiid will be the next star player to request a trade if they don’t get Dame. He won’t ask out for this season, but next offseason there will be drama. They have absolutely no real way aside from the Harden contract to make this team any better to where they’re contenders. 

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Not gonna play this game with you. We've both seen rumors from Zion to KAT (albeit with the Knicks) to Smart (who ended up moving, althouigh this one would require more) to Lavine, etc. If they were truly motivated, I believe they could've made something work. You don't? Cool, but don't try to act like I need to have NBA insider proof to have that opinion. 

Lol

We hear the same **** every year and every year it passes and a top 5 pick never moves for a "star" player. But, yes, this time it totally could've happened. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Gordon, Yuta, Bates-Diop, Lee, Okogie and Eubanks all on the minumom.  Know nothing about Metu.  

Metu is here to boost Ayton's confidence. Ayton destroyed that man in college. Like 32 and 20 in the PAC12 championship game.